‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

Hogwarts Express

When Marie-Adelaide Lestrange stepped on the Hogwarts Express she thought she'd be in a better mood. She certainly didn't expect to be separated from Draco so soon. As a newly named Prefect, he had to report in a different compartment and receive instructions about his responsibilities. He promised her he'd join her as soon as possible but it didn't put the witch in a better mood, especially not after learning the second Prefect was Pansy. She didn't say anything on that subject as she let him kiss her before following his house mate to the front of the train. Alice tagged along Rachelle and Blaise in their search of an empty compartment. As soon as they found one, she sat in front of them, still not smiling.

"Alice..." At first it was weird to hear her best friend call her by Draco's nickname. Rachelle was the one who came up with Addie and had called her by that name for four years. Blaise who met Alice by Draco never caught on calling her Addie and it eventually stuck for Rachelle as well. "Please stop sulking."

The witch with black hair only responded with a forced smile. She looked out the window as Rachelle looked at her boyfriend. Blaise didn't know what to say so he just shrugged his shoulders before putting his arm around the blond.

"Did your family tried to contact you this summer?" Alice finally asked Rachelle.

Rachelle White's mother was French and her father British. Since he was never present in his daughter's life, all the decisions about the young witch were made by her mother who was controlled by her own mother who decided that Rachelle must finish her education at Beauxbatons like everyone in her family did. Alice didn't understand why Rachelle's grandmother let her daughter marry an Englishman in the first place if she was so proud to be French. The only normal explanation she could think of was blood status. By taking the decision of transferring to Hogwarts to be with Blaise, Rachelle got disowned by her family under her grandmother's order.

"No." She answered darkly. "But I have a new family now. And I love Blaise's mother." She responded taking his hand.

Alice smiled to show her she was glad. When Blaise learned what her family has done, he didn't hesitate one second to take her into his family. After what the blond told Alice, she seemed to be getting along his mother just perfectly.

"How about the girls? Did you see them a lot?"

"It's a little hard to try to pick a date when Suzanne can't make it."

When Alice told her friends they would see each other during summer, she had expected to see them more than she truly did. But when last year Suzanne attempted to ruin her friend's relationship with Draco, Alice refused to speak with her. What she was really waiting for was an apology and her regretting her actions but Suzanne was way too proud to do so.

"And she didn't say anything to you since?" Rachelle asked. Suzanne was a good friend of hers when Alice and her were at Beauxbatons and she had a hard time believing she would do something like that to an old friend.

"During the last day." She responded "She came up to me when we were saying our good-byes. She wished me good luck at Hogwarts so I responded thanks. I hoped she'd say sorry and ask if we could meet at one point this summer but she didn't. I'm not the one who's going to run after her, that's for sure."

Rachelle nodded, closing the conversation. Alice looked outside, still not in a better mood. When she was little she had dreamed to go to Hogwarts. That dream was crushed when her mother sent her to Beauxbatons in hope she'd learn to be more French. But since she had been raised in English, it had been hard for her to adapt and after four years, her Headmistress transferred her to Hogwarts. When Alice learned it was official the fantasy of traveling to Hogwarts by train again filled her head but she clearly imagined Draco to be besides her. To give the couple in front of her a rest from her bad mood, Alice leaned her head on the window and dozed off.

When Alice awoke, she was surprised that she didn't feel the window's cold glass against her cheek. When she completely regained conscious she noticed someone changed her position and she was now resting her head on someone's knees.

"Good morning beautiful." Alice heard her favourite voice say "You looked uncomfortable sleeping in that position; I just had to switch you."

"Well that's very nice of you Mr. Malfoy." Alice's mood automatically got better and she smiled widely to her boyfriend.

"Never a problem serving you, Miss Lestrange." Draco responded with a smirk that melted Alice every time she saw it.

Alice didn't sit up, enjoying the time being on Draco's laps as he played with her hair. They were both in love with each other and no matter how different they sometimes appeared to be from each other, they knew nothing in the world could separate them.

"When do you girls get sorted?" Blaise asked after a while of silence

"After supper in the Headmaster's office. That's what they said in the letter." Alice replied, losing her breath. She got nervous every time there was a mention of sorting.

"So if you two can wait outside to walk us to the common it would be great." Rachelle added.

Like Alice, she was also convinced that both of them would be officially in Slytherin by tonight. Alice knew she had to be, being the daughter of a loyal Death Eater but was worried if there would be a mix up and she'd be sorted somewhere else.

"The two Beaters from Slytherin graduated. Any chance I'll see you during the try-outs?" Draco asked his girlfriend, whom he remembered to be an excellent Quidditch player at a young age

"Would never miss it." They quickly kissed. Alice was finally happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so it's a small one but it's something :)
The first ones are going to be calm but don't worry, I know this story is headed somewhere :P

Hope you like it and thanks for reading.