I Found Myself Falling...Not For the Right Thing Either

Chapter 15

I bite my lip as the car parked into the hotel parking lot. I hadn't said a word to anyone since we left the beach. Our car was packed with people.

In the front driving was Katie with Craig in the seat next to her. I was sitting between Kent and Jake and in the back were Jared and Ian along with Robert. A conversation had struck between Kent and Katie and another between Ian, Jared and Jake leaving Craig, I and Robert quiet.

Robert was always quiet, but every time I glanced in the rearview mirror I could see Craig's gaze quickly look another way.

"Okay so what are the rooms going to be?" Kent asked as soon as we entered the building.

"Well, Jared and Robert will be sharing a room and I'll be with Ian." Jake answered before looking towards me.

"Katie will be with Rae and I'm guessing Kent you'll be with Craig." Kent glanced over his shoulder to see Liz entering the hotel with her friends.

"I think I'll room with you and Ian." He told Jake. They nodded and started booking the rooms. Once our room keys were distributed between us all we made our way to the 6th floor where all our rooms had been placed.

"What's going on?" Katie whispered in my ear as I followed her into the elevator.

"Nothing." I replied ignoring earlier things.

"Are you sure?" She questioned. "You've been quiet since we left the beach." I shook my head.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Katie bit her lip as she pondered the idea of whether to believe me or not, before nodding and putting her room key in the slot to open our door.



"You're coming with us this time." I looked up to see Katie dressed in her other bathing suit and her hair tied back into a neat bun. I frowned.

"We just came back from the beach!" I whined. Katie shook her head.

"I meant the pool you dumbie." My lips pulled back into an 'O' shape. "This pool is heated so you can go into it. The temperature won't be, well to you, freezing?" She put air quotations around the word freezing.

"Pfft, whatever! You guys just don't know what freezing is!" She laughed from the bathroom before entering the main room again and closing her suit case.

"So let's go." She demanded.

"Why?!" I whined. "You guys just swam!" I pointed out.

"So?"

"So?! You JUST swam why are you going again?"

"Because this isn't a beach and the water is in a pool and not the ocean. This is clean water and not salt water. I could keep going, but you're coming with us. We all like swimming." She said. I frowned before having my face get hit with my bathing suit.

"Let's go. If you're not down to the pool in 10 minutes I’ll be up here and dragging you down."

She opened the door as I called after her, "What if I'm not in here!"

She laughed before replying, "Oh I'll find you."

"Oh I'll find you." I mimicked as the door closed. "Whatever Katie!" I yelled hoping she'd hear me. I huffed before sliding off my bed so I could change.

Nobody had told me that we were staying at a hotel, but luckily I brought a fresh pair ofclothes in case my other ones got wet at the beach so I had something to change into for tomorrow.

I sighed before securing the straps on my bathing suit top and grabbing a my sundress to wear over it as I walked to the pool. My hands found the key card from my nightstand as I slipped my flip-flops on and walked to the door.

Just as I closed it behind me I crashed into someone, sending me to the ground.

"Oh I'm sorry." The voice replied. I shook my head, grabbing my key card.

"It's ok I wasn't looking where I was-" My eyes met with the ones of Craig and my voice went quiet. I shuffled to my feet awkwardly as he just kind of looked at me. His lips looked like he wanted to say something, but they closed again. "Um sorry." I muttered as I walked past him. Before I could get any farther my arm was grabbed and I was pulled back.

"Wait, Rae. I didn't mean to- I wasn't planning on- I-I..." He couldn't pick his words so i picked them for him.

"It's alright, nobody saw so we can just forget about it." Craig nodded.

"That'll probably be for the best." I nodded in agreement.

"You going to the pool?" I asked changing the topic. Craig cleared his throat before answering with a simple 'yes'. "At least this one won't be cold."

"Yeah..." Once in the elevator the doors closed leaving the elevator music to play in the background. "I see you didn't burn." Craig said after a minute of music just before the doors opened.

"Ugh, yeah. I didn't. I told ya I wouldn't." We both stepped out at the same time having our shoulders brush slightly.

"Well, I guess you were right." I nodded as we turned towards the pool. I could faintly hear the voices in the pool as we walked into the room and saw everyone. Before separating I glanced over my shoulder and nodded to Craig as if saying 'the kiss is forgotten.’ His eyes looked like they had lightened, like a bag of weights had been lifted off of his shoulders before he turned away.

The truth was though; I wanted to know why'd he kiss me?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been over a month, but I hope ya'll will forgive me. :3