I Found Myself Falling...Not For the Right Thing Either

Chapter 13

My index finger hit the 'enter' button and the page overloaded with links. My eyes scanned over the page and my eyebrows furrowed.

Which link was I suppose to click?

I scrolled back up to the top of the page and clicked the search bar. This time I narrowed my search to:

Fortune teller card readings

Just as the links flowed over the page my door flew open and I whipped around to see who the invader was.

Of course when I noticed the brown hair I just rolled my eyes and turned around so I was facing the computer again. My hand moved the mouse so it hovered over the red X in the corner of the screen. Just as I clicked the 'X', Jake's mouth opened.

"What are you looking at?"

"Nothing." I replied as I whirled around in my chair and got up.

"You were looking at Porn weren't you?" I raised an eyebrow at Jake's cocky grin and smacked him.

"You're disgusting. Now get out of my room." I demanded as I motioned to the door.

"Alright, but I'm just letting you know Ian and I are going to the beach along with Jared and Kent." He said leaving Kent for last. "If you want to come we're leaving in like an hour or so." I frowned, but sighed.

"Sure. Whatever." Jake smiled and walked out of my room.

As if planned, my phone buzzed on my desk. I walked over to it and opened.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Rae!" Katie cheered into the phone. I sighed and realized what was going on.

"I really have homework this time." I replied referring to last weekend when everyone wanted to go to the beach because it was warm and I didn't want to se I lied telling them I had homework when in reality I didn't.

"I know, but you only have English and Biology and both I have already done so I can give you mine."

"How do I know they're right?" I asked.

"God damn it Rae! They're right! I'm not Liz. I actually can do my homework without getting half the paper wrong." I felt my lips pull back into a smile.

"Alright, fine." I said closing my phone.



"Are you ready to go?" Katie asked as I walked out of my room. I nodded looking down at my outfit and bag.

"I think." I replied.

"Maybe it's too cold to go swimming. I'll just take off my bathing-"

"No!" Katie yelled cutting me off and dragging me down the stairs.

"You're not going back into your room. Come on. If you don't go in the water than fine, but if you do then you're prepared and you won't have to change." Damn... she made a good point.

"Fine." I huffed as I slipped onmy flip-flops.

"It's warm out... trust me. For September it shouldn't be this warm, but... it is." I forced a smile onto my face even though I knew I’d be cold. I was one to get cold very easily. "Plus, Kent can keep you warm if you get cold." She said winking at me. I just rolled my eyes and followed her out the front door.

A rush of warm air blew around me. I shivered as my cold body felt the warmth against my bare arms and legs.

"I told you." Katie said smiling as we got into her car.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked, slightly frowning. Was she like tricking me into something?

"Oh shut up, Rae. I'm not tricking you into something." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "You asked it out loud." I cursed myself under my breath as Katie sped out of the driveway and down the road. "They're already at the beach. You took too long for Craig to handle." I rolled my eyes at that comment.

"Whatever..." I muttered.

"Can I ask you a question?" Katie asked softly.

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked. Katie's head hung low as she bit her lip.

"Are you still friends with Liz?" She asked. My lips pressed into a straight line as I thought over the question.

"I guess..." Imurmured looking out the dashboard.

"Oh, never mind then."

We left it at that...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took forever to get out. >.< I've been really busy.