Seduction Leads to Destruction

Chapter 16

My ears still hadn’t gotten used to blasting music even over all of these years. They still made me wince when I got too close to the speakers that were blasting the music out and into the house. Grinding and basically dry humping was going on all around me, but I learned to ignore it over the years. This wasn’t my first party and I knew it wouldn’t be my last. I was quite an expert at partying having gone to my first party when I was only 14 years old. I didn’t drink or anything, but I danced and got to know all of the people older than me.

I wasn’t the most popular girl at my old school, but I was okay. I just fit in, having friends from every social group. It was probably around my sixth or seventh party when I met him. I didn’t want to think about it at the moment, but the memory flashed through my mind.

“Hayden!” My friend Zac called. I smiled and danced over to him.

“What?” I yelled over the loud music, dancing with some guy I had met at the last party, I think he was in college though.

“I want you to meet someone.” Zac informed me, also yelling over the blaring music. I nodded, turning back to the guy in front of me. He frowned.

“Gotta leave?” He asked. I nodded.

“I’ll find you before I go though.” I promised him, winking. He smiled and nodded, turning to dance with a few other people.

“This way.” Zac told me, grabbing onto my elbow and pulling me through the crowd of people.

“They better be worth it. I was dancing with Franky.” I said, frowning a bit.

I wasn’t the person now that I was back then. I actually cared about people’s names. I remembered people’s faces, who they were, what classes I had with them and I even knew who they hung out with. I cared about my grades and keeping them good for what my father’s thought would be good. I was the goody-good for a while. I didn’t drink, smoke, go out and stay out all night, etc. I was perfect in my dad’s eyes. That was until him.

“Who?” I whined. Zac was taking forever to show me who he wanted me to meet. We exited his house through the back door and into his backyard.

“He’s just over there.” Zac informed me, still holding and pulling me by my elbow.

“Where?” I asked, only seeing a group of girls. We suddenly stopped and my elbow was realized.

“He’s in there.” Zac told me. With that he asked the girls to move aside. When they caught sight of me they sent glares my way and then I caught sight of him. He had a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. He took a long drag from his cigarette before throwing it onto the stone porch and stepped on it, putting it out.

“Hey.” That was all he had to say and I was listening.

“Hayden, this is Kyle.”

I scowled at the memory. That was the first time I had girls glare at me. I would’ve never thought to be the one getting the glares. It was new to me and with just one word I was captivated by him. I needed to learn more about him. He was so intriguing.

That’s when I started drinking. I started hanging around him and his friends so much that I lost mine. Dana never wanted to talk to me again when she found out what I was doing. Zac and I lost contact when he moved from California to Vermont. I never saw Franky again after that party. I went to wilder parties. Ones where you couldn’t leave until you downed at least three bottles of beer and did a few vodka shots.

Another memory passed across my vision, but I didn’t want to remember it. I had already dealt with it enough times since it happened. I didn’t want to think about him. No, Kyle had ruined my life enough. I hated the fact that he had moved to my school knowing every little detail about me back then. He was sure to tell everyone and it killed me to know that.

“Hayden!” I looked up to see Lindsay dancing with Alex behind her. I rolled my eyes, but couldn’t help, but smirk. I knew I wouldn’t be taking her home tonight.

“Want to dance pretty lady?” I turned around to see a guy younger than me, beer in one hand and the other reaching out for me. I smiled politely, but denied him.

“Sorry, I don’t dance with younger guys.” I told him, smirking when his face turned into a frown.

I was again, on a mission and he wasn’t involved in it. I knew Alec would be here if I looked hard enough. He looked like one of those guys that would catch on quick and be at a party quickly. If he wasn’t then I would be looking for no reason, but I had a pretty good feeling that he would be.

“Hayden, Hayden, Hayden!” I could hear my name being chanted in the kitchen and when I watched in I could see Seth’s drunken smile as he got everyone to chant my name.

“There she is!” Someone called. Seth held up a funnel and motioned for me to come over. I shook my head.

“Sorry boys, but Hayden’s not doing any keg stands tonight.” Everyone’s face dropped and awe’s erupted from the crowd. “Sorry.” I mumbled again, leaving the kitchen. I hadn’t seen him in there so that was another room narrowed down. The only other places I hadn’t looked in were the basement which seemed to have people dancing to a different radio station and the upstairs.

I sure as hell wasn’t going to go upstairs and walk in on a couple having sex. That was a rule during my parties. Never be lead upstairs and never go up there to look for a bathroom. It would all just turn into sex. I did all of my party dancing, making out, etc. on the main floor… things I wouldn’t have normally done; Nothing good ever happened upstairs.

I made my way towards the basement door remembering where it was from the last time I was here with Lindsay, Ryan and Seth. As soon as I opened it I could smell the beer off of the breaths of those dancing on the stairs. Why they were dancing I had no clue, but when you’re drunk you’re not thinking. It’s horrible, but that’s what happens.

“Hey Hayden!” I turned to see a few guys holding beers and smiling. I rolled my eyes.

“Not tonight boys.” I said with a wink. Their smiles turned to frowns as they tried to get me to stay, but I brushed passed them and continued into the basement. The next thing I heard I really wasn’t expecting.

“Right foot; blue.” Confused I pushed closer to the center of the basement. I slipped through a couple who were dancing quick enough that I didn’t get stuck in the middle and just in time to see a guy and a girl tumble over each other and onto the white spotted Twister mat.

What was with people and playing Twister? I mean we had just done it a few weeks ago when we were all at my house.

“I win!” The guy cheered, brushing the girl off of him and getting a beer from another guy who was holding two. He took a long sip before saying. “Strip.” The girl rolled her eyes before pulling her shirt over her head. She was left in skinny jeans and a bra. The guy had obviously lost the other rounds because he was only in his boxers.

Strip Twister. Interesting party twist to the game.

“Who’s next?” The guy called. A few people shrugged, but didn’t move.

“Jones?” I looked up to see a black haired guy, smiling down.

“No-” I couldn’t remember his name at the moment, but when I heard the next voice I immediately agreed.

“I’ll do it.” Alec’s amazing accent rang through the air over the music and made me turn around. He was smiling down at me, his blonde hair looking as great as ever. “Want to join me?” He asked. Without thinking I nodded and joined him on the Twister mat.

“Let me warn you Williams. She’s pretty good.” The black haired guy sent a wink my way and smiled. I figured Alec would have some friends already. In our school if you were good looking enough you’d have people all over you you’re first few days.

“I guess we’ll have to see.” Alec chuckled, making me smile.

“Whoo! Go Jones!” I laughed at the cat calls, taking my side on the mat having Alec take the opposite side.

“Alright! Calm down.”

“Shut up Paul! Just get to the stripping.” The black haired guy whose name was Paul smacked another guy on the back of his head.

“I’ve gotta say the rules.” He muttered. I guy just shrugged and dropped his empty bottle of beer onto the side table. “Okay. Strip Twister. Rules are: There are no rules. The one that falls first is the loser and has to strip one piece of clothing. Jewelry doesn’t count.” He said looking at me. I smiled innocently, pulling my bracelets off and putting them in my pockets. “There will be three rounds.” We both looked at each other and nodded, agreeing. “Alright, then let’s begin!” The whole basement cheered.