‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

Life Changes

There was a rather cheerful mood at the Gryffindor table where Alice was sitting right before they would receive news that would shake the wizarding world. Nothing could have prepared Alice for this. Alice woke up early, which was unusual but not alarming. She was unsettled by her dream, waking up to a fast beating heart. She couldn't remember it the moment she stepped out of bed which frustrated her. The only reminder of how intense it was was the sweat on her forehead. With the help of her hand, she straightened her hair which she cut during the Christmas break. It wasn't as short as she wanted but after Draco told her how much he loved it long, she did him a small favour and kept it lengthy. The girl left the common room and once she reached the Great Hall, she sat with her housemates since her blond boyfriend wasn't at the Slytherin table. They all seemed agitated and kept looking up, waiting for something to arrive.

"How was remedial potions Harry?" Alice asked

"Bad." He responded "Didn't get anything done."

"I've helped you before and you seemed to understand everything. I'm starting to think you get stressed out by Professor Snape."

"Good thing he won't be there during OWLs then." Harry responded in a tone that didn't invite a conversation. Alice started eating, waiting for Draco, Hayley or Rachelle to arrive until she spotted a familiar object near Hermione.

"Who's this?" She asked grabbing the crystal cone but no one around them responded "I always wanted to try one! Do you think it's a good one?"

"What is that?" Harry asked, hoping for a distraction from what news was waiting for him in the Daily Prophet.

"A Postremo! It tells you how many children you're going to have and their gender."

"Do you really believe in it Addie?" Hermione asked, discouraged by the pure-blood naiveté.

"It almost worked for my mum." Ron joined the conversation "It said she was going to have five boys and a daughter. Six boys and a daughter is close enough, no?"

"My mother thought it was s foolish game so she never got me one. I remember Narcissa promising me she'd get me one when I'd turn seventeen." Alice giggled "She told me it didn't work for her because it told her but it was accurate for her husband. It did work for her sister though since it predicted she wasn't going to have any children..." Alice paused for a moment, thinking of her aunt, uncle and father in Azkaban before looking at her friends. "The real Postremos are enlaced with a strong Divination spell and work but they are so rare and now that there is so much fake ones, it's hard to find real ones."

"Since this one is lying around, I thought it's a real one. Probably a joke Christmas present." Ron said

"I don't care; it's still fun to cry out! You first Hermione!"

Hermione, who was skeptical when it came to anything related to Divination, thought that this was ridiculous but gave the object a spin to calm her friend down since she was overly excited. It spun for a good minute before stopping. Both witched looked at the result.

"Girl – Boy." Alice said before observing the brunette's reaction

"Ordinary." She said surprising herself by thinking why couldn't it include the father's name "Now you go."

Alice took a breath. This moment, the moment she been waiting for since she was a little girl, meant something different for her. Deep down she knew this one might be a fake but she heard a lot of cases that it had predicted the truth. It was her first glimpse into the future. That is if she ignored the name Marie-Adelaide Malfoy etched in gold at the Voltaire's. She finally gave it a spin. It took three minutes for the toy to start slowing down before it stopped.
"Boy – Boy – Girl. I'm going to have a girl!" She exclaimed with such joy that Hermione didn't have it in her heart to remind her just how rubbish this game is. "Well go on, try it!" She told the boys.

Ron gave in before Harry, a little bit curious. This game was a lot more attractive to women then it was for men but since the object was right there... why shouldn't he try it?"

"That was quick." He said after it stopped after ten seconds. "Girl – Boy."

"Just like Hermione!" Alice exclaimed, making Harry smile. Hermione hoped she wasn't red and Ron shifted in his seat. "Go on Harry spin it."

It spun for a good minute and once the toy stopped Harry found himself in a similar position as Ron.

"Boy – Boy – Girl." He simply said

"Hum." Alice let out perplexed. "So I see two explanations. Or we're going to marry each other or this Postremos is enchanted to match boys and girls results.

"The second one." Ron and Hermione both muttered under their breaths unable to look at each other even if only minutes ago Hermione thought this whole thing was rubbish.

"You never know." She said with a wink to Harry. "Who's is this, I want to borrow it so Draco can try."

But just then, owls started to fill the sky and in seconds a small grey owl brought the Daily Prophet to Hermione. They boys started joking about their future kids, talking which Quidditch position should they play. Addie was about to tell Harry that if they would end up marrying their baby girl had to be a Beater when Hermione screamed and spread the paper across the table. Ten portraits were moving and the huge headline read MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN. Alice looked down and her eyes darted to one portrait like magnets. Addie stopped breathing for a moment and stared at the man that was looking back at her. He didn't look angry, crazy and wasn't debating from his chains. He looked sad and calm and she wondered whenever he thought about his daughter when this picture was taken.

"Daddy..." The girl murmured. She didn't remember ever referring to her father that way but the world slipped out. It was as if, seeing her father for the first time made memories she couldn't remember resurface, felt things she never felt before. The trio looked at her, uncertain how to react. "They are right. I look like him."

She had his black wavy hair, his pale complexion, his nose, and jaw line. Alice knew he had green eyes because it was a family trait. Even thought she carried his name for most of her life, she never felt as much as his daughter as she did now. She knew the tears coming, she could feel them. Her father was free. She glanced at the entrance and saw a group of Slytherin walking in, including Draco. She got up and ran to him, hugging him tightly. The blond felt her tears and wondered what was wrong.

"He's free." She whispered. "He looks like me. I look like him." Draco didn't understand much of the situation but he did get this much: her father escaped. He pulled her away to ask her why was she crying but found a bright smile. Those were tears of joy. "I saw him."

She kissed him out of happiness, not carrying what the rest of students were going to think once news was going to spread, ignoring that under his picture the caption read: convicted of the torture and permanent incapacitation of Frank and Alice Longbottom.
♠ ♠ ♠
No it's not your imagination I really am back! I apologize so so soooo much! And I really don't know if anyone is reading this but if you are I am sorry and I hoped you guys liked it! I wanted this one to be longer but I figured the quicker the better. My writing is a little rusty and I hope in a couple of chapters I'll be back to my old self.

I love you guys so much (I know I have a really bad way of showing it!) and thank you. I hope (even if I don't deserve it) you guys will stick with me to the end!