He's got all the girls wrapped around his finger. Better yet, all, but one.

Chapter 16

Izzy's POV.

This dinner wasn't actually as bad as I pictured it. Kale was surprisingly good with my parents. He and parents went well.

Too bad we're NOT dating!

I sighed as I looked over to Ash and Rachel. Rachel looked a little sad and Ash was stiff. I raised an eyebrow, but turned away from them when my name was called.

"Izzy."

"Huh?" I asked.

"How long have you two been dating?" My mother asked as my dad started to talk to Ash and Rachel.

"Not very-" I was cut off by Kale.

"A few months." He said with a cheeky smile. He grabbed my hand that was in my lap and sat them on the table. My jaw dropped in awe and I stared at him.

Who did he think he was? I did NOT give him permission to hold my hand at ALL!

"Aw that's soo cute." Rachel cooed. "Izzy you're going to have to tell me everything." She said smiling. I groaned internally.

There was nothing to discuss! We weren't dating, still aren't and NEVER will!

"Actually yesterday was our 3 month anniversary." Kale said to my mom and Rachel.

God what was he doing! That’s it I'm finding out and SOON.

*******************************************

Kale's POV.

Izzy's hand in mine felt really nice. When I grabbed it she wanted to pull away, but I still want to know why she didn't. I don't get why she's letting me do this stuff with her. Why she's letting me meet her parents.

Does she really like me?

I highly doubt that, but you know it may be possible.

I glanced over at her. She didn't look like she was enjoying the dinner, but she kept glancing at Ash and Rachel.

"What's wrong?" I whispered in her ear.

"What do you mean?" She asked politely looking over at her parents to make sure they weren't listening.

"You keep looking over at Ash and Rachel." Izzy tensed up and I could feel it in her hand.

She didn't answer my question. All she did was pull her hand away from mine and place it back in her lap. My hand was cold where she was once warming it.

Not to mention the tingling feeling it left behind.

*******************************************

Izzy's POV.

Thank the lord it's over. We dropped Rachel off at her house and between the two it wasn't like it used to be. Ash only kissed her cheek good-bye. She'd usually hug him and they'd exchange I love you's, but nothing like that. It was kind of scary. I had two missions tonight.

1. Find out what the hell is wrong with Ash and Rachel since they made up and were fine earlier.

2. Find Kale out...

Those were my two missions. Actually I guess I was starting with number 2 since my parents and Ash walked inside the house leaving Kale and me alone outside.

Don't do this!

Gosh my body was begging no, but actually this worked to my advantage. Right when the front door closed I turned to Kale and pushed him hard in the chest.

"What the hell?!" He blurted out being taken by surprise.

"What the hell?! No what's up with you? Huh? We used to be enemies now you're going around telling people that we're dating and have been for months. We used to hate each other and frankly I still do."

That one hit me hard. Why?

"This isn't what it used to be. Why? Is it all a joke of some sort or a bet? Huh? Is this real? I highly doubt that one. What's up with you?!" I hissed at him. Kale stood there in shock. It was all out on the field and I wasn't letting him get away until I had an answer. Kale looked from the house to me then to his feet.

What was he thinking?!

"I need the help." He started. He seemed to be in a panic. I didn't say anything. "I'm in an arranged marriage." I definitely didn't expect that one!

*******************************************

Kale's POV.

Once dinner was over we drove back to Izzy's house. When her parents went ahead of us and went inside it was quiet between us, but when the front door slammed closed Izzy whipped around and pushed me hard.

"What the hell?!” I asked taking by surprise at her action.

"What the hell?! No what's up with you? Huh? We used to be enemies now you're going around telling people that we're dating and have been for months. We used to hate each other and frankly I still do."

I just looked at her in shock.

"This isn't what it used to be. Why? Is it all a joke of some sort or a bet? Huh? Is this real? I highly doubt that one. What's up with you?!" She'd figured me out. What the hell was I supposed to do?! I was starting to panic.

Think Kale think.

"I need the help." I started still thinking then it hit me. "I'm in an arranged marriage."

What the hell?! How the hell did my mind come up with that one?!