I Found Myself Falling...Not For the Right Thing Either

Chapter 10

"So how was your date on Friday?" James asked as we walked into school.

"Fine… why?" I asked.

"Only, because the party was awesome!" He cheered and hi-fived Katie. I frowned.

"Do you guys know who drives a black SUV?" I asked as we rounded a corner.

"No why?" Katie asked stopping in front of her locker.

"Jake drove one home after the party." I said thinking. Who did I know who drove one?

"Doesn't Craig's mom drive one?" James asked smirking. Then it clicked.

"Oh shit! It must be hers." Just as I turned around I slammed into something hard and fell back into James' arms. "Oaf. Thanks." I muttered getting up and looking up to see what I hit.

"You should watch where you're going." Craig said smirking.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked crossing my arms and glaring at him.

"Hey don't talk to Craig like that!" Liz scolded.

"Oh come on Liz, it's just Craig." I said and then it happened.

She kissed him. In front of all of us! Yet Craig let her and better yet, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in. They stood there for a few moments before Liz's hands traveled up and entwined her fingers into his hair. I wanted to gag.

I suddenly turned around, blushing madly, as I realized that I had just stood there and watched them make-out.

"Rae!" Kent cheered as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him.

"Kent!" I retaliated.

Kent smirked, "What's going on?".

"I have no clue." I whispered eyeing the two who finally broke apart for air.

"You haven't heard?" Katie asked. We both turned and raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"They're the new 'it' couple." James said rolling his eyes.

"Funny."

"No seriously." Katie said closing her locker.

"It's true." Liz said giggling. Again I swallowed hard trying not to gag. She trailed her fingers up Craig’s chest and bit her lip. I could just imagine her dirty thoughts right now.

Ew! Stop that Rae!

I hit my hand and Kent raised an eyebrow. I shook my head and he just chuckled as he pressed his lips softly against mine.

"Alright Gregory let's go. We've got practice after school and I need you to help me get the other guys to know the practice times." Craig said pulling Kent away from me.

"Jerk!" I called after Craig.

"Whore." Craig called from down the hall. I frowned. I was most definitely not a whore. I mean nothing like Liz.

Whoops.



"Hey you stupid idiot!" i called grabbing Jake's jacket and whirling him around. Jake frowned and pulled his arm away from my grip.

"Nice variety of words." Jake said smirking.

"Shut up. I know whose SUV that is that you drove home on Friday." Jake raised an eyebrow.

"Huh?"

"You don't remember?" Jake shook his head. "Well, on Friday you drove home a black SUV. It's in the garage. I put it there until I could figure out whose it was and now I now whose it is." I said adjusting my books.

"Whose?" Jake asked now fully listening.

"Mrs. Moore's." I replied biting my lip.

"Wait then where the hell is my car?!" Jake yelled.

"Didn't you drive it here?" I asked. Jake shook his head frantically.

"No!"

"Then how did you get to school?!" I asked now totally confused.

"Craig and his slut girlfriend picked me up." I frowned. I know Liz dressed kind of inappropriately, but she was still my friend.

"That’s Liz you're talking about!" I defended.

"So what does that matter? She's dating Craig that makes her one." He said running his fingers through his hair and thinking really hard. He only did that when he was thinking hard.

"He's your best friend why the hell would you say that?" I asked. Jake shrugged.

"We both know it's true." He said.

"So, that makes that 'fling' that you're seeing a slut." I said crossing my arms.

"Are you defending Craig?" Jake asked leaning against his locker. By now the hall had cleared because of lunch.

"N-no." I stuttered. Jake smirked.

"Whatever. When soccer practice is over you're helping me find my car." He said poking my chest. I grunted and swatted his finger away.

"Fine." I said frowning. "So did you know about Craig and Liz?" I asked. "Like before this morning." Jake nodded. "Was I the only one who didn't?!" Jake nodded.


I frowned when Liz walked in with a group of lets say... Um... skanks? Yeah that'll work.

"So yeah, I was sure when he was all over me at the party." Liz gossiped with her skanks.

"Oh my gosh!" A girl squealed and the other two giggled.

"You are so lucky!" The blonde squealed. I just rolled my eyes when Liz took her usual seat next to me.

"I know right?!" Liz said twirling a piece of hair between her fingers.

"It was only because he was drunk." I turned to see Carly, a shy girl, staring at Liz. This shut Liz up and her three skanks glared at Carly.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

"I said the only reason he is dating you because he only wants an easy fuck, which well, you are." Liz gasped at the comment. I held in a laugh. "Also he was drunk when he agreed to date you. Craig Moore doesn't do dating." Carly said adjusting her glasses.

I think Liz was going to strangle her before the teacher came in and told everyone to take their seats. I honestly give big credit to Carly. I mean now Liz being Queen of the school and all...

"Hey Rae, are you coming over to my house after school?" Liz whispered. She meant it to be a question, but it came out more like a demand.

"No." I said flatly as I listened to the teacher.

"Why not?" Liz asked getting angry.

"I can't." I said simply and tuned back to the teacher.

"Why not?" Liz asked again.

"I've got to help Jake and plus I'm hanging out with Katie and James. Remember you were supposed to come too, but Katie called me last night and told me you can't go." I frowned now knowing that Liz was blowing us off.

"Well come on Rae. I mean I don't want to hang around with a gay guy and a loser."

Say what?!

"What?" I hissed.

"Well James is just annoying now and well, Katie just isn't that pretty." Now that struck a nerve.

"Oh I get it." Liz smiled.

"See I knew you were smart." Liz said patting my arm as she blew a bubble of her bubble gum and popped it.

"You’re just dumping us because of your new title."

"Not you Rae. I'm dumping them as friends." She said simply and pulled her purse into her lap.

"Whatever." I mumbled as I turned back to the front board and started copying down my notes.