‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

Solid Frienships

Marie Adelaide walked quickly through the familiar hallway leading to the Room of Requirement. She felt like a huge load was off her shoulders now that Hayley was besides her, smiling and talking to her once again. Addie filled her in what they were doing so far, whispering, so they wouldn't attract too much unwanted attention.

"I can't believe you kept this from me for months!" Hayley said with a hint of reproach in her voice.

"I'm really sorry that I did." Alice responded, feeling incredible guilty.

"Well at least I'm here now." The redhead smiled at her friend. Hayley had already told Alice off a few days ago and the girl had apologized. She didn't want to make her feel even more bad, she believed her friend when she said she regrets it.

When they finally reached the seventh floor corridor with the empty wall, Hayley stepped back as Alice ran back and forth, murmuring a plea <i> Show me the DA's meeting </i> until a door appeared.

"Are you ready?" Alice asked, not sure whenever the question was for her friend or herself. When Hayley nodded, the black haired witch gathered all the courage she had and opened the door. Everyone was practicing something, definitely not patronuses, with their partners and Alice quickly spotted Neville with Dean and Seamus, who was new to the group. She sought out Harry but couldn't locate him. It was Hermione who first spotted the new arrivals.

"Addie!" She exclaimed, looking surprised to see her. It seemed like she was about to hug her housemate when her glance shifted to the girl besides her. "With Hayley here..."

"Let me explain." Alice started but was interrupted.

"Addie explained what this group is about. And I agree with you guys. I despise Umbridge and her methods of teaching and lying... I don't believe the ministry is telling us the truth and their treatment of Potter is unfounded and unfair. I also understand if you won't accept me into the group. I never gave you any reasons to trust me. I just wanted to tell Potter that I believe him and I'm on his side, no matter what you decide."

Hermione stared at her classmate completely speechless. They had shared a dormitory for nearly five years now and this was the longest Hayley had ever spoken to her. The redhead had never bonded with her fellow Gryffindors, never bothered to talk with them. And it wasn't because they didn't want to. Hermione, Lavender and Pavarti all tried to be her friend in their first year but Hayley had wanted none of it. By the time Hayley smarten up it had been too late, the Gryffindors had perfect the art of ignoring her.

"I'll get Harry" Hermione responded but it wasn't necessary because the leader of the DA was headed their way.

"Addie?" He asked as surprised as Hermione to see their now former friend. Alice felt her heart squeeze. She hadn't talked to him all week, had barely even seen him. When he finally reached them, she couldn't help but to hug him, a hug he quickly reciprocated.

"We need to talk" Alice stated the obvious once they separated "But first... I brought a friend." She said gesturing Hayley.

Hayley explained herself, starting with her frustrations with Umbridge as a teacher, her mute support towards Harry every time he faced off with her, which led her to question everything the ministry was saying about him.

"I believe you that You-Know-Who is back."

"Thank you" Harry responded as both Gryffindors shock hands. He asked Hermione to get Hayley up to speed and show her spells she might not now. We're doing the Confundus charm today." He informed them.

"I thought we'd be doing the Patronus Charm." Alice asked confused as Hayley left with Hermione

"Last minute change" Harry answered with a small smile, looking down at his feet. "We had to postpone it to next class. Want to head to the back and clear things out?"

"Yes, I'd love that."

The duo found a practice cushion ad sat down. Harry gave the room a glance, making sure he wasn't needed elsewhere before looking at his friend.

"So." He finally said looking her straight in the eyes.

"So" She repeated with a little smile "You managed to really piss off my boyfriend. I trust Holly told you why I had to pick his side."

"And yet here you are." Harry observed. "Which brings me to doubt how strongly you believe in his side."

"I don't" Alice answered truthfully. "But if my mother thought me anything it's keeping up appearances."

"Lucius Malfoy is a Death Eater."

"Yes." There was no point of denying this to Harry anymore.

"And yet you're loyal to him?"

"I'm loyal to Draco and Narcissa. When it comes to Mr Malfoy, I... It's more like gratefulness than loyalty. He welcomed me to his family, let me stay in his house for months at a time, never asking for anything in return... But that's not the reason I'm staying by Draco's side. He is surrounded by so much darkness. I can tell his mother is worried, she was so uneasy every time there was discussion about the Death Eaters that came up with us around... And I'm also worried that he will be tempted by the Dark Arts, I mean he always has been. I should know, so was I at one point... I made him swear that he wouldn't get involved with anything that has to do with the Dark Lord. I made him promise that all we will ever be is children of Death Eaters, nothing more. And I intend for him to keep that promise. I would do anything to make sure he's not involved. And I can only do that if I'm standing by him."

"And yet you're still here."

"This has been my safe heaven since we started the group." Alice smiled, looking around. "A reminder that there's more to whatever drama Draco has me involved in. A reason not to hit Umbridge in the face with that stupid textbook of hers as she coddles Draco on another brilliant essay which I helped in the first place. And I don't want it to end. But I'll understand if you don't want me here because it's too weird. I did pick the side against you. So I won't blame you if you never want to speak to me again. But keep Hayley, please. I know she's got connections to the Slytherins but she won't betray you."

"Addie..." Harry finally responded "If we only get to see and talk to each other once every few days, do you really think I'd send you away. You've always been welcomed here."

Touched Alice smiled widely and hugged her friend.

"Thank you Harry. I missed you" She whispered into his ear, relieved he still cared for her
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter was supposed to be a lot longer. This is only the first half. I wrote down the second half on paper at school but with my never ending school projects it's talking me forever to rewrite it on my computer. But get excited guys you'll either hate or love the next few ones!

Thank you for all those who read and thank you JustThinking for the lovely comment :D

Love you guys to death