‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

Other Side

For the first time since she was sorted, Alice ate at the Gryffindor table. She avoided any eye contact with her beau, wondering who should come forth with the apology. She had yesterday demonstrated that when it came down, she too could hurt people instead of settling the problem peacefully. She took a quick glance at her boyfriend's table but he was sitting back to her so he wouldn't know she wanted to put the fight behind. Only a couple of people separated Harry with the black hair girl as he looked at her times to times. Last time it seemed she sat at their table was the night she arrived for the tournament last year. Even if she didn't spoke a word to Draco, she seemed that all of her classes were the same: the teachers bored her for one or two hours, depending if the class was a double or not and then they'd give them loads of homework. Three days and she hated her routine already. So she accepted to be dragged by Hayley to meet her cousins and friends from other houses since she pretty much realized that she wasn't going to make loads of friends in Gryffindor.
"Kayla, here's my new friend Alice Lestrange." So it had been decided that Draco's nickname would be used for the new group of friends too, Alice thought, a little sad. It was hard to hear anyone call her Alice since it just reminded her that she haven't spoken to Draco all day.

"You brought the Beauxbatons from your house, Funny, I did the same."

Alice looked and saw Rachelle talking to some girls in her house, new friends that Addie had seen her with during the day. As soon as the half French blond heard Beauxbaton she turned and saw Marie-Adelaide.

"Alice!" She exclaimed walking up to her and hugging the black hair witch "I was looking for you all day. How come you weren't with the Slytherins?" She asked

"Draco and I weren't on speaking terms right now."

"But you're not broken up right?" Rachelle, checked to make sure her best friend's relationship was still saveable

"I don't think we are... I can't be so sure."

"Well just your luck, I invited Blaise to hang with us and told him to drag along Draco. He seemed awfully down, should have known something was up with you two. I'm such a bad friend Alice."

"The only thing you're guilty of is inviting my boyfriend who's mad at me to hang out with girls, Rachelle White."

"But-but Alice, I didn't know you two were fighting, I was actually hoping he'd drag you along too and I'd finally be able to see you."

"Excuses..." Alice sighed dramatically as she gave her a short hug to her best friend "I missed you pumpkin."

Rachelle laughed as she introduced her new friends from Ravenclaw. Alice made conversation and after some time she forgot about her troubles with Draco and her anger that she was a Gryffindor. Why did it matter in which house she was, anyways? She was having a fun time talking to Rachelle and another Ravenclaw when she noticed the blond left the group and walked eagerly to two boys.

"Hey you." She said giving one of them a quick peck "Girls, I want you to meet Blaise."

Sure they knew who he was but in five years they never spoke a word to each other. Blaise greeted the girls with a smile, putting his arm around Rachelle, pulling her close to him. Suddenly Alice was so jealous, not because of Blaise but of the relationship they shared. Sure Draco often showed her affection but every time she would see Rachelle and Blaise, especially when her and Draco were fighting, it reminded how she didn't have as strong of a bond with her loved one. After murmuring something in Rachelle's ear, Blaise dragged Draco, whom Alice didn't notice until now, who was on the side trying to escape. He wasn't looking at the crowd of girls so Alice believed he couldn't see her.

"And this is my best mate Draco." Blaise said "Who doesn't really want to be here it seems."

"If we leave Rachelle and her boyfriend alone than you'd be surrounded by a whole bunch of girl. Doesn't that sound more fun?" A girl asked, flirting a little.

Jealousy kicked in and Alice was about to walk to the girl and tell her what she thought of that when his voice calmed her.

"I'm not exactly single so no, it wouldn't change much." Alice heart grew as she smiled, even if she was in the back of the group

"Speaking of your girlfriend, she's right there."

Draco lifted his head and looked in the small crowd and found the girl whom he was dating to be one of the faces. Alice looked down uncertain of what to say. Okay, so Draco didn't want to cheat on her, that was a good thing but what happened now. Rachelle gave the blond a small push and walked to Alice. None of them said a word.

"Oh come' on guys. You guys are dating, it's not like you don't know each other!" Rachelle yelled

The blond witch looked at her best friend and boyfriend walking away to sort things out. She never understood why they always had so much drama if they loved each other so much. She held hands with Blaise as she listened to one of her new friends talk, looking times to times in the couple's direction. For now they had a respectable distance and seemed to be taking turns talking to each other. Once she noticed that they stood closer and closer to each other she stopped paying attention to the Ravenclaw and wanted to make sure that they'd get things sorted out. Rachelle smiled when she noticed Draco stocking Alice's right arm pulling her closer to him. A few words were exchanged and the blond could swear that one of those were 'I love you' and they kissed. Rachelle nudged Blaise frustrating the girl who was talking and just noticed no one was paying attention to what she was saying and showed him their friends making out.

"Good. He won't be as sulky as he been since yesterday. Draco in bad mood means hell for everyone." Blaise told her, kissing the top of Rachelle's head just as the girl left.

"I can't believe I didn't know they were fighting. It's the third day and I'm already losing her."

"Well you have mutual friends now. And let's try to hang us four like we did last year."

Rachelle looked at the couple who was making out even more ferociously than just a couple of seconds ago, Draco seeming like he was trying to bring her as close to him as he could. Rachelle rolled her eyes, amused and looked away. Those two had a physical relationship like no other. Rachelle noticed in the last months they were together, there had to be some kind of contact between those two. Draco hated not having Alice in his arms while she longed for his touch. Whenever it was stocking her cheek when he talked to her or her playing with his hands while she said something they were always touching. And they have been surprised a couple of times in Draco's room on his bed acting a little inappropriately. Sometimes she envied that. She knew that Blaise loved her, loved her so much and that he'd give the world to her. Blaise always kissed her softly like she would break at any moment while she watched Draco kiss Alice like if the world would end soon. She wanted to feel wanted like Alice felt.

"Draco and I are, well we're going to take a walk while we still can. I'll see you soon Rachelle, Blaise." Alice said, giving them both hugs, with a huge smile on her face. As soon as she pulled from Blaise, Draco took her hand. From the corner of her eye she noticed Rachelle look away and assumed something got her attention. "I'll see you back in the dorm Hayley!"

Draco and Alice walked, holding hands and stealing kisses until it was time for them to go back to their common room. They eventuality let go of each other, knowing they'd see each other in the morning but already missing their touch. When Alice entered the common room she was so much happier than yesterday. She didn't mind the stares, she was actually getting used to it. She found the Weasley twins sitting at a table, writing down stuff which most likely wasn't their homework. She sat down at their table, huge smile plastered on her face. Those who witnessed the exchange yesterday stopped what they were doing and tried to be subtle by looking or listening in.

"So Lestrange, are you here to read us the draft of that angry letter you wrote to Malfoy?" One of them asked but Alice never knew which one was which.

"No change of plans. How much is it to enter your pool?"

"Five galleons." They both responded

"I want in."

"Why, you planned a date to break up with Malfoy and you want to make all the money? Who's desperate for money now?"

"I don't care about the money. I'm aiming for the pride."

"And where's the pride if you cheat? You can just pick a date and arrange a fake break up with Malfoy."

"I don't have a date. I have a deal."

"We're listening."

"I let you keep this pool going around if you agree to give me all of the money, the day Draco and I get married." The twins remained silenced. "We're not going to break up."

"Now that's a lot of confidence out of you."

"I know that. So do we have a deal?" Alice asked.

"Sure" The twins responded, with a sly smile.

Alice got up, still with a huge smile. She got to her PJs and fell on her bed. She kissed her
little heart and started at it. When she saw it was glowing back, she closed her eyes and fell to a very happy slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
I learned I have an off day Thursday so here's a little something to spread the joy :D

Thanks for reading and don't be afraid to comment. I won't bite *shows fangs*
Yeah... I've been definetly watching too much True Blood ;)