Seduction Leads to Destruction

Chapter 22

The bells rang and the announcements started as kids hurried to make it to class on time. I decided that today I would be late. I mean I skipped yesterday; I couldn’t just jump right into the hang of things again. I had to ease myself on in so I figured ten minutes late would be good. Maybe tomorrow would be five, and so on. By Monday I might be on time for once…

With that thought, I snorted. Yeah right, Hayden Jones getting to class on time! Who was I kidding? That probably would never happen.

The halls were pretty much deserted by now other than the pot heads, teachers and staff. Well and I of course. And then there’s Lindsay…

“Haybaby!” She yelled down the hall as I shut my locker, trying to stall as much as possible.

“Lin Lin!” I yelled back, trying to come up with a random nickname to call her. I felt like that was the best that I’d come up with for now.

“I heard you and Seth went paint balling without me!” She spat, smacking my shoulder.

“Ouch.” I hissed, wincing at the bruise that I had gotten yesterday from rolling on the ground to dodge paint balls. “We were going to invite you, but it looks like someone is still on their PSMing schedule.” I instantly regretted making that comment when Lindsay kicked my shin with her heel.

“I’m not PMSing!” She hissed. Hat only made me laugh.

“We always say that when we are!” I pointed out, hurrying down the hall so she’d have to catch up before hitting or kicking me again.

“Whatever.” She mumbled, her heels echoing throughout the halls as she walked with me. “I’ll forget about it after tonight with Alex anyways.” My face scrunched up as I imagined the nasty things that they were going to do.

“Lindsay, we’ve talked about this before…” I started, shaking my head to try and get those images from my mind. “I don’t want to know what my best friend and my other friend are doing when they’re alone.”

“I thought I was your best friend!” We both didn’t bother to look up because we knew who that was.

“Sorry Sethy, I should’ve said best girl friend.” I could sense the cheeky smile he was making as he slung an arm around my shoulders.

“That’s better.”

“Who said we’re going to be home alone?” That’s when I stopped and my jaw dropped in pure disgust. What the hell was wrong with her?! “Kidding!” She sang, taking the lead in our walk, having Seth and I follow her now.

“I don’t even want to know.” Seth grumbled, shaking his head as I had done a few seconds before as if trying to get the same images out of his mind.

“No, you don’t.” I whispered to him, grabbing his hand with mine.

If anyone had seen us walking right now they could’ve mistaken us for a couple, but for those who went to this highschool knew that it was just what Seth and I did.

“You have a few hours left until our bet is over by the way.” Seth informed me, hitting his hip into mine.

“Nah uh!” I replied, shaking my head.

“Yah huh.” Seth countered, smirking. What was up with all of these players and their smirking? It was like you couldn’t find a decent guy that didn’t smirk!

“Nope.”

“Yeah.”

“No way.”

“Yes way.”

“Seth…”

“Hayden.”

“What the hell are you two talking about?!” Lindsay cried, obviously fed up with our side conversation.

“Still PMSing?” Seth whispered in my ear. I nodded my head quickly, stopping when Lindsay glared at us.

“No, I’m not!” Her hands clenched into fists as she glared harder at us. This was one of those moments in cartoons that you watch when you’re younger where a character gets so angry that smoke started fuming from their ears. Lindsay had that look going on right now.

“It was just a bet that we made yesterday when we were paintballing without yo-” I elbowed Seth in the ribs, hard. Did he want Lindsay madder?! I mean serious! She was already steaming. I could boil water on her head!

“Just a stupid bet because I beat Seth. He has to do everything I say for the next 24 hours.” I informed her.

“But Hayden doesn’t get that,” He gasped for air as he rubbed his side where I elbowed him, “it started as soon as she beat me, not whenever she wanted.” He explained. I rolled my eyes.

“Wrong! It started when I wanted it to start.”

“No.”

“Yes!”

“No way!”

“Yes way!”

“Well, you two settle that and I’ll be leaving, I’ve got to pee.” Lindsay muttered, slinging her purse up and onto her shoulder. “See you two later. I’ll deal with skipping without me later.” With that she started to walk away.

“Don’t forget to change your tampon!” Seth yelled after her.

Linds whipped around quickly and stuck both middle fingers high into the air for both of us to see. Seth started to chuckle as he took ni the reaction that he expected.

“You’re such an idiot.” I laughed, walking towards my classroom. It was about ten minutes, right?

“You love me!” Seth laughed, kissing my cheek.

Butterflies were set off in my stomach as he did so. I was kind of upset as he pulled away quickly and continued to chuckle at Lindsay. I took that moment to really look at Seth.

His long, black, straight hair and his bluish-green eyes both made him unique. Not too many guys had long hair like him. It was kind of sexy that was he swished his head to the side so his bangs were out of his face. I wasn’t usually attracted to guys like Seth, but the first day I met him I knew he was different. Seth’s smart ass comments and his cocky remarks along with the way he kissed me that made me like him.

The way he laughed and enjoyed life any way it came at him, the good and the bad. He made everything look so simply, so fun and carefree. It wasn’t and I knew that. I was one of many who had been through many things that changed the way we walked the earth.

Losing things we worked so hard to achieve. Seth dealt with a problem when it came to him. He didn’t plan ahead either. I wanted what he had, what he did every day. It seemed so easy.

“I only have a few hours?” I questioned, biting my lip, thinking.

“I guess I’ll let you start now. Twenty-four hours starting now.” He told me, smiling.

“I want you to kiss me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter. I haven't written on this story since September, I know. I didn't have a good idea on where to go with the story. I had inspiration so I wrote this chapter. I can get chapters out faster now so hopefully I will be able to keep up and update more than a month or a few months...