He's got all the girls wrapped around his finger. Better yet, all, but one.

Chapter 22

::Recap::

As I turned the corner my heart literally skipped a beat. There sitting on the stairs was Kale. He had his head in his hands, which were settled on his knees. He looked pretty upset and I knew this wasn't going to be any better.

I wanted my feet to stop, but my body just had them keep going. As I got closer Kale shifted and his head was lifted up and turned towards my direction.

I felt like throwing up being in front of this bastard, but I knew I couldn't run now. With a sweep of his head Kale's bangs were out of his face and he could definitely see me. I stopped just in front of him and leaned to one side.

"Izzy?"

::Present::


I instantly regretted this. Kale's face held an emotion I had never seen in him before.

"Izzy?" He asked again a little louder.

"Yeah... it's... me Kale." I said holding back my stutters.

"Izzy. O-oh my God. Izzy I'm so s-sorry. I rea-lly am." Kale stuttered.

"Kale I don't care." I said lying.

"What?" Kale asked taken back.

"I. Don't. Care." I said sternly.

I felt like breaking down right there and slapping him across the face and telling him how much he hurt me, but I knew that wouldn't fix anything.

"Izzy. I'm s-sorry. You don't have to do this." Kale stood up and I could tell he was breaking down.

"Kale... you doing this was the best thing for me."

Something inside of me was now taking over. The hurt I had felt this morning had dissolved from my mind and now hate was filling it.

"It's actually pretty funny. I mean I actually thought you were falling for me." I said with a snort. "Funny thing was Kale Sparks doesn't fall for anyone. That's why I knew it was all fake." Kale's face grew rigid.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Well I'm just saying you know that Kale doesn't fall for anyone. So how could he fall for me? I mean the look in your eyes and the way you acted around me."

Something was definitely wrong with me.

Hello? Is Izzy home?

Izzy's not here right now. The little coward had to step away before she broke down into tears.

So who is this, may I ask?

Kale's worst nightmare.

Oh well that's lovely.

I know right.

"What are you talking about? I didn't have a look in my eyes." Kale said gritting his teeth.

"Oh, but you did. You see every time you looked at me you had an emotion that nobody had ever seen in your face before. I couldn't put my tongue on it for awhile, but when I did I couldn't actually think it was true." I looked down the hall making sure nobody heard.

"You see Kale. Your eyes held the emotion of..."

"Love." Ms. Bowmen called.

My head snapped up as I fell out of the dream I was having. I had really hoped that I could tell Kale off like that. Sadly this morning I couldn't have enough courage to do so. I ended up telling Kale that he's a jerk and walking away.

Pitiful isn't it?

"What?" I asked looking up at Ms. Bowmen.

"So where's your partner?" She asked looking at the seat next to me.

"I don't know." I said. "Nor do I care." I mumbled so she couldn't hear me.

"Well since your partner isn't here I guess you'll have to give your presentation on your photo next class." She said frowning. I gulped.

Kale and I hadn't down our photo. How the hell were we supposed to do our photo now when I refuse to even see his ugly, lying face!

"Alright." I said looking down at my hands.

"Alright class so next time we'll have the groups: Sadness, Love and Joy present their photos and everything." Just then the bell rang and everyone got up from their seats and made their way out of the room.

I on the other hand slowly got up and walked towards the door with Candi right next to me. We didn't say a word as we made our way to lunch.

Cee knew that I hadn't had the courage and she was a little upset with me, but I had refused to talk to her so we walked in silence.