‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

First Day

Before the rest of Alice's roommates even opened their eyes, the young girl had already left the common room. Around the corner, she looked around trying to find her way in this unfamiliar part of the castle. She was still glad that she was taking her time to find her way. Alice was conscious it was early; the common room and halls were completely deserted. The thought of going to Slytherin's common room did cross her mind but she decided against it. She didn't know the new password and the last thing she wanted was to wait at the entrance like an obsessive and submissive girlfriend. She debated with herself if she was even allowed in the common room at this point. Draco was maybe not allowed in hers but she was a Slytherin at heart so it pained her to know that she wouldn't be in the same room her father spend his time long ago. How that stupid hat could put her in Slytherin, she kept thinking. She some thinking, she thought that waiting by the door of the Great Hall, near the stairs. There were only a handful of early students and two teachers when she arrived. Alice lost count how long she waited but not less than half of the school stared at the lion on her chest before her boyfriend appeared with the rest of his Slytherin friends.

"What took you so long?" She asked him as soon as he walked to her at the entrance. "I've been waiting for an hour."

"Good morning to you too." He said in a displeased voice "How was I supposed to know you'd be this early. And you had to wait for me, you can't sit down alone?"

"I'm not sure if I'm allowed at the Slytherin table without you." She said as calmly as possible. She noticed she already aggravated him by her tone.

"And eating at the Gryffindor table...?"

"Was out of the question."

Draco smirked as he entered the Great Hall with her. Alice ignored the look McGonagall gave her and sat with the Slytherins. The professor didn't want the new Gryffindor to disregard her housemates and hang out with Slytherins. She promised herself she'd talk to the young witch later.

"How was it last night?" Draco finally asked when they were halfway done breakfast

"Horrible. I don't want to be..." She sighed, taking all of her complains in her sentence. "It's going to be hard making new friends."

"You have me." Draco said, kissing the side of her head. "I'm going to be in all of your classes so don't you worry about a thing." Alice thought it was distracting how fast he changed moods but she wasn't complaining about it now.

"Thanks. At least I'll get my work done with all the alone time I'll have in the common room."

"But you'll invite me in sometimes, won't you?" The evil smirk was more than obvious on his face. Alice's heart ached at the thought he was more exited to invade the Gryffindor's private room than to spend time with her.

"I'm not allowed. McGonagall forbid me too. But who cares if you can't come to my common room, right? Isn't it better to spend some time in your common room?"

"Well I think it's sort of unfair. If I can't come to yours then I think you shouldn't be allowed in mine either."

"But that's-" Alice started but was cut by Draco

"We'll hang out other places. I'll always be there when you need me." He took out his pink little heart "Just give me a call. You're never going to be alone."

If Alice had been angered by his decision of not letting her enter the Slytherin common room, she calmed down when he finished his last sentence even if he said it in a low whisper.

"I love you." She responded

They walked to their History of Magic class, prepared to be bored to death. While Mr. Binns, the only teacher here that was a ghost talked about giants and their wars, Alice and Draco kept whispering to each other and playing around. She had to hold in a huge giggle when her boyfriend started tickling her sides but instantly calmed down when the dead one gave her a glare, suspecting those two didn't have giant wars in their heads. Alice on the other hand was overjoyed to have her fun Draco back. They walked to their Potions class, holding hands and creating a weird view for their classmates. They had been used to seeing a Beauxbatons girl in Draco Malfoy's arms not a Gryffindor.

"I bet they won't make it through the week." Ronald Weasley said as he sat down with his best friends in the back of the class. The trio watched their once friend smile to their nemesis while sitting in front on the class.

"I won't bet because I think it's wrong and low to wish someone's relationship to end..." Hermione Granger intervened "But knowing Malfoy, he won't dump her just yet. His reason will be too obvious. He'll drive her insane and she'll be the one who's going to end it."

Harry Potter just stayed quiet. He had been right all along. Alice had accused him of not
knowing anything about her. In the end he was the one who predicted that she was too good to be placed in Slytherin. He was wondering if he should talk to her next time they'll be in the common room. Alice tried to forget about her boyfriend who was sitting just besides her, distracting her just by looking so concentrated on his potion. On three times she asked Snape for advice. It was one of Alice's tricks to get almost perfect grades. She was very aware the more questions she'd ask, the more teachers would know she's committed to learn. Near the end of class, she was all done. Alice was aware the potion was not perfect but Snape gave her a satisfied nod and she knee she'd get a grade boost for her effort and participation. She was going over the procedures to figure out her little mistake when the whole class silenced and looked in the back.

"This should be good." Alice heard Draco say with a smirk

Snape was yelling at Potter for screwing up his potion and most of the Slytherins were trying not to burst out laughing. The others already have. When the double class was over, Alice versed her potion in a flagon and wrote down the homework. Before Divination, Alice and Draco stopped by the Great Hall and got some lunch. As soon as she entered the hall, a blond came running at her. Alice was disoriented at first by the eagle on her chest since she got used to seeing her with a Slytherin crest last year.

"Hey!" She greeted them. "We have next class together!"

Alice, Draco, Rachelle and Blaise all finished lunch and walked to the North Tower where their class was going to be held. They sat four at one table the girls besides their boyfriends and facing each other. The bubbly blond kept talking about last night after Blaise dropped her off near the Ravenclaw tower. Draco looked at the couple facing him with a little sting of jealousy. Why couldn't it be Alice who got send to Ravenclaw and not Rachelle? It would have been so much easier on his ego. But she was too precious to him to give her up for the sake of house rivalry.

"Lucky you. Alice won't even tell me where her common room is." Draco murmured, annoying Alice to no end

"Didn't I tell you it's the professor McGonagall who doesn’t? Let's face it you wouldn't be able to step there and remain polite for more than two minutes!"

"You can just hang out in our..." Blaise suggested hoping that the couple wouldn't start fighting.

"No I can't because blondie doesn’t want me too."

"I'll exchange our code for yours."

"My housemates already hate me; they don't need to despise me."

"Who could ever hate such a sweet person like you?" Draco's soft voice calmed her fury momentarly

"Well there are people that hate you so if I can like you well that makes me an evil witch."

"That's ridiculous."

"I quote, if you can't see the bad in him, you can't be all that good."

Those words hurt her and hunted her for months. Alice sometimes wondered if she was ever going to forget them. Every time Draco did something sweet during the summer she'd think about them and thought how anyone could actually see something bad in him. But she knew he had a cruel sense of humour and wondered if she let that pass, did that make her bad as well.

"Who's the bastard that dared talked to you that way?" Draco practically yelled. In his eyes, Alice was beyond everyone and just picturing someone put her down like that angered him.

"Draco, it was a long time ago, it's not important."

"Yes it is. Was it Potter?" He asked with venom, already imagining what he was going to do with him

"No it wasn't. And it was a long time ago..."

"I don't care. It couldn't have been years ago and I would still want to-"

"That's why I won't tell you! I don't want you to get in trouble Draco! I read the rules and if you hurt him you'll... well you know. And I don't want to lose you."

"Fine, I won't hurt that son of a... I promise." Alice looked at Ron, sitting with Harry, actually doing the work they were supposed to be doing "Weasley?" Alice nodded "Wait until I get my hands on him..."

"Draco!"

"Fine, I promised. But if he ever insults you again..."

"I'll come to you. Thanks for being so protective of me."

"You know I'd kill for you." He said kissing a very happy Alice
♠ ♠ ♠
Cegep, better knows to you guys as college kills :(
Sorry guys for being so slow but I need to be in the top 25 of my program to get myself on the Honour Roll which will boost my chance to get accepted to an elite program in McGill. Not easy :(

But I'm always thinking about Alice and Draco and it pains me so much not to write about them all the time!

So thanks for reading :D