Status: Will be updated :)

I Don't Want You! Or Maybe I Do

Chapter Nine

-- Kate's POV --

I woke up the next morning to see Cass and Michelle.
"Good morning Sunshine." They both smile at me. I smile a small smile back, still tired. Michelle was looking at Belle.
"Can I hold her?" She asked. I nodded. A smile appeared on her face as she held Belle.
"She has Shaun's eyes." Cass said, looking down at her.
"Oh, she does too." Michelle agreed.
"Really?" I asked, looking at her. I hadn't noticed, but she did have his eyes.
"What are you going to do about Shaun?" Michelle asked. I shrugged. I really hadn't thought about it. Only that I didn't want to get hurt again. I didn't want Belle to get hurt either.
"Guys, I know Shaun may make a few really dumb decisions, but it's his kid too. You can't just leave, Katie." Cass said. Michelle and I looked at her in shock. Did she just...defend him? "What?" She asked as we stared. Michelle snapped out of it, turning to me.
"She has a point, Kate." She said. I nodded. What they said was true, but...what if he hurts me again? "The doctor came in before. He said you could go home today." Michelle said. I smiled. Good, I finally get to leave this place. I hated hospitals, and doctors.

-- A few hours later --

Cass, Michelle, Belle and I walked out of the hospital towards Cass' car. Parked beside it was Shaun's car. Shaun was leaning against the car, wearing his sunglasses to block out the already hot sun.
"Hey." He smiled his huge (adorable) smile at me, hugging and kissing me. I kissed back. Even though I had thought of leaving him, I couldn't. No matter how many times he's hurt me, I always went back. I loved him, with all my heart and soul. I put Belle in the baby seat. Cass and Michelle had left already. I closed the back door, turning around into Shaun. He put his hands on my hips, resting his forehead against mine. I put my hands on his chest. "I am sorry about all the times I've hurt you." He whispered, looking into my eyes. "I don't mean to, but I always do. I don't deserve a girl like you." Had Cass and Michelle spoken to him? I kissed him softly. He smiled a little. I got into the passenger seat of his car, while he walked around and got into the driver's seat. We drove home, singing loudly along to the radio, talking and laughing.

Shaun got Belle out of the car when we got home. I had to admit, I was a little scared he'd drop her or something. It's not that I don't trust him, it's just that he's not one of the most careful people in the world.
"Calm down Kate, I won't drop her." He assured me. I unlocked and opened the door for him. He continued to the couch, sitting down, still looking down at Belle. It was adorable. I stood back, smiling at the two. Maybe he wouldn't hurt us (again) after all. Shaun looked over at me. The smile remained on his face, as if it was permanent. I walked over, sitting beside him. I kissed him on the cheek, resting my head on his shoulder. He passed Belle to me, resting his head on mine. It was like we were a real family...like I'd always imagined one to be like. "Katie, is everything okay?" Shaun asked, as a tear rolled down my cheek. I nodded, smiling up at him.
"Yeah, everything's perfect." I told him quietly.

-- Late that night --

I was awoken to crying. I sat up, before I realised. That was Belle crying. I got out of bed, sleepily. Shaun was still asleep. Lucky. I walked into the next room, which was Belle's room. I walked over to the crib, picking her up.
"Shh." I said quietly, rocking her a little. She became a little quieter as I rocked her. I fed her, and she stopped crying. I kissed the top of her head, before placing her back in the crib. I stood their for a little while, as she drifted off back to sleep. I walked back into mine and Shaun's room, hopping back into the bed. A pair of arms wrapped around me, pulling me close. I smiled.
"I love you." He whispered in my ear.
"I love you too." I kissed him. The kiss was full of passion, wanting, love. We'd never kissed like this. My fingers entwined in his hair, his hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me even closer (if that was even possible). What was with his sudden change in behaviour? Not that I minded, of course. It was like he thought he was going to lose me. Cass and Michelle must've told him. I pulled away, looking at him.
"Did Cass and Michelle talk to you? At the hospital?" I asked him. He nodded.
"They said you were thinking of leaving, because of what I did. I keep hurting you, and I truly am sorry. I don't mean to, it just...happens. I really do love you." He told me, looking sad. I hugged him, kissing his cheek.
"I was thinking of leaving. But, I can't. I love you. And Belle's your daughter as well, I can't take her away from her father." I admitted.
"Well, I'm glad you're not leaving." He smiled. "So am I." We fell asleep in each others' arms. Man, I loved this boy. I don't know why (after all he did), but I did, with all my heart.