I Found Myself Falling...Not For the Right Thing Either

Chapter 12

So you know those really fun carnivals with games everywhere and kids running around having fun? Well this carnival wasn't that fun.

The game booths were few and the rides were limited. It was kind of boring and along with it Craig and Liz being there didn't help matters.

"Let's go on the Tea Cups!" Liz said batting her eyelashes for Craig. He shrugged and pulled Liz along with him towards the cups.

"You want to go?" Kent asked. I frowned.

"Hell no!" Kent chuckled.

"Thank God." I couldn't help, but giggle as Kent leaned down and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Ugh never mind." We both turned to see Craig and Liz walking back towards us. Liz's lips were pulled back into a frown and Craig was looking annoyed.

"What's wrong?" Kent and I asked in unison.

"Tea Cups had a malfunction. We couldn't go on them." It was pretty funny seeing Liz's face at the moment because she was one who absolutely loved the tea cups and dragged me on every year when we either went to a carnival or amusement park.

"Well let's find something else to do!" Kent declared. I smiled and turned around so I was facing the game booths.

"Wanna win me something?" I asked. Kent smiled down at me.

"I'd be delighted."

"Oh Craig! Go win me one!" Liz whined. I cringed at her squeal when Craig agreed, only because he'd look like a jerk if he didn't.

"Which prize do you want?" Kent asked me. I bit my lip as I scouted the few booths for a prize that I liked.

"I want the giant Panda!" Liz whined. Craig rolled his eyes and walked over to the ring toss booth.

"Surprise me." I told Kent as I kissed his lips.

"Alright then."



I couldn't help, but laugh at Craig's situation. Right as he won the ring toss game he turned and looked to see that the last giant Panda was being dragged away by some little kid and their father. Liz was making a big scene that she wanted the stupid bear, but Craig ended up getting her a giant Fish instead.

I kind of wished that the little kid would give Liz the panda bear because she was giving me a headache. The Liz I used to know was never like this. If she wanted something she'd go get it. She wouldn't sit here and whine about it. She was changing.

It wasn't a good change either.

"Surprise!" I turned to see a baby bunny stuffed animal in Kent's hands. I let out a few giggles before taking it from his hands. "What?" Kent asked, frowning.

"It's so small." I giggled.

"Hey-" Kent started to defend, but I cut him off.

"It's so cute. I love it." Kent's mouth closed and I gave him a quick peck. "Thank you." I said pulling away.

"Hey Rae! Get Kent over here and let's go on the Ferris wheel!" I rolled my eyes at Liz's demanding voice, but pulled Kent along with me.

"Most people I don't have to say this too, but it's part of my job. If you get sick just push the red button on the side of your cart and you'll be brought back to the bottom so you can get off." I just rolled my eyes as Kent and I got into our cart. Who ever used that button?

Liz was smiling happily when their cart started after ours. The sun was setting and it actually was the prettiest part of it all. The sky erupted with gold, oranges and pinks. The only blue was the blended white and blues of the clouds.

"Who would ever think that a stupid Ferris wheel on a ride would be this romantic?" I said to Kent. He only smiled and kissed my forehead as he pulled me towards him. It was kind of cold so the warmth of his body felt good against mine.

"Who would've ever thought?" Kent muttered as he started to play with my hair. Just as the Ferris wheel had made its first full circle it stopped with a few carts at the top which so happened to be ours and Craig and Liz's. I wasn't afraid of heights, but when you can only see sky and little ground it kind of freaks you out.

As my eyes scanned the carnival as I tried to see just how many people were left. When my eyes locked onto a certain disturbing image I squeezed them shut trying to get the image out of my mind, but it just kept reappearing.

"What's wrong?" Kent asked. I opened my eyes to look up at him.

"Nothing." I replied nonchalantly.

"Are you sure?" Kent's voice laced with concern.

"I'm good." I reassured him up until I looked back down. There the image was. Nothing changed other than the way they were sucking faces. "Oh goodness I'm going to puke." I whispered. Kent's face was covered in worry as I slammed my fist against the red button which jolted all of the carts as we were quickly brought back down to the ground.

"Are you ok Mis-" The maintenance guy started to ask before I bolted out of the cart and towards a garbage pail on the side of the Ferris wheel. I took a few breaths as I felt my gut calm down.

"Are you okay?" Kent asked as he rushed to my side.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied taking in a few more breaths.

Kent frowned, "I don't believe you." He stated. I shook my head.

"I'm fine. We're back on the ground." I lied.

And away from a certain sucking faces couple.

"Oh my gosh Rae! Are you okay?!" Liz rushed over to me, basically dragging Craig along with her.

"I'm fine." I said once again. I felt like the statement was being overused.

'As long as you two don't start sucking faces again and make my stomach churn.' I fought the urge to say.

"Okay well since you're not really up for another ride and we only have one left will you come with me Kent?" Liz asked. I raised an eyebrow in confusion as to why she was asking MY boyfriend to go on a ride with HER. "Craig won't go on it with me." She said frowning. I just rolled my eyes.

"Um well..." Kent looked towards me and I shook my head.

"I'll be okay. Just go on the last ride." I said forcing a smile onto my face. Liz's eyes filled with happiness as she dragged Kent towards the last ride, which had a huge line for it.

I turned to my left certain to find Craig standing there, but when I turned more I noticed his retreating figure.

"Where are you going?!" I asked as I ran towards him.

"I'm hungry." He stated.

"Ugh!" I groaned as I followed him towards a popcorn stand.



"Well that was good." Craig said as he plucked the last piece of popcorn into his mouth.

"You pig." I mumbled.

"Aw is wittle Rae hungwy?" He asked in a baby voice.

"Shut up! If your fat ass didn't eat the whole bag and if you offered me at least a piece I wouldn't be so hungry." I growled.

"Well, I'm sorry your date couldn't buy a bag for you." He said throwing his empty bag away.

"Where are you going now?!"

"Well, since their ride still has a long line that they're basically at the end of I'm going to go find something to do." I crossed my eyes over my chest and watched as Craig walked off.

I looked at the ride's line and frowned as I noticed Kent and Liz standing near the end and only a few people getting let on every once in awhile. I looked around me to notice the crowd changing from teens to creepy people. I hugged my jacket around me as I watched Craig's figure turn a corner and him disappear behind a game booth.

As fast as I got off of the Ferris wheel I dashed behind him while yelling, "Wait up!" As soon as I rounded the game booth that I had seen Craig walk behind I saw him leaning against a wall of another booth.

"C'mon." He said rolling his eyes as I struggled to keep my jacket closed. "Why don't you just zip it up?" He asked me. I frowned.

"Because then I'll get too warm and end up unzipping it then get cold and have to zip it up again." I huffed and Craig just cocked an eyebrow. "It's a lot of zipping and unzipping!" He just chuckled and shook his head as we started walking again. "So where are we going?" I asked.

"I don't know, but you're getting annoying." I frowned and hit his arm.

"You're just as annoying." I defended.

"Whatever." He muttered as we came across a tent. "Hey look a fortune teller." He said pointing to the tent.

"So?"

"Let's go in." He suggested as he opened the tent flap.

"No!" I whined. I sounded like Liz for a second. "I hate fortune tellers. They just go off of what you tell them. Like they ask if you do like sports and you7 say yes and don't even realize it, but you tell them the exact sport and they go into how you'll be a total expert and go into pro with that certain sport." I ranted on while Craig just eyed me. "My mom said she wanted twins and one lady told my mom she was going to get twins just to make her happy."

"You and Jake are twins. That means the fortune teller lady was right." Craig pointed out. I frowned. He had a point.

"But-" I started, but Craig totally ignored me and went inside the tent.

"Would you like your fortune told?" A lady's voice asked. I groaned and slid into the tent. It looked like one of those movies scenes or TV show scenes where the lady is dressed in a robe with designs all over it and cards being placed on a round table with a crystal ball in the middle of it.

Craig was seated in a chair at one end of the table and the fortune teller lady at the other end.

"Would you like to sit?" I turned to look at her and nodded. She motioned to a chair next to the side of the tent and I picked it up bringing it over to the table. "Alright now I would like to know your name." I snorted and Craig just rolled his eyes.

"Craig Moore." He replied.

"And you?" I looked over at the two and sat up in the seat.

"Rae Daniels." She smiled and folded her cards into one pile before shuffling them all up. I watched as her hands shuffled fast and again the cards were in one neat pile. Before she picked the first card she eyed the two of us then her fingers fiddled with the card before flipping it over so all three of us could see it. There laying on the table was a king of hearts.

"What does that mean?" I asked, leaning closer to watch.

"Its you Craig." The lady said before fiddling with the second card. After we both exchanged a confused look she set the second card down. A queen of hearts rested next to the king of hearts.

"Looks like the shuffling job wasn't so good." Craig muttered in my ear. I couldn't help, but laugh.

"The shuffling holds all the answers. This queen of hearts stands for you my dear." She said looking straight at me.

"Okay... So?" I asked. She frowned and put the deck out in front of my.

"You pick the third card." She muttered. I rested my palm on the top of the deck before pulling the third card from it and setting it next to the queen.

"Ah, just as I expected." She mumbled. I looked down at the 10 of hearts.

"What?" Craig asked.

"It means that this relationship will last long and is under good contentment or good fortune." I glanced over at Craig who was just as confused as me.

"We aren't in a relationship." We answered in unison. The lady smiled.

"The cards do not lie." She said while picking the cards back up and shuffling them again for the next person to come through.

"Well obviously they do when we're not together." Craig stated.

"The cards don't lie and often predict." She said before setting another card down. The nine of spades lay flat on the table. "The nine of spades means the opposite of the ten of spades. It means that everything will come true in the near future." I frowned and sat up.

"Alright well, I'm done with this." I looked over at the lady. "Thank you, but you all are the same. Nothing that you say will come true. Thanks for your time, but we're going." I told her and with that I walked out of the tent. Craig was right on my trail as we made our way over to the ride Kent and Liz were going on.

"Talk about weird." Craig mumbled.

"I told you. They're all fake." Just as I finished my sentence Kent and Liz came from the ride with happy expression on their faces.

"That ride was so worth the wait!" Liz said smiling. I frowned when I noticed her arm around Kent waist. Jealousy pinged through me for second just until Kent walked over to me and pecked my lips.

"What did you guys do while we were waiting in line?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Nothing useful."
♠ ♠ ♠
Longest chapter so far. ;) I hope I have my Quizilla readers here with me! I really do! I love all of my readers and hopefully the next chapter will be out as soon as I finish transferring my stories over to Mibba. Bare with me! ^_^