‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

House Elf

Harry Potter caressed his snowy owl, resting on his arm. He was coming from Professor's Grubbly-Plank's office, which had kindly healed Hedwig when she was injured after being intercepted by, who the trio believed, Umbridge. He had been worried for Sirius Black, the boy's god-father and had to tell himself over and over again, that if Umbridge had really succeeded capturing him, it would have been all over the news. And yet the Daily Prophet had only been reporting what a big liar he is, without mentioning the last person whom he considered like family. As he was about the reach the Gryffindor Tower, he heard noises and understood he wasn't alone. He looked around but couldn't see anyone so he continued only to be caught off guard on the next corner. Not too far from him, he noticed a couple, their bodies not leaving a fraction of an inch between them, their cloaks, lying on the floor next to their feet, which indicated a lot of passion was exchanged between the two. Harry looked away and passed as quickly as he could, feeling very uncomfortable. For once, he regretted that he didn't take the normal way back to the common room since the Marauder's map showed him all the short cuts and got used to taking them. The last thing on his mind was that someone might use these deserted corridors to snog. Unfortunately he couldn't pass undetected. Eyes that were closed a moment ago opened, and grey eyes met emerald green. The contact only lasted for a second since Harry quickly turned around the corner and walked away. He had a problem to forget Malfoy's eyes glaring at him; he could almost see the smirk on his lips appear. Every time Harry would send Addie a glance and Malfoy would intercept it, he'd block his view or simply hold her tight to him and start kissing her. Harry sighed; he wished he could charm Cho like Malfoy had charmed Addie. He entered the common room debating if he should talk to Addie about Cho. She could obviously help him; she must have an idea about relationships, being so long in one. But the boy with the scar on his forehead remembered that she wasn't talked to him since their last fight. The common room was empty since it was pretty late but Harry still had to finish up the extra essay Snape gave him a couple of days ago. He was half way done when he heard the portrait moving and looked to see who it was, even if he had a good idea who that might be.

"You're still up?" Alice asked Harry, with a little surprise in her voice

The girl's black hair was a mess, Harry noted and her robes dusty from lying on the dirty floor. But that was barely noticeable compared to the smile on her face. She was so happy at the moment; she completely forgot that she was angry with Harry in the first place.

"I still need to finish this essay for tomorrow." He explained

"You want me to help?" Alice asked, catching Harry off guard. Help for Potions, where was the catch?

"Don't you rather go to sleep?"

"I'm not tired. I'm wide awake and full or energy." Draco ran through her mind and she giggled, missing him already. "I had a very fun night."

Alice had no idea that Harry had seen the couple make out and was under the impression she was vague enough for him to think that she had a girl's night with Rachelle like she had the last couple of nights.

"That makes one of us..." Harry mumbled.

The two continued doing Harry's essay, as Alice explained some stuff he didn't know and suggested some ideas. In the mean time, they talked and joked around, laughing sometimes so loud, they were scared not to wake the others up. Harry couldn't remember when was the last time he had so much fun while doing Potions homework, hell any homework. It was after midnight when Alice freed Harry since until then, she didn't find the drafts acceptable enough to be given in. She re-read it one last time before handing it to Harry.

"This is going to boost your mark." She assured him

"He's going to fail me thinking I let you or Hermione do my homework."

"It's true maybe you wrote that text a little bit too much like me. You want to rewrite it and change a couple of words and phrases."

"No!" Harry answered. He didn't want to re-write it again "I can't belief you write so many drafts for one essay!"

"Maybe it makes it more believably that I never got under an E for homework. At Beauxbatons you had to have drafts, you couldn't hand in your first version."

"Harry Potter!"

A small and very high pitched voice said, not giving the chance for Harry to remind the girl that she was not in Beauxbatons anymore. They both turned and saw a small house elf, surprisingly familiar to both of them.

"Dobby, what are you doing here?" Harry asked

"It's Dobby's turn to clean the Gryffindor Tower, sir! Dobby hoped to meet Harry Potter! Yes, he's most glad that Harry Potter is still not sleeping."

"Dobby..." Alice repeated staring at the house-elf.

"Is that young Miss Lestrange that Harry Potter is sitting with?" The elf asked, making the girl smile

"I don't understand how you're here at Hogwarts, Dobby? Aren't you supposed to be at the Malfoy Manor?" She asked, confused

"I set him free three years ago."

"You set him free, Harry?!" She repeated, in shock "Why the hell would you do that, he belonged to the Malfoys'!"

"They were mistreating him, Addie!" Harry said to defend himself

"They were not. He was being treated like a normal elf. Right Dobby?"

"Unfortunately sir, young Miss Lestrange is very right you see. Elves are treated the same everywhere. Dobby was no exception."

Alice started giggling unexpectedly, catching the boy's and elf's attention.

"I don't reckon there's anything funny about that." Harry said a little more coldly then he really meant to

"It's that it's just that... You weren't raised by wizards, weren't you?"

Harry and Alice never really spoke about their childhood. Harry only knew that the girl grew up with Malfoy but Alice had no idea about his background.

"No I didn't." He admitted

"Exactly. It just made me laugh because you reminded me so much about Hermione and her SPEW. That's all."

"So are you telling me you abused him too, like the rest of the Malfoys?" Harry asked, getting a little angry

"No, sir!" Dobby exclaimed "Young miss Lestrange had already treated Dobby nicely. Young miss Lestrange had never been mean to Dobby, never."

"Dobby was so adorable and nice. More than I can say for Acel; the Voltaire's house elf. Wouldn't take a damn order if it wasn't in French. Of course that was under my mother's orders but I still let out my frustration on him. But never Dobby, he always made sure I had everything I needed."

"Dobby had orders from Mrs Malfoy to serve young Miss Lestrange like if she was one of the Malfoys."

Alice smiled and didn't even bother to listen to the rest of the conversation between Harry and the house elf. Narcissa had ordered to treat her like a Malfoy, like if she was part of the family even as a little girl. Addie couldn't be any happier and took out the little heart in her pocket and kissed it. Alice knew the heart would keep shinning as long as Draco would see it so even if he is sleeping now, the heart would be the first thing he notices in the morning.

"You can't help me Dobby, but thanks for the offer." She finally heard Harry say. "Wait a moment." He added as the elf started walking away "There is something you can do for me. I need to find a place where twenty nine people can practice Defence Against the Dark Arts without being discovered by any of the teachers, especially not Umbridge."

Alice expected Dobby to tell them that it was impossible and by the looks of Harry's face, he was thinking around the same lines. But the elf started jumping with a huge smile.

"Dobby knows the perfect place, sir! It is known as the Room of Requirement!"

When Dobby finished explaining what the room was, Harry and Addie looked at each other, smiling and thinking the same thing: it was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shorty! I hope you still like it (:
If you do don't be shy to tell me and if you didn't I accept criticism!

Thanks to Jinx Killjoy and MeilaKay who commented on my last chapter :D