Clouds

Clouds.

Image
Courtesy of bobbin007

As she lay in the grass, looking up at the clouds, her mind wandered. Images filled her head: his shiny new shoes, his dark hair flicking into his eyes, his slender fingers that fit so perfectly between hers.

Her rouge covered lips perked upwards into a loving smile as the memory of his smell passed by her nose. She closed her eyes, imagining the feeling of her face buried into the crook of his neck; inhaling the scent of his skin; his soft hands caressing her pale form.

Her eyes fluttered open to scan the sky. She watched as clouds drifted lazily over head; listened to the birds calling songs of, she had no doubt, love.

Yet she knew. She knew this was false. A façade, created to cover the wrong. She slowly chewed on her lip; a nervous habit of hers that he loved.

Gazing above her head, shapes began to form. A girl. A boy. A heart. Tears spilled from her sparkling eyes as more clouds took shape. A boy. A gun. A broken heart.

Standing carefully, she stepped forwards. The salty smell of sea water filled her nostrils as she reached the spot he'd knelt before her, sliding the ring onto her finger.

She looked up a final time, twisting the silver band, to see his face, lips forming the shape of her name. Wiping the tears from her flushed cheeks, she closed her eyes. She stepped out onto the cold sea air, reaching out her hand. He took her outstretched fingers, filling the gaps between them with his own.

As the freezing waves swallowed her body, she was smiling as they walked away, hand in hand, into the clouds.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first mibba creation. Your opinion matters to me. =]

XX