‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

Lies revealed

Ever since her first year at Beauxbatons, Marie-Adelaide had always been caught up in her work load since she never let anything slip to the last minute. But she always liked doing her work during the week to keep her week-ends free to do whatever she wants. So it was without a smile that Alice entered the library, Saturday after lunch with Hermione. She had been looking forward spending some time with Draco but he told her he had Prefect duties. So instead of wasting her time, thinking what kind of duties Draco and Pansy had to do together, she took on Hermione's offer to get ahead in their work. As they walked, Alice listened to her complain about Harry and Ron who instead catching up to their homework, went to practice Quidditch an hour before practice even started. Alice couldn't help but think how bizarre it was, that they were all friends together. It gave her some people to talk to after hours because she wasn't a rebel like Hayley who broke curfew almost every day now. Draco had never fancied the idea from the start. At first he tried not to bring it up but now Alice found that all of their fights were related to the trio. The girls were discussing what subject should they start covering just when Addie noticed Rachelle and Blaise sitting at a table, two empty seats in front of them.

"Hey you two." Alice greeted them. Hermione stayed behind, probably uncomfortable by Blaise and even Rachelle whom she only knows by name

"Alice, it's been a while!" Rachelle exclaimed at her sight

"Can Hermione and I join?" She asked already sitting down in front of Blaise, before even finishing the sentence

Blaise who briefly smiled by her action, frowned when he noticed who her friend was. To him, she was known as Granger the mud-blood.

"It's just for studying." Rachelle said, first nodding and then lacing her fingers into his. "You don't even have to talk to her." She added silently as Addie called Hermione

For the first few minutes, the four of them stayed silent, each finding something to read to avoid the awkwardness. Even Alice was starting to think this was a horrible idea. Luckily, it didn't take long for the two half-French witches started talking, eventually adding Blaise to the conversation. After exchanging the latest news, Alice felt Draco's absence weigh in.

"If only Draco would be here it would be like the good old times." Alice let it slip, feeling a little guilty for excluding Hermione out of the conversation so much.

"Yeah, I don't get that." Rachelle started "Why was he going to the Quidditch pitch? Aren't you on the team as well?" She asked Blaise, knowing very well he was the star chaser.

"He's at the pitch?" Addie asked "Why?"

"He was asking some people in the room if they wanted to join him to well..."

"Harry and Ron are practicing, aren't they?" Alice turned to Hermione. When the brown hair girl nodded, Addie almost let out a scram of fury. How could he lie to her? "So instead of spending time with me, he's there, annoying the Gryffindors?" She asked but already knew the answer. "Who joined?" She almost didn't want to know.

"I know Theo wanted to, Montague and the other guys of the team. Crabbe and Goyle obviously. Pansy also did her job and got a couple of girls to come."

"He's there with Pansy?!" The whole library must have heard her

"Well yeah, they both sort of organized the event..." But Blaise understood he should have swallowed that last comment after his girlfriend hit him with her elbow and saw Alice's death stare

"So he chooses to spend his Saturdays with Pansy rather than with me."

"No..." Rachelle hushed her. "You're just making it sound that way, Alice. He's not with her..."

"Right now, he's by her sides instead of mine. I don't need my best friend defending him after he lied to my bloody face with some bullshit about Prefect duties! I'm going to kill both of them as soon as I see them." She said looking somewhere else in hopes to hide her pain. But after such a reaction the damage was already done.

"Alice, I'm not defending him and I never will. Even if you'd be completely wrong and the whole world would know that, I'd still be there by your sides, supporting you." Rachelle said, taking her friend's hands into hers "But darling, he doesn't care whenever she's there or not. And I'm sure he'd rather it be you by his sides. But you're a better person than she is and just because Draco is a tiny little bit immature, you don't sink to his level."

"A tiny little bit immature? He sounds more like a jerk to me." Alice said getting up and started gathering her stuff.

"Alice, don't be stupid, you'll just say something you'll regret and it will cause another fight." Rachelle said when she saw her putting on her cape to go outside

"Well if he thinks he can lie to my face and get away with it, well than yes, there is going to be a bloody fight. Hermione pass me your scarf."

"Alice, forget about it and stop acting like a controlling..."

"He lied to me Rachelle! You just said you'd stand by me, you just... You know what, never mind. What could you know anything about it? You and your perfect relationship..."

"Excuse me?" Rachelle asked, getting up. No a library wasn't the best place to have this conversation that was getting louder by the argument.

"Just because you never have fights, it doesn't mean that the rest of us don't have arguments!"

"Maybe Blaise and I never fight is because I'm not trying to change him all the time!"
Alice stayed silenced for five seconds before speaking again.

"Thanks for proving to me just how much you really are on his side and how you have no idea what's even going on in my relationship."

"Well don't piss me off next time!"

"I'm going. See you later Rachelle." Alice said, venom in her voice

"Ruin your relationship. See if I care."

By the time those were quarrelling, Hermione and Blaise exchanged a look. No hate between them, both of them too weird out by the fight to even remember they were supposed to hate each other. When Alice made the trip to the pitch she kept thinking what she was supposed to say to him when she was going to see him. Should she start with stupid bastard or lying git ? Should she start screaming and yelling every insult she knew in hopes she'd hurt him. What could she possibly say to Draco that could hurt him, anyways? She walked up to the stand and looked at the field where the Gryffindors were trying to practice and ignore the chants Gryffindors are losers that were coming from the group that Draco was a part of. She stood on the top of the stands, looking at her boyfriend's back, still loss of words. Why was he like that? He had always been nice to her and even if he was a little egocentric, it never got to the point that he went totally out of his way to hurt people. The witch kept staring at him, trying to think of something to say and didn't realize that someone did in fact noticed she came.

"Hey Draco! I think you're in trouble, your girlfriend is here."

Draco expected to look and see nothing there because it was probably a joke. What would his Alice be doing here? She had assured him that she had every intention of cheering for Slytherin during the game, so why would she come to encourage her house team while they practice. Knowing her she was probably somewhere talking with Rachelle or her new friend Hayley. Draco looked behind him only to find the girl he loved, staring at him, hurt. She was wearing a black dress with long sleeves and a cape that his mother bought for her this summer. It was he expected her to wear something like that on a week-end, it was her usually attire down to the grey stocking and high heel boots. But it only made the scarf stand out more. The red and gold scarf. It was the first that jumped to Draco's eyes. Faster than the disappointed face and faster than her favourite cape. During the past weeks, he never caught her wearing the Griffindor scarf. She never looked like a Gryffindor to him until now. He stood up and walked to her, fearing her fury.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her finally even if he was under the impression that wasn't the best way to start this conversation

Alice looked at the Slytherin crowd who took a pause in mocking the Gryffindors who probably appreciated that they weren't the subject of attention but that the odd couple was. The girl didn't respond and turned, leaving her boyfriend shocked. She walked up the stands and took the stairs, leaving. She didn't want to talk to him in front of the others and if Draco cared the least about their relationship, he'd follow her. He watched his girl leave the stands before finally rushing after her.

"Alice!" He yelled rushing down the stairs but the girl chose to ignore him before knowing what she was going to tell him. "Alice, please."

They were outside the pitch. Alice finally stopped remembering a scene from the last time they came here together. Last time she was leaving this place, Madame Maxim was cursing in French, unhappy with her student. But that wasn't the memory that was burning her mind.

"Remember the first time we came here? Before we even got to the pitch we ran into some Gryffindors and I asked you to be nicer. But it seems you just can't..." Draco didn't answer as he stated at his girlfriend, wondering why she wasn't yelling yet. "And I guess that there's just nothing I can do about it."

"I know you're mad."

"Oh really Draco? Why would you think that?" She asked him "Is it because you think I'm a loser."

"Alice, you're not a Gryffindor to me. I don't care that you're wearing some stupid scarf; you still want what I want, what my family wants. I wasn't thinking of you at all."

"You lied about it."

"I couldn't tell you, Alice I can't hang out, I'm going to annoy the Gryffindors, you'd be so pissed"

"Then you could have said, Alice I want to hang out with my friends tonight. You didn't have to invent some crap about Prefect duties."

"Alice, I'm sorry. I-"

"Are you sorry about what you have done or that you got caught? Those are two different things Draco."

"I'm sorry I lied to you and hurt you. It wasn't my intension."

"No it was hurting Harry and Ron. That was your intention."

"Alice, look..." His voice trailed off and didn't finish. He wasn't doing to say sorry for annoying Potter or Weasley.

"Draco, we're spending too much time together to the point you need to lie to get away from me."

"Alice, it's not that!" Draco said to her surprise. She didn't think he'd have a reaction this strong to what she was about to say. "Don't... Please don't end this. You're the best that ever happen to me." Alice opened her mouth a little. "Alice Lestrange, I love you and I-"

"Draco I don't want to break up with you but..." She said looking straight into his grey eyes. She never saw them as panicked as she was seeing them. "I love you but I think we've reached a point that we need some time apart from times to times. Once a week, I think we can manage of hanging out with our own friends, no questions asked about what the other person is doing. So you don't have to lie to me next time..." The rest of the sentence dried up in her throat but Draco didn't noticed it as he smiled

"But only once a week. I like seeing your face as much as I can." He said, feeling that she cooled off enough to be taken in his arms. "So you don't want to break up with me?" He asked, still worried as Alice let a small laugh while shaking her head

"What would I do without you?" She said as he closed the space between them and kissed.

When they saw the Slytherins get out of the pitch they understood that practice was over and that the Gryffindors went change. Draco walked Alice to the castle and held her hand all the way there. They said good bye at their usually parting point and promised to spend all day with each other. She entered the portrait and walked in the common room, where she quickly stopped Hermione but no Hayley to be seen.

"How did it go?" The brunette asked, seeing her friend sit beside her

"We got to an agreement. I cooled off before reaching the pitch so I didn't deliver my fury like I predicted it."

It wasn't too long after that, Ron and Harry walked in.

"How was practice?" Hermione asked, even if she had an idea already

"It was-" Harry started

"Completely lousy." Ron finished

"Well it was your first time." Hermione said, trying to make him feel better but Alice realized the mistake she did

"Who said it was me who made it lousy? Unless Malfoy gave the play by play to Lestrange and she just finished telling you about it."

Ron had never been too crazy about Addie. Last year he might have been the first student in Hogwarts to speak to her but he quickly got scared of when he learned of her identity. After spending detention together, he learned she wasn't bad like he labelled her to be but his affection was short lived once she began publicly dating Malfoy. Unlike Harry and Hermione, he had grown up in the Wizarding world and had been told that families like the Malfoys and Lestranges were no good. If she could like someone as bad as him, how could Ron think that she's okay? Unlike his friends thought, her being in Gryffindor didn't change anything. The world wasn't separated between good and Slytherin, it was separated between good and Death Eaters. Malfoy was a Death Eater family and so were the Lestranges. Ron didn't care how old was Addie when her father was locked away. If her mother accepted to marry a Death Eater, her intentions were probably not pure.

"I'm going to ignore that one because you're obviously mad but-"

"I don't even know why you stay with him. He's such a git."

Addie would defend Draco every time that she could be she also knew how to pick her battles and this one she would lose after what her boyfriend just done. She just looked at Hermione and informed her she was going up to the dormitories.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's what I imagine Alice wearing.

I'm done with my semester! I've already got two of my final grades! 94% in Universe of the Arts and 91% in French!

So I'd love to thank
punkrockerballerina
Jinx Killjoy
MeilaKay

YOU GUYS ROCK :D Thanks so much for commenting, it's always great to hear from you (L)