Status: Active -- Please read my message in the comment section of this story!

Forever Yours

Sarah's Secret

Image
banner by music's.got.control.

Image
banner made by me!

Why am I lying to my family? Nick silently asked Sarah as he looked into her eyes.

Please don't tell them anything, please… I promise as soon as we get home, I'll tell you everything, Sarah once again begged. Nick nodded and Sarah sighed with relief. She then leaned up and placed a tender kiss on Nick's cheek. They continued to stare at each, unsure of how they where supposed to handle each other. Just then Joe cleared his voice.

Nick looked over at his brother with a sheepish grin. "Sorry, so… who wants to tell me what happened?" Nick asked looking between his brother and Billie. Both Billie and Joe looked down at their hands, avoiding everyone's gaze. Nick and Sarah shared a look.

"Okay then, how 'bout this, who started the fight?" he asked. The question caused Billie to wince.

"I did," she admitted, "I don't know why, but she just makes me so jealous," Billie claimed, her eyes beginning to fill with tears. Joe tenderly, carefully took Billie's face into his hand, forcing her to look at him.

"Billie, I don’t know how many times I'm supposed to tell you this… I married you… not Stacy. I love you… not Stacy. I want to spend the rest of my life with you… not Stacy." Billie looked over at Joe, her eyes overflowing with tears.

"I know you love me, that was never in question… but Stacy is…"

"Nothing," interrupted not allowing Billie to finish her sentence. "Stacy means nothing to me, if she did I would have married her, not you. So you need to get it through your head. I love you, Billie. 'Til' Death Do Us Part'… remember?" Billie nodded. They sat there for a while, just staring at each other. After several moments of silence Sarah turned to Nick.

We should leave them in peace, her eyes silently told him, and Nick nodded in agreement. Silently they left, not even bothering to tell Joe and Billie that they were leaving. Nick lead Sarah to the car and helped her in. Once they were both settled in the cab, Sarah turned to Nick.

"That was something, huh?" she asked clearly trying to avoid the question Nick would ask. Nick nodded. He knew that they needed to talk, but Nick was sure that doing it in the car, would not be a good idea.

"Joe and Billie have always been stubborn. They met in their freshman year of college and didn’t actually get together until almost seven years later," Nick explained.

"Really?" Sarah asked shocked.

"Really… Stacy is Joe's ex-girlfriend. It turned out that she was just using Joe and he broke up with her. Now she's Joe's bosses assistant, and from what I've heard, she is trying her hardest to make life difficult for the both of them."

"Well it's clear that Billie is allowing her to win," Sarah commented softly.

"It would seem so," Nick agreed as he pulled into his house. Nick got out of the car and walked over to help Sarah out.

"Do you think Billie is going to hate me when she learns of who and I am and lying to her?" Sarah asked as they walked toward the house.

"If she's going to hate you, then she'll have to hate me, since I'm the one that told you to go with the idea. Heck the idea was mine to begin with. If anyone is to blame – it's me," Nick said trying to give Sarah some relief.

***

They walked into the house and Nick led Sarah into the living room. Sarah sat down nervously, knowing what was about to happen.

"I suppose that you want to know…" Sarah trailed off.

"Only if you want to tell me," Nick replied softly. Sarah looked at Nick in shock. It was clear by his eyes that he wanted to know of the secret that she carried within, but he didn’t seem to be trying to force the matter out of her. Sarah looked down at her hands and studied them.

Sarah knew that Nick had a right to know, she knew that she should have told Nick her secret before he offered to be her boyfriend. Sarah knew that she had no one else to blame but herself if Nick threw her out on the streets tonight. Sarah didn’t want to tell Nick her secret, in fact Sarah would have much rather gone on pretending that she wasn’t going through the ordeal. Of course she couldn’t just wish the matter away. An innocent life was at stake and Sarah wasn’t about to cause that life any harm.

Sarah looked back over at Nick and sighed.

"In order for you to understand, you need to hear the entire story," she stated.

"I'll listen," Nick promised. Sarah knew that he was being honest, she knew that he wouldn't do any drastic with the news that she was about to share with him. News that technically Nick didn’t even need to worry about – himself. But know what kind of guy Nick was, she couldn’t see him walking away from her news.

"Six months ago I was living a normal life – well as normal as a highly publicized socialite can get. I went to parties, made appearances, and tried my best to keep my nose clean. Within the next three weeks my entire life hit a major stumbling block." Sarah breathed. She just had to spit it out, Nick had a right to know and that was just what she was going to have to keep telling herself.

"I was raped," Sarah whispered. She had learned not to be touch over the ordeal, she had learned that crying didn’t really help – it just gave her a major headache.

"Oh… god, Sarah," Nick breathed. Sarah could tell that he wanted to take her into his arms, but he held back – for that she was thankful.

"After it happened I went straight to my grandfather's house. He called his physician and they checked me out trying to make sure that nothing damaging had happened. My grandfather and I both decided that we wanted to put it behind us, so we decided against going to the cops, and telling my parents. For two months I lived in fear – in my own home. I worried about the man coming back for me, I worried about him entering my house and killing me – after raping me again, just for good measure. I was so fearful of my life that minor things would set me off." Sarah looked up at Nick, noticed that he was struggling with his own emotions. Sarah gently took Nick's hands into her own, holding them carefully.

"Finally grandfather convinced me that I needed to talk to someone, talk about my fears, so I went to see a psychiatrist. It was stupid at first. I was told in the beginning that the only way to get over the fear was to try and face that fear head on, but there was an issue with that. I had no idea who had raped me, I didn’t want to know. So the shrink told me that maybe talking about it and reliving it – over and over – would help. For a while that's what we did. I relived the pain, relived the fear, until that fear and the pain were no longer controlling me. I was so close to getting better, when some news hit me." Sarah looked down at her stomach. She smoothed the fabric over her small bump and looked over at Nick. He was looking down at her stomach in shock.

"I learned I was pregnant," she whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Seventh Chapter!

Thanks to

BSMSGIRL08
His. Southern. liar.
music's.got.control.
&
xSimplyxMadxHatterx


For Commenting on the last chapter.

Also thanks to music's.got.control. for my first banner! I'll be e-mailing you after I get this chapter out, about your character!

The last chapter was the last time that I was going to accept characters for banner's...


Important Notice

So... Some sad news... my computer crashed and everything that I've had written so far is gone. I wanted to give everyone something, and this is sort of what I had written before, only different, because I had to go based on what I remembered writing. It will be several days before I get anything else out, in any of the other chapters... plus I promised a reader that I would be in their contest (I have it written on paper, but I still need to move it to the computer). Please be patient with me, and know that I will get other chapters in this story and in my others out soon. The next chapter I'm going to work on is for 'In Blind Faith' - so be on the look out!