‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

Sortig Hat

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free, Potter. You better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it."

Draco was holding Alice's hand when he passed Potter quickly. Blaise smirked a little and Rachelle didn't hear what he said, she was too busy talking with Theodor Nott about Isabelle.

"You just stay away from me!" Potter replied as Weasley grabbed him from the back. Alice looked at her past friend sadly for a moment before continuing walking with Draco. She didn't even want to start imagining what they must be thinking about her.

"Can you not?" She said when they were besides the carriages. He looked at her but didn't say anything. "Please."

"Don't you find it hilarious he was so close to be expelled? If it wasn't for that useless old man he would have been."

Draco's father had lots of influence in the Ministry and was close to the Minister himself so he would always tell Draco and her in the mean time what was happening.

"But that was completely unnecessary. Wait until you're provoked. I'll even defend you if they come." She said with a voice as innocent as possible. Last thing she wanted was a fight.

"Just forget about it." He said instead and turned her so she'd face the castle. "Look, you're finally here."

"Yeah."

It was weird to dress in robes for the first time. Alice would certainly have to get use to the cloak and wearing it every day.

"You look beautiful." Draco continued hoping she'd forget him already and move on. He doubted Alice would appreciate his comments at the beginning but he hoped she'd ignore them soon enough like she started at the end of last year.

"Thanks handsome." Alice replied with a smile as she wrapped her arms around his neck to kiss him.

"Hey if you two don't stop you'll miss the carriages!" Blaise yelled at them.

They laced their fingers together and walked towards the rest of the group. Pansy Parkinston who joined them during the train ride was already sitting with Theo and Rachelle. Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle were waiting for the couple to mount just after Blaise did. Alice followed Draco and sat at the Slytherin table, a bit further than they did last year. The Headmaster was in the middle of his speech when a woman interrupted and started talking about progress.

"Why did Mad-Eye leave?" Alice couldn't believe the boys had a fifth teacher in five years. Was the post cursed or something?

"He was a lunatic." Draco explained but nobody really knew. "My father told me she's the teacher we have to suck up to."

"Why?"

"She works for the Ministry."

"Yeah well that will maybe work for you won't it, since your father is so important." Alice said with a hint of fury. He was after all also a Death Eater yet unlike her father he didn't admit to it. "She'll read my name of the list and send me straight to Azkaban." For the first time, Addie wished she had kept her mother's name.

"Calm down Alice. As long as you don't provoke her she won't come after you. Just... just do what she says."

Alice started eating her meal without saying another word. She knew she would miss some of her favourite French meals now that the Beauxbatons girls were gone, Hogwarts had stopped serving them. She glanced at Rachelle who was talking and laughing with her boyfriend. Alice wondered if they ever had fights, she never saw them mad or annoyed at each other.

"You know where Dumbledore's office is, right?" She had refused help from a teacher because she was convinced Draco would lead her there.

"Yeah. So-so, my father told me in what part and what level. A gargoyle with wings can't be so hard to find." He said a little disinterested by her stress.

"Draco..." She whined a little to get his attention. When he looked at her she smiled faintly at him "I love you."

"So do I." He responded. He put his hand on Alice's cheek and brought her head closer to his before kissing her.

She relaxed feeling the hostility between them fade. She didn't want them to bicker just because she was feeling stressed. Rachelle was in the same position as her yet she didn't look worried. She seemed more excited than anything else. Once they finished eating, Draco and Blaise walked their girlfriends to where the blond thought was Dumbledore's office. He was right since they met McGonagall near a huge gargoyle.

"Ready, girls?" For a response, the girls nodded " Fizzing Whizbee "

The gargoyle started moving up and a staircase appeared. Addie and Rachelle were instructed to go up. After one last glance to their boyfriend's they followed their new teacher to meet the Headmaster and get sorted. The room was decorated with numerous paintings of older men and some rare women. Alice was quick to notice a bird, a phoenix if she wasn't mistaking and a desk besides it, in the middle of the room. In front a wooden stool with a hat on it. She recognized three professors from last year, one of them Snape, a teacher Alice liked a lot.

"Good evening Misses White and Lestrange. Welcome to Hogwarts. It is with sincere joy I greet you into our homes." The girls smiled shyly, thanking him. "I imagined you didn't want to be sorted with the first years. I knew you'd have no problems finding a table to eat. Now we will begin the sorting. But before, you remember Professors Sprout, Flitwick, Snape and McGonagall, Heads of houses. You know the traits of every house, don't you girls?"

"The basics." Rachelle said, quietly

"Gryffindor values courage, chivalry and loyalty. You'll get sorted to Hufflepuff if you work hard, you're patient, a good friend and if you play fair. Ravenclaw traits are intelligence, knowledge and wit. Slytherin students value ambition, cunningness and resourcefulness" Dumbledore explained.

"Now if you may, Miss White." McGonagall said, picking the hat and indicating Rachelle to sit on the stool.

Alice looked at her friend who walked in front of the teachers and sat to face the witch with the black locks. Addie noticed the hat mumbling something. Rachelle smiled and nodded times to times. After a few seconds, the hat made its decision.

" Ravenclaw! "

None of the professors clapped louder than the short Flitwick. She smiled to him and stood next to her Head of house. Rachelle gave a small smile to Alice.

"Miss Lestrange." McGonagall said to invite the second girl

It was with a heavy heart Addie walked up to the stool. She and Rachelle wouldn't be in Slytherin together like they had hoped so much. She won't be with Blaise like he wished so much. When she felt the hat being placed on her head, Alice felt her heart pounding. What if she would be placed in a different house than she wanted to?

" A Lestrange? That is weird, weird indeed. I never thought I'd have to sort another one of you. Yes I remember the three last. Dark, dark minds... So different than yours, yes. I see you want to be put in Slytherin. "

"I want to be put in Slytherin." She murmured, hoping the others wouldn't hear her. "Or Ravenclaw."

" Slytherin would be a good match. He did want to gather all the pure-bloods and your blood is practically blue from its purity. So rare these days. "

"Please Slytherin."

" But no matter. You're values resemble more of a Gryffindor! "
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you guys think about it? Shocked, happy, sad or had expected it? Comment and tell me, I'll be more than happy to hear!

I wanna thank for those who commented and subscribed! Here goes the second serie and it's not going to be anythng like Diffrent Letters. Hope you like it even more :D

THANKS FOR READING (L)