‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

Suck up

It's been almost a month since Marie-Adelaide has been attending Hogwarts School permanently. Lately she's been quite happy a lot more happy than her first week. Obviously Draco didn't take it well that she had befriended the trio he hates the most but Alice ensured him it was just for some company in the common room and for a couple of breakfast or dinners if he wouldn't be there. Addie was doing a good job separating her time: she would hang out with Draco most of the time and was accompanied sometimes by or Rachelle, Blaise or even Hayley and her friends. Draco and Alice stopped fighting, which she was extremely grateful for. Alice was just finishing her dinner at the Gryffindor table when she felt someone hit her. She turned and saw a familiar blond walking in a fast pace away from her and towards the door as she half smiled, looking back to her house mates.

"You pathetic excuse for a boyfriend!" She yelled, than looking in his direction

Most students turned, expecting to see a fight erupt between the Slytherin and Gryffindor. The young girl just ran to him and when he sensed she was close enough, he turn and took her in his arms. The exchanged a couple of kisses before leaving together. At the table were Alice came from, Ron put down his fork, discouraged.

"I'm going to be sick." He commented as his friend smiled

"I just wonder how long is it going to last. Obviously he couldn't dump her right after the sorting but I still didn't expect it to go for so long." Harry started

"Maybe Addie's been telling us the truth and he really does care about her." Hermione said

"This is Malfoy we're talking about. He's unable of..."

"Yes but how much do we really know him? Did you ever saw the little pink heart Addie drags with her every where?"

"The one that lights up at random?" Ron asked

"Yes. Well I asked Addie about it because I was curious and she told me that Malfoy-"

"Well just because he gives her gifts doesn't make him boyfriend of the year." Harry said

"Will you just let me finish?" Hermione asked "That's not my point. The heart lights up every time someone kisses its twin. Which Malfoy has it." The boys didn't respond anything. "You might not like him, I personally hate him but she's happy with him. He treats her right."

"But he doesn't treat anyone else right! And..."

"That doesn't matter Harry, not for her! She knows him for years now. Their relationship is something that for us, we can't understand. She might seem and act just like any of us here but how do you think she's at home or at the Malfoys? The Lestranges and Malfoys are very old families, Harry and the way her and Malfoy think are very alike. She might think of me as my friend but whenever she'll admit it to herself or not, she'll still think she's more of a witch than me."

"Not Addie... Sirius got raised by a Pure-Blood obsessed family so did his cousin who married a muggle-born."

"And they got disinherited, did they not?" Harry thought about all the holes in the tree. Pure-Bloods who didn't go according to the tradition did in fact end up disinherited. "Did you see how she acted a couple of weeks back when you told her you saw her father? She won't want to get kicked out of her family. She changed her name back to Lestrange out of allegiance to her family. And just before You-Know-Who shows up..."

"Hermione, she's your friend..."

"I know she is. But it's dangerous to forget that she will always choose her family first, Malfoy at the same time, over us."

"But wait. What you're telling us is what we've been saying all along. They're only together because of their-"

"They know each other from the crib! I think by now it would be more about the blood would it."

The trio decided to discuss about other things than Addie's relationship because they knew no matter how they would analyse it, they wouldn't be able to understand it. Like Hermione said, they were raised differently. While that has been going on, Draco and Alice found a near place to sit and kiss each other. They continued kissing each other until Alice felt brutally pushed away. She gave her boyfriend a pissed look, about to tell for that action but he wasn't even looking at her, his stare was directed behind her. When she heard an annoying giggle behind her, she felt as if someone stabbed her.

"It's good to see you Professor. I bragged about your teaching methods to my father and he is most impressed. He told me that you taking over the DADA post and your nomination as the inquisitor are the best things that happen to this school for over a century." Addie felt like vomiting everything she just ate and had to resist to not make the imitation that she was.

"I'm really happy to hear that Mr. Malfoy. You father had always been of great value to the ministry. No wonder Mr. Fudge has always had the highest opinion about him. You can tell your father, that if you continue the work you've been giving, you can expect a great year and an even brighter career." Sucking up to the ministry? Addie thought bitterly and had to bite her lips not to let the sentence out.

"Thank you, my father will be so delighted to hear that."

"And you miss Lestrange, you should pick up on his example. I hope you can exercise a good influence on her Mr. Malfoy."

"I'll try ma'am." Draco responded with a goofy smile that only infuriated Alice more.
The woman left them, leaving Alice completely shocked. She had only been working hard since she arrived here!

" I'll try?! What was that? Who's been doing almost all of your homework for the last month or so?"

"Alice, who cares, it's just... Don't be mad." He added seeing her face boiling

"I'm not mad Draco, I'm furious! And what was that? Pushing me away as if I had some kind of disease on my face?"

"Alice don't take it wrong, but making out in front of a teacher is so... And it is against the school rules to kiss in the hallways"

"You never cared about it, you little lying scum! But fine we'll have it your way."

"Alice, only when teachers-"

"No. I'm, unlike what that toad which thinks-"

"Alice!" Draco said but she ignored him and continued as if he didn't say anything

"Am a good and model student who will not disobey school rules. Good night Draco, I'm going to do my homework in the common room."

"Alice... I don't want to fight because of this. Alice, don't be mad."

"I just need a good night sleep to cool off. Tomorrow's a new day." She said looking down
Draco came closer to kiss her lightly but she turned her head, putting her lips away from him, showing him she wasn't mad, she was upset.

But that didn't discourage the boy who was more in love than he cared to admit. He took his beloved hand and brought it to his lips like a true gentleman. The gesture amused her to no end and smiled, walking away without being able to resist blowing him a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Montreal won the Grey Cup! :D
Not the biggest football fan out there but I will support any Montreal to the very end (L)
2009 & 2010 Champions!

So as a celebration I'm posting this little chapter.

Okay so this is the week of the session. Don't hate me if there's no update this week. I know my two months hiatus was nasty but I can't be discrated. I'm aiming to get accepted to a very elite university program and I need top grades!

Thanks a lot for reading guys! Don't give up on me because I'm not giving up on Alice and Draco! And a special thanks for those who commented. You all have a special place in my heart and I'll make sure others know who you are:
punkrockerballerina
Jinx Killjoy
MeilaKay
cupcakelushyou