Seduction Leads to Destruction

Chapter 25

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I muttered under my breath as the two guys came towards us.

“Just in time, we just sat down.” My father informed the both of them.

“Well that’s good. I thought we were going to be late.” My father and his friend gave each other one of those weird guy handshake and hug things, making me roll my eyes. I had seen them do it plenty of times before.

“Good to see you and Hayden took a bit getting ready so I thought we were going to be late.” They both laughed, patting each other on the back before shrugging into the rounded booth. Next to me sat my brother and my dad and then his friend who came right to the edge of the booth on their side.

Internally groaning I looked up into the greenish-blue eyes that held so many memories and bit my lip.

“Son, why don’t you take the seat next to Hayden catch up? You two haven’t seen each other in a while.” My father ushered him into the booth next to me and I instantly felt uncomfortable.

Too bad my father didn’t know the whole story behind our ‘relationship’, if you could even call it one. We saw one another almost every day now even though our exchanging of words had stopped.

“So, how have you been?” Their conversation started where ours stayed silent. Instead I tuned them out and tried to mess with Chris rather than have to face this jackass next to me.

“You’ve got to talk to me sooner or later.” He whispered in my ear as I watched Chris play a game on his IPod. I tried not to make eye contact as I continued to look down at Chris’s video game. When I felt a hand rest against my knee I sighed.

“Kyle, we’ve got nothing to talk about. Now, take your hand off of my knee.” My voice was low, but it held the threat deeply.

When the hand didn’t move, I reached mine down and placed it over his. His grip tightened a bit as I tried to pry it off, finger by finger. By the time I got to his pinky, his other hand rested on my thigh. I ground my teeth together, probably making a terrible noise, but I didn’t care, he was bugging the shit out of me!

“For one last time, take your grimy hands off of me!”

“What would you like to order?” The peppy voice cut into my death glare, causing me to turn and face her. She wasn’t bad looking at all. She was actually pretty with her dark red curls and big blue eyes. I was kind of hoping she’d get Kyle’s attention. I glanced over her name tag, reading her name carefully.

Sabrina.

Even her name was pretty! Yet, no looks from her to Kyle or the other way around. You hear about girls getting jealous when the pretty waitress flirts with their guy, but when you want it to happen, it doesn’t. You end up getting the opposite. Well, so some extent and what I got was different from what I thought would happen.

“And you Miss.” Her eyelashes fluttered as she turned towards me, sitting in her hip a little so her butt stuck out a bit.

“Um, can I get a sprite and some Chicken Alfredo?” She nodded, giving me a quick smile before moving onto Kyle. Their conversation was quick, no time spent on unnecessary flirting or handing over numbers, nothing. My lips pursed at the situation. What was wrong with people lately?

First, I get denied. Not to sound cocky or anything, but I had never been turned down before.

Second, I get stuck with two assholes in one day.

And third, this waitress doesn’t even second glance at Kyle. Instead she takes our orders, smiles towards me and then sashays away.

“What the hell?” I muttered under my breath. Today was really confusing for me.

“Damn.” Kyle must’ve been thinking the same thing as he watched Sabrina walk away from us.

“I know. I think your little friend has got a problem. He didn’t jump in excitement when she started to talk.”

“Hey, he’s not little.” He defended rather harshly, his hand instinctively falling to his jeans. “You’ve seen him.” He finally pointed out. I rolled my eyes.

“I was drunk you asshole. That’s probably why I didn’t enjoy it very much.” I hissed. He just rolled his eyes back, looking back in the direction of where our little waitress pranced off.

“She is totally into you.” My head snapped up, my eyebrows scrunching together and my jaw falling slightly.

“What the hell are you talking about?” I asked. It was a good thing neither our fathers nor my brother were paying attention. Our conversations weren’t always the best ones to listen in on. “No she isn’t.” I told him rather harshly. It wasn’t like I was against anyone’s sexuality or anything, but there was no way.

“Did you not see the way she looked at you, the way she batted her eyelashes or the way she stood, sticking her butt out towards her.” My cheeks warmed up a bit as I thought about everything. “And that smile. Damn, if it was towards me I would’ve taken that girl here on the table-” Before I could finish I smacked him in the chest, taking his breath away for a second while I warned him,

“Stop that talk in front of my brother. I don’t want him corrupt like you.”

“I’m not corrupt!” My eyes narrowed and I gave him a look as if saying, ‘want examples?’ He didn’t fight with me any longer, instead he decided to ignore me and continue on with our waitress. “She definitely gave you her flirting smile.” I groaned.

“Will you shut up?”

“Hayden, its okay to think she’s hot. I mean I do, even thinking about the two of you together…” He trailed off and my face twisted in disgust.

“You’re revolting, do you know that?”

“What?! Two girls are hot. I’d love it if you were lesbian.”

“I’m not and even if I were, you’re still gross. We’re in a restaurant and you’re getting a boner thinking about her and me.” He smirked, his eyes landing on me rather heavily.

“I had one when I entered this place, thinking about sitting here next to you…” He leaned in a bit, making me squirm as I had to stay where I was because of Chris who was still playing his video game. “Teasing you all night long.” His hand started its path once again, traveling up my thigh and getting rather close to the hem of my dress.

That’s when I jumped up. Smacking his hand against the table which thankfully got it from my leg, but it also got everyone else’s attention as well. I cleared my throat awkwardly before apologizing to the people next to us and excusing myself to the restroom. I could’ve sworn on the way out of the booth Kyle grabbed my butt, but I wasn’t too sure so I didn’t say a word.

My heart was beating quicker than normal and it kind of shocked me. Kyle had this effect on me. No matter what he did it always did something to me. This time, even though I’d rather not say it, I was kind of turned on by it. My breath was shallower than I remember it being and my palms were a bit clammy.

“Why?” I mumbled aloud as I stared at myself in the mirror of the women’s restroom.

Why did my body react this way? It was betraying me by doing all of this. After everything Kyle has put me through, done to me, done with me! Yet, I still feel a ping in my heart when he speaks to me.

“Are you okay?” My heart shot over to the door. I hadn’t seen anyone walk in.

“I’m alright.” I told her, taking a few deep breaths.

“Is it your boyfriend?” My eyebrow rose as I held back a laugh.

“My boyfriend?” A giggle followed. Did she think Kyle and I were dating?

“That guy you were sitting with. It seemed to me you were pretty interested in him.” Sabrina made her way towards the sink, turning it on and sticking her hands underneath.

“Not even close. More like he’s interested in me.” I lied, my mind telling the real words inside of my head.

‘I’ve still got a school girl crush on him.’

“Gotcha. Well, if the way he looked at you was any indication,” She turned the knob on the sink and shook her hands, letting a few droplets of water fall off of them, “he’s really into you.” She finally ended, grabbing a paper towel and wiping her hands off.

I continued to watch as she grabbed a lipstick from her pocket and reapplied a layer. I didn’t know how long I was staring, but it seemed to catch her attention.

“Are you messing with me?” She asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Huh?”

“I mean I didn’t think you saw it so I’m guessing you’re not,”

I finished for her, “Lesbian?” She nodded her head, her cheeks tinting a shade darker than usual. “No, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to lead you on right now or anything! I ju-” She immediately pressed a finger to my lips to keep me from rambling on. When I finally stopped talking, she let out a hearty laugh and withdrew her pale finger.

“It’s okay. I figured that when I tried a few things and I didn’t get your attention that you’d back for the other team.” Winking in my direction and then turning towards the door she said to me, “I can see what you two have going on and if I didn’t know any better I’d say tease him. Mess with him like he messed with you.” With that she was gone and once again I was in the bathroom by myself.

What did she mean by ‘if I didn’t know any better’? She didn’t know what our relationship was like. ‘Mess with him like he messed with you.’ I had no clue what she was trying to get at, but her words seemed to fit into my situation perfectly. I had to mess with him like he did with me. I had to go back to my game of teasing. I had to forget about the past and focus on the present and it held payback.

Shaking my head and trying to refocus on what I had to do, I made my way back out the door from the women’s room and into the rest of the restaurant.

By the time I reached our table Sabrina must’ve already been there because our food and drinks were placed on the table and everyone was grabbing their utensils so we could all eat.

“That was fast.” I commented as I walked up to the booth, pursing my lips a bit as Kyle didn’t look up at me.

He kept doing the opposite of what I wanted. When I wanted him to look he didn’t and when I didn’t want him to, he did. He was really confusing, but in all of the years that I had known him I knew how to get his attention.

By playing dirty.

It didn’t take long for me to slid into the booth, pressing my butt up against Kyle for a few seconds as he tried to stand up and let me move past.

As the dinner went on I added a few more teases here and there, lightly brushing my hand against his or rubbing our legs together slightly. I had to work my way up. At first he had no clue what was going on and that was good. By the end of the night when we were paying for our check he had his eyes on me.

Sabrina’s voice rung through our ears as we made our way towards the door of the restaurant, “Hope you had a nice meal and come back again soon!” A was smile still on her lips. When we got closer to her she grabbed a piece of paper from her notepad, placing it quickly in my hand when we walked by. I pretended it didn’t happen, but when I looked at Kyle he had a very suggestive look in his eyes and a smirk on his lips.

Throughout the rest of the walk to our cars he watched my every move.

I had to pretend nothing affected me. This was all a game and he was going to lose whether he liked it or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here ya go. It may be a filler, but you meet Sabrina.