‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

Starry Night

Marie-Adelaide was standing in front of the doors leading to the Astronomy's Tower courtyard, late after curfew and yet she felt completely confident that she was safe. After all she was completely invisible and had a map, a wonderful magical map which indicated who was where. Right now, no one was anywhere nearby except for Draco Malfoy who was patiently waiting in the courtyard. So far it didn't seem like he placed any traps against her but she could still not figure out for the life of her why he wanted to meet her here, so far away from her common room, so late at night. Checking one last time that there was no one around her, she took off Harry's invisibility cloak and tapped her wand against the map, whispering mischief managed and right after nox. She hid both items, who were quite precious to Harry, in her bag and opened the door. She walked quickly towards her boyfriend who smiled when he saw her coming.

"So is this the part when you tell me what's going on?" She asked with a grin after he gave her a peck on the lips

"Yes" He responded taking her hands. "Early during the year, while doing an assignment for Astronomy, I noticed that there would be a shower of stars and I thought it would be a nice surprise for you so I marked down the date. Of course this all would have been useless if there were classes but lucky for us, no year has some. But with our recent.. well fights, I thought I should just forget about it. I talked to Blaise about it and it seemed he had some good insights. He told me that I should be aiming to duplicate our relationship like it was back then and not how it is now, that is if I'm still willing to work on this which I am."

"Draco..." Alice wasn't sure what to respond. This was quite reminiscent of how her boyfriend used to behave, being all romantic and sweet. She had missed this part of the relationship. But she had been also a factor of why it was different now. "Draco, I love you, thank you."

She leaned into him and kissed him. She broke the kiss pretty quickly but didn't back off, she put her arms around him and hid her face in his neck, so thankful to be so close to him. It had been so long since he had his arms around her, so long since he held her just because.

"Come let's go upstairs."

They climbed the stairs in a comfortable silence, holding hands. Once they reached the top she was thankful that Draco told her to bring her robe as it was a lot more chilly on top of the highest tower in Hogwarts. Luckily her boyfriend came even more prepared. He had brought pillows on which they sat on and a blanket which they shared as they cuddled together.

"Thank you for this." She said as she looked at the stars. There was no place better than to gaze at the sky than here.

"I'm glad you like it." He said and after a pause he added. "It's weird because you've been here all along but I've missed you."

"It's weird how at the beginning of the year we'd be with each other nonstop that we actually had to

She thought how they used to be in September, always glued to each other. It was odd how much has changed in so little time. She still loved Draco, maybe even more, and yet sometimes she wondered whenever that was a good thing. Even if it meant that she got to spend less time with her boyfriend, she loved the way she fit in with her new friends, the way they all accepted her despite her background and her surroundings. But her worlds were clashing more than ever. She wanted to be with Draco just as much as she wanted to be friends with Harry and the others. She promised Draco that she would always put him first and she intended to keep that promise even though it scared her. She hated how the wizarding world was treating her friend calling him a liar and even worst. She wanted to much to speak up and support him but how could she? She'd have to admit that Draco's father is a Death Eater, condemn his family and put Narcissa through hell. So she had to keep silent about everything. She had to pretend to be ignorant to Harry and even to Hayley. And while she was in the Malfoy's and other Death Eaters' company she had to pretend to be glad that the Dark Lord was rising. Alice had been ecstatic when her father broke free. But it took her weeks to fully grasp the meaning of this. Even though he visited her once in her dream he didn't escape Azkaban to be a father to Alice. No, he was helped out so he could serve his Master, the same Master that Draco's father serves. And as their children, they were excepted to be loyal to the Dark Lord. And yet the last thing Alice wanted was for him to rise again. Because when he would she would have to definitely pick a side. And how could she even think about turning her back on her family and Draco? And if she was honest with herself, she didn't want the Dark Lord to prevail.

"Draco... Do you remember last year, at Cedric's funeral we learned that the Dark Lord was back... After that you promised me we wouldn't get involved. We'd just be children of Death Eaters and nothing more."

"Yeah?" Draco answered.

"Do you still intend to keep that promise?"

Draco didn't respond right away. He remembered how shaken up the girl was after the funeral. He had said that mostly to calm her. But the blond never really felt the need to become a Death Eater. He supported the Dark Lord's ideals, his family's beliefs but to take the Dark Mark and serve just as their fathers did?

"Yes of course I do. Besides what would the Dark Lord want with us fifteen year olds?" He responded hopefully reassuring the girl

"But what if he's still around in five years or longer? Would you join him eventually?"

"What are you getting on? 'What if?' Alice he is going to win this time. This will all be over soon enough, before we can do anything. He will get rid of the wizarding world of mudbloods and blood traitors and we will live peacefully. That's still what you want right?" She thought of Hermione and Ron and she said nothing. "I mean this friendship with Potter and Granger is just temporary isn't it?"

Alice remembered the first time she heard the term mudblood. Lucius had told them that's what we call those with muggle parents, fake wizards that have no business learning magic. She grew up believing that was the proper term to call Muggleborns until a scandalized Rachelle told her otherwise. She was familiar with the surname Weasley years before meeting Ron. She grew up knowing that if she ever crossed a dirty redhead with shabby robes that he was to be avoided and treated as dirt. And yet when she first met Ron, Alice didn't think he looked dirty but friendly. And if Hermione had no business being a witch how come she excelled so much at magic?

"Look it's starting!" Draco exclaimed. It seemed like he didn't need an answer as it was obvious to him. Alice wasn't seriously friends with them. She was spending so much time with them in the common room she couldn't see the big picture. Once the Dark Lord would rise for real, she would come to the right side besides him.

They both stayed silent as the stars danced around the night. Alice laced her fingers with her boyfriend's. As she gazed at the sky she tried to remember every detail of this moment. If she had a pensive, she would treasure this moment. It was so perfect she wished she could relive it every day. She tried to concentrate hard on the sky and her boyfriend besides her, desperately tying to repress the feeling that her relationship, no matter how much she was willing to fight for, seemed to have an expiration date.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's fillerish and short but next one has stuff happening I swear!

Anyhow thank you so much for reading I hope you enjoyed it!