‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

New Gryffindor

McGonagall's face seemed delighted when she heard the hat's choice completely, in contrast with Marie-Adelaide's. She stayed seated, in shock, even after the Sorting hat had been removed from her head. She was a pure-blood who should be in Slytherin. She had the characteristics, so why wasn't she sorted in Slytherin?

"Come on dear..." McGonagall tried to wake her girl from her trance but it was only Rachelle who succeeded.

"Let's go, Alice. Blaise and Draco are waiting."

Oh bloody hell, Draco. He was not going to think this was funny. His girlfriend placed in the house he loathed, the same house as Potter. As if they didn't have enough problems, their relationship wasn't deep like Rachelle and Blaise's would actually had a chance for surviving outer-house bond. He loves me, he's not as shallow as Potter, he won't leave me just because I'm in Gryffindor. We're better than that... Alice kept thinking as she walked from the stool to Rachelle. The blond smiled weakly to her, as she tried to encourage her friend who got really pale all of a sudden.

"Do I look like a Gryffindor?!" Alice yelled, all of a sudden, shocking Rachelle and the five adults present in the room. "My father tortured two Aurors too insanity and the hat puts me in Gryffindor? I'm starting to think Hufflepuff would be less pathetic!"

McGonagall and Sprout exchanged looks wondering if one of them should say anything. Snape on the other hand didn't hide his evil smirk, petted Alice on the back and left the office, pleased.

"The hat has its reason..." Dumbledore started explaining

"To hell with the hat..." Addie mumbled, not sure if anyone could hear her before storming out.

She stopped in front of the stairs, thinking how the hell she was going to announce the news to Draco. Rachelle followed her, worried.

"Alice, I know this isn't how you pictured it but..."

"I don't want to hear about it. Just go and bring Blaise somewhere. I want to talk to Draco alone."

"Flitwick already gave me the password and location of the Ravenclaw common room. Maybe you'll tell me the Gryffindor one and we'll spend some time in each other common rooms." Rachelle said as she descended the first two steps but Addie kept quiet. "It doesn't have to be a tragedy Alice." She said before disappearing in the stair case.

Alice counted the time it would take her to get downstairs, explain to Draco that his girlfriend was coming down soon, tell them both she was sorted to Ravenclaw, explain that Alice would want to tell her house to Draco herself and drag Blaise far enough before she came down. Her calculation proved to be correct since she found the blond wizard alone.

"You don't have a crest yet?" He asked with a smile when he saw the robe still blank. "You want one of mine?"

"Draco..."

"What? I mean Rachelle said you'd give me the good news yourself."

"Are you sure she said good ?"

"She didn't have to." He said as they heard the gargoyle move. McGonagall appeared and Draco understood. "Alice, no..."

"I don't understand. The hat talked to me and..." She began, her eyes glistening

"He talked to you? I was sorted to Slytherin before that dirty piece of tissue even touched my head." He stopped when he realized that her eyes was now watering

"It told me I can be in Slytherin but should be in Gryffindor. I wanted to; I really wanted to be with you..." She said, tears rolling as she wrapped her arms around his torso and cried to his chest.

Draco rolled his eyes, annoyed he was giving her this much trouble in front of a teacher. He thanked god that Snape left minutes ago or he would've probably received a comment. He tapped her back trying to comfort the girl he cared about. It was just when she detached herself from him; he saw the wet eyes and tears all over her cheeks that his heart pinched. One thing he couldn't stand was seeing her in pain. Annoyance faded and he completely forgot about the professor. All he wanted was his girl to smile.

"Alice, Alice, look at me." He said, forcing her gently to stare at him. "I don't care, okay? I told you this before. Don't be sad."

"I'm not sad I'm disappointed."

"It's not ideal but look at the bright side. We must be the first ever Slytherin-Gryffindor couple." He had to do an inhumane effort to keep a smile when he said that. He felt more punished then her by the fact she was sent to the enemy's house

"Really?"

"In a couple of minutes it will be past bed-time. Mr Malfoy I suggest you start your way to the Slytherin common room." McGonagall interrupted them "I'll escort Miss Lestrange to her dormitory."

"I'll see you tomorrow at breakfast." He said, without even acknowledging his teacher. As a response she nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too." After one last kiss, he disappeared into a different hall.

The walk to the common room was quiet. Alice looked around trying to figure out points to make the road easier to remember. The professor stopped in front of a portrait of a fat lady.

"Password?" The painting asked

But Alice's teacher ignored her and turned to the new Gryffindor.

"Before I let you go and install yourself, I want to make something perfectly clear. Even if you are in some kind of romantic relationship with Draco Malfoy, I don't want you to invite him into this common room."

"Why? Draco told me last year that it's rare but it's not forbidden." Alice asked defensively
"That may be true but... Slytherins and Gryffindors don't get along. The common room is a place of peace and a symbol of house unity. I'm asking you to not bring any fight in there."

After she mumbled the password and the portrait swung open. Alice entered alone, her heart pounding. When she entered the common room she found that it wasn't anything like McGonagall promised. Where was the peace and house unity, Alice thought as she watched the ending of a fight between Potter and one of his housemates. It took a short second before nobody was listening to Harry Potter and Seamus Finnigan fight, even those two stopped to stare at the new-comer. The erupting whispers made Alice feel worse that she just did a moment ago.

"McGonagall told me that there was a dormitory with only four girls in their fifth year. Can I know who you are?" Four girls, including Hermione Granger raised their hands. Alice avoid hers and looked at her roommate. "Can you please show me which one is it?"

Her new roommate showed her to their room. Alice found all her stuff already there. She looked at her robes and the Gryffindor crest already attached to them. She took at look at a chair besides her bed and found a red and gold scarf. She sighed thinking how much she waited to get her hands on the green one... She'd just steal it from Draco again. Feeling extremely lonely, she decided to go to bed. Before changing to her PJs, she made sure she didn't have anything in her pockets. The only thing Alice found was the little heart Draco gave her for her birthday. She sat on the bed thinking how much she was missing him already. To her surprise, the little heart started shinning in a bright pink light, illuminating the dark room.

"Draco..." She whispered to herself happily.

Draco had a replica of the heart. Whenever one would light up, it meant the other heart was kissed. As she watched the heart shine, she knew it was because he kissed his, thinking of her.

"I love you."

When it stopped emitting light, she kissed hers too. At that moment she knew where ever he was, he would know too that she was thinking about him. She went to bed, a million times happier than she had been a minute ago. When she was falling asleep, it hit her; Draco Malfoy would love her just the same as he did before she got sorted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Please?