Status: On a small hiatus, just revising and editing. I love this story and I'm working hard to post more of it.

Speechless

Branded

Daphne watched her forlorn sister walked out of the compartment. She wanted more than anything to take Stella's place, but she couldn't. No matter how hard she wished, hoped, or prayed she would never be able to switch places with her sister. Daphne paced the compartment back and fourth in distress. She couldn't help but blame herself in some way for her sister's current situation. If only she had been the stronger sister like she should have been the day of their father's death, then the dark lord would have summoned her to the meeting instead. However the past won't change and there was nothing Daphne could do otherwise. All she could do now was hope for her sister's safety as Stella followed through with the dark lord's plans.



Daphne paced the foyer as she waited for her mother and sister to return from Borgin and Burkes. The Death Eaters meeting was tonight and she was a nervous wreck waiting for the news. It was well passed midnight and there was still no sign of them returning.

"Oh for Merlin sake please come home already!" She exasperated. It was if those were the magic words, for as soon as she said it her sister and mother were there in front of her. Daphne looked at both their faces and her heart dropped. Sorrow was in her mother's eyes and the sparkle in Stella's eyes were gone. Stella looked horrified. Daphne was dying to know what happened now, no matter how bad the answer was. "What happened? What did he do?"

Stella looked at Daphne with sadness in her eyes before pulling back the sleeve of her shirt. "I've been branded Daphne... I've been branded with the Dark Mark." Daphne embraced her sister, letting her cry on her shoulder. Daphne looked toward her mother with confusion. Mrs. Greengrass looked back with sorrow etched on every feature of her face.

"I must... I must go." Diana spoke to her children. "I have to find away for you to be safe Stella. I just can not loose you too. I'm so sorry you were dragged into this... I never wanted this for you... I just... I'll be back. I need to talk with Narcissa." With that their mother left, leaving the sisters in their embrace.

"Tell me what happened Stella. Why were you branded?" Daphne spoke after a moment of silence. Daphne pulled away but still kept hold of her sister's shoulders.

"He said that I have to take dad's place because he is dead. He already gave me two task to carry out this school year." Stella said her nose a little pink from crying. She pulled a locket out from under the neckline of her shirt. "One task is to make sure I protect this locket and the second task he gave me was to make sure Draco doesn't get distracted from his task."

"Draco is a Death Eater now? What are his tasks?" Daphne asked astounded at the news. Stella's face grew serious.

"I can not tell you. You have to swear to me you will not speak a word of this to anyone Daphne. This next year you have to carry on like you know nothing. You have to act like you usually would. Okay?" Daphne could only nod her head in response. "Daphne do I have your word?"

"Yes Stella, you know you have my word. I will act like I usually would. I promise."


"Hey Daphne! What are you doing here all alone for?"Tracey Davis asked as she popped her head in the compartment. "Blasie and Theodore went to get some sweets off the trolly for us. Theodore told me to come find you and bring you back to our compartment. So come on then!" Tracey said walking away. Daphne followed Tracey out of the compartment. She promised Stella she would act like nothing was wrong and she intended to follow through with that promise. It was the least she could do for her sister.

Stella walked silently to the restrooms, trying desperately to keep her mind off of every thing that has happened, off of everything that will happen. She looked around at all the other students. She watched them interact with each other. Compartment after compartment she passed was full with students laughing, smiling, and joking. A scowl formed its way on to her face as she watched them. Jealous that they had a stress free summer. Jealous that they didn't have to deal with the things she was having to deal with. Jealous that they had no idea what was really going on.

"Don't you see it was a ceremony. A initiation." Stella heard walking past one particular compartment. Curious she walked slowly over to the compartment and secretly peeked in.

"Stop Harry I know where you're going with this." Stella looked at the people in the compartment scowling when she saw the 'golden trio.' She quietly listened, eager to know what they were talking about.

"It's happened. He's one of them" Harry stated. Stella's eyebrows furrowed.

"One of what?" Ron asked.

"Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater." Hermione answered with a roll of her eyes. Stella covered her mouth, gasping into her hand.

They couldn't possibly know! This is bad, real bad... I have to tell Draco! Stella thought as she walked frantically, pushing everyone out of her way, receiving a few angry shouts of protest. She hurriedly threw open every compartment she passed, looking for the only blonde headed boy she knew so well. After opening a few compartments Stella finally found the one she was looking for.

Stella scowled at the sight in front of her. There sat Stella's worst enemy with her arm draped around Stella's fiance, twirling his hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I didn't post this sooner cause no one read the first one... :( but I figured I should post more chapters before I just give up.... SO here is Chapter 2. I will post the next chapter soon.