Status: On a small hiatus, just revising and editing. I love this story and I'm working hard to post more of it.

Speechless

Long Talk

The Great Hall filled with silence as Draco and Stella walked in, all eyes falling on the two Slytherin students. All the houses started to whisper about the closeness of the pair. Draco scowled at everyone as he passed, while Stella kept her gaze down. Draco pulled her to their designated table and sat down wrapping an arm around Stella's shoulders. Stella looked up at all the students around her and glared.

"Take a picture it'll last longer!" She sneered in a loud angry voice. Everyone quickly looked away and started to quietly whisper and carry on eating.

"You need to eat Stella," Daphne piped in. Stella looked up at her sister who sat across from her and shook her head.

"I'm not at all hungry," She confessed as she subconsciously leaned into Draco. He shook his head at her before removing his arm from her shoulders and starting to place some food on her plate. He couldn't stand the sight of her like this and it killed him to know that he hurt her badly after they found out the news of their marriage. Stella was his best friend and was always there for him, no matter what, and he turned his back on her greatest time of need. He was surprised at how easily she had forgiven him, but was completely thankful for it. He didn't know how much longer he could have gone with out her.

Daphne smiled at Draco gratefully. Stella was not the same girl she was before summer break, but Daphne knew that if Draco kept this up, she'd have her sister back in no time. She wondered when Draco would realized he loved Stella. Her sister has loved Draco since they were little, but would constantly deny it to anyone who asked. Though one time in her third year, Stella's second, she remembered Stella crying over Draco.

Stella ran up the dormitory stairs, with tears flowing down her face, to her room. She had just seen Draco snogging with Pansy and was devastated. Daphne rushed to her sister's side upon seeing her in this state.

"Stella, what's wrong? Are you okay? What happened?" Questions flowed from Daphne's mouth. Stella clung onto her sister, crying onto her shoulder. Daphne didn't know how to react to this. She wasn't use to Stella crying over anything, she was too head strong.

"I saw... I saw Draco snogging with Parkinson. I knew it would happen! She's been all over him since he got hurt by that Hippogriff." Stella sniffed and pulled away from her sister and wiping at her eyes.

"Your crying over Draco? A boy you keep saying you have no feelings for?" Daphne stated slowly, with a knowing smirk playing across her face. Stella glared harshly and pushed Daphne away from her.

"Oh sod off! Your not helping at all!" She yelled. Daphne rolled her eyes at her sister's behavior. Stella could be such a brat sometimes.

"You like him, just admit that!" Daphne said as she watched her sister walk toward the door. Stella turned around and continued to glare at her.

"So what if I do like him Daphne? He's never going to feel the same way about me! I'm only a second year, who is nothing more than his best friend, he will never see me as anything more!" Stella was frustrated at herself for falling for Draco. She knew she'd never be able to have him for herself and was foolish for thinking she had a chance all these years.

"Maybe you should just tell him how you feel about him? Your the only one he treats nicely and vise versa." Daphne suggested with a small shrug. Stella was always nicer to Draco than anyone else, even Daphne.

"No don't be so stupid, he'll never see me as anything more. It's best if I just forget about any feelings I have for him other than friendship. I'd rather have him as my best friend than to not have him at all. I don't love him Daphne and I no longer like him. Just forget about any of this." Stella said.

"Who are you trying to fool? You can't just say you don't love him? Love doesn't have a on or off spell Stella." Daphne was clearly annoyed now. She just wanted her sister to be happy and the only way that would happen is if she finally got with Draco.

"Well I don't Daphne, believe what you will but I'm over it." Stella retorted before stomping out of the room. Daphne knew however that Stella was trying to convince herself that more than anyone else.


"Daphne's right. You need all the energy you can get." Draco said before placing his arm back around her. Daphne once again smiled at him to which he just gave a small nod.

"What about you? I don't see you eating." She glared, looking up at him. He rolled his eyes at her before grabbing a roll off her plate and ate it. Draco looked at her expectantly, to which Stella just rolled her eyes and started eating to please him. After eating a few bites of the food on her plate, Stella started fiddling with her thumbs before looking up at the sound of Harry and Luna entering the room. Draco let out a low growl before tearing his gaze away from them. Stella sensed Draco's uneasiness and placed her hand on his thigh, giving it a reassuring squeeze. He looked at her with a half smile as the lights started to dim. Stella turned her gaze to see Dumbledore with his hand raised at the enchanted ceiling, moving clouds to shroud the moon. Stella felt her stomach lurch and quickly looked away from Dumbledore. She paid no attention to her headmaster as he started in on his welcoming speech. She was to busy losing herself in her own thoughts about their tasks.

Draco can't kill Dumbledore, I don't think his will is strong enough. I know I am suppose to make sure Draco succeeds with his tasks, but if Draco can't kill Dumbledore does it mean I have too? I can not kill him... I'm not a killer and neither is Draco... Then there is Professor Snape... He knows about mine and Draco's tasks. He was there when we got the mark. What else does he know? This isn't how I wanted my life. I never wanted to be a Death Eater. I never wanted Draco to be a Death Eater. Stella battled with herself. Draco looked around bored before pulling out his wand and started to levitating his fork, Stella looked at him amused.

"Now off to bed, pip pip!" Dumbledore's voice rang as he clapped. Draco stood up and held his hand out for Stella to take, which she did. Draco made his way to the seventh floor corridor, making sure he wasn't being followed. Stella walked behind Draco quietly, knowing already they were headed to the room of requirements. Neither said a word as they walked into the mysterious room with junk laying all around. In the middle of the mess stood a tall piece of furniture covered in a sheet. Draco grabbed the sheet and revealed the vanishing cabinet underneath it. He stepped back and took in the sight. Draco opened the cabinet and looked inside. It was broken terribly and he knew it would take him forever to fix.

"This is going to take all year!" Draco growled slamming the cabinet door. Stella rolled her eyes before looking at the trinkets around her.

"You know Harry already believes you are a Death Eater. Why would you do that to him? It's only convincing him further that you are one." Stella scolded, crossing her arms. She wouldn't care if they were under different circumstances, but giving the current situation she was not to pleased with what he did.

"Oh please, don't tell me your on his side." Draco replied angrily. He couldn't believe she was getting on to him about that. He thought she'd be pleased to know he dealt with him.

"Of course I'm not on his side. He deserved it, but I don't think its wise to draw such attention." Stella told him before grabbing the sheet off the floor and throwing it over the cabinet again. "Lets not worry about this tonight Draco. I'm tired and I would rather be rested for our first day of classes." Draco merely nodded in response and followed Stella out of the room. Making sure they weren't followed they walked their way back to the Slytherin common room.

"Where have you two been?" Blaise asked once he saw the two enter the common room.

"Snogging, I bet." Tracey giggled with everyone else. Stella and Draco rolled their eyes.

"Shouldn't you lot be in bed already!" Draco snapped. Everyone stopped laughing quickly and got up to leave for bed. Draco smirked. Them fearing him, made him feel like he had power, when everyone else in his life made him feel weak and like nothing.

"Draco can we sit down here for a while?" Stella begged, pulling Draco over to the couch. Draco simply nodded and sat down next to her.

"it's been a while since we just got to sit and talk, hasn't it?" Draco spoke kicking his feet up on to the table in front of him. He watched as Stella tensed a little and gave him a weak smile.

"Yes it has," She mumbled a reply. Draco frowned and looked away from her ashamed. He should have never gotten so mad at her.

"I'm so sorry Stella," He told her with all the sincerity he could muster up. He still felt horrible about it. "I didn't mean to hurt you." Stella shook her head at him. She didn't want him to apologize. Yes she was still upset about what he had done, but she just wanted their dispute to be over with so they could once again be friends.

"Draco, please don't. I don't want to hear you say I'm sorry. Its fine, its in the past, whats done is done." She told him. Draco sighed angrily.

"How can you just forgive me for that? You've been there for me for basically my whole life. You got detention with me our first year for refusing to let me spy on Potter alone. You sat by my bedside when I got scratched by the hippogriff. You hexed Granger when you found out she punched me. You ran and got McGonagall when Moody turned me into a ferret. And that's only a few things you have done for me. You've done so much for me and I repaid you by abandoning you when you actually needed me. But yet you still sit there and forgive me, why? Is it because I said I needed you and you thought you had to be there for me like all those other times?" Draco ranted. He just couldn't believe that she forgave him so easily. Granted, he was thankful that she did forgive him, but at the same time he wanted her to yell at him and tell him off. But Stella didn't, she let out a small sigh and looked up at Draco, who during his rant had stood up and walked to the fire place. Stella looked into Draco's eyes and saw a swarm of emotions in them, fear, sadness, hopelessness, confusion, admiration, love, all jumbled together. Tears brimmed her eyes as she slowly started to speak.

"What do you want me to say Draco? I missed you, I missed us, our friendship. After that fight we had, I was devastated. I had lost everything. My father was murdered and my mother drifted into depression. I was branded with the Dark Mark and lost any hope I had for a normal future. My mother then decided it would be best to arrange a marriage for me, but once I found out it was my best friend I had hope again. You see, my best friend was going through almost the exact same thing as me. I was glad to possibly have someone to talk to through out this whole ordeal. Someone who I thought would be able to comfort me and tell me that I was not alone through all this. But I was wrong, he yelled at me and told me he didn't need me at all then left me alone to descend into the depression that also took my mother. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't speak. All I could think about was the burden around my neck, the mark that tainted my skin, the safety of my future husband, and the engagement ring around my finger that he had sent by owl." Stella now had fresh tears rolling down her face. Draco just listened, feeling like the scum of the earth. Stella rested her elbows on her knees before raking her hands across her tear stained face.

"I was sick with worry about you Draco. I wanted to run to you everyday and spill my guts out like I always did if something was bothering me, but I couldn't. I didn't know what to do, the person I always went to for anything and everything didn't want me. Sure I had Daphne, but Daphne is not you Draco. Beside all she did was pity me and I didn't want that! I was already wallowing in my own self pity. So when you apologized on the train, I accepted it because of my own selfish reasons not because you needed me. I accepted it because I couldn't keep going through this hell alone. I accepted it, Draco, because I needed you." She confessed. Draco looked back at her as a unknown feeling warmed its way through his body. He walked to Stella and pulled her up gently, unsure of what was coming over him.

"You are the most unselfish person I know Stella," Draco told her before gently placing his lips on hers. This kiss was different from the quick peck they shared on the train. This kiss held the passion that has been brewing since they were kids. All the emotions they felt was poured into that kiss, leaving them both breathless. Even as they pulled apart their lips still tingled. Stella looked away as a blush creeped across her face. Draco saw this and smirked. It took all he had to not capture her lips with his again. He had wanted to do that since his third year.

"I am going to slap you if you don't stop smirking," Stella said as she playfully nudged him away. Draco's smirk only widened. He pulled her closer and fell back onto the couch with Stella in his arms.

"I quite enjoy this." He mumbled closing his eyes. Stella nodded in agreement and snuggled closer into him and looked at her ring.

"I hope this future marriage doesn't lead to destruction." She whispered twirling the ring around her finger, something she has gotten accustomed to doing.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked opening one eye to look at her. Stella looked around before placing a silencing charm on the room.

"Well it's just... I've been thinking and well... I believe the Dark Lord has sent you on a fools errand. Please don't get mad at me but honestly... kill Dumbledore? If it was so easy then why hasn't he done it? No one has been able to kill Dumbledore Draco, no one. Now I am not for one second doubting your capabilities, but think about it Draco... The Dark Lord is pissed at your father... I believe he made you a Death Eater to get back at your father and he gave you this mission hoping you would fail and be killed by Dumbledore. I think he is just using you as a decoy, other wise why else does Bella and the others need to get into the school for? There is no point in fixing the cabinet if he knew you could kill Dumbledore. If Dumbledore's attention is drawn to you, then he won't have time to react to someone else coming up and killing him." Stella confessed. After their dispute that day in the office, Stella holed herself up in her room and did nothing but think. She knew there had to be a method of madness behind Voldemort's plan to enlist two young Death Eaters.

"Stella, whether what your saying is true or not, it doesn't change anything. At least if I die by Dumbledore, The Dark Lord won't kill you or my parents. However, the Malfoy name will still be down in the mud. Then again if I succeed then our name will be restored and we dodge another spell. We'll have our place back in the world again and we will be able to carry on a normal life together. Well normal for Death Eaters maybe." Draco tried to lighten the situation but Stella didn't want none of it.

"What if you manage to kill Dumbledore and the Dark Lord still loses to Potter? Then you will be sent to Askaban for the rest of your life. You have to think of all the possible out comes Draco! Every scenario I have planned out in my head ends with you dying! We have to do something else, something that ensure's our safety! I do not want you to die on me Draco!" Stella sobbed helplessly. She never use to be the one to cry in public, but lately it seems that that's all she can do. Draco pulled Stella into him, letting her cry on his shoulder. He gently brushed his hand through her hair as she wept. He knew she had been holding all of her emotions in by the way she was crying with such ferocity. Draco thought of all she said to him and felt nothing but expectation fall onto his shoulders. His father, mother, Stella and including himself, expected him to kill Dumbledore. Their future depended on him succeeding. Stella was right, every scenario ended with him dying. The only scenario that ended good was him killing Dumbledore and Voldemort killing potter. Draco felt the effect of realization hit him hard. It was time for him to grow up and be strong. It was all he could do to not break down crying with Stella. Then it hit him, Stella talked about the Dark Lord setting him up for failure because he was angry at his parents, but what about her? What was Stella's out come in all of this?

"Stella, what about you? Yes the Dark Lord is pissed at father, but he is also upset with yours." Draco found himself asking out loud. Stella wiped at her tears as she pulled away from Draco. She had thought about this too and knew her part. Stella tugged at the locket around her neck and felt a faint stinging she had come accustomed to. She knew she was becoming weaker everyday.

"I think... I think I'm already dying Draco." Stella refused to look him in the eyes as she said this. Draco was confused, he didn't know what she had meant.

"I don't understand." He told her, "What do you mean you think your already dying?" Stella sighed and stood up before pacing in front of him.

"The locket Draco... I think it's sucking the life out of me. Little by little every day." She told him as she fiddled with the locket. Draco stood abruptly and stared at the locket around her neck. He shook his head a looked at her.

"Take it off then! Put is somewhere where no one can find it. Only wear it when you have too." Draco insisted to her. Stella just shook her head.

"I can't Draco. I think its... alive... I don't know... It just... It doesn't feel right. It has this faint ticking feeling, almost like a heartbeat. It feels like he is here in the locket. I feel like its draining me. Its heavy around my neck and it stings terribly. See for yourself..." Stella took off the locket and held it out for Draco to hold. Draco hesitantly took the locket from her hands and held it. As soon as he touched it he felt the faint ticking Stella had spoke of. The locket felt evil and deadly, Draco understood now what she had meant. He shook his head sadly and handed it back to her. "And look," Stella said as she pulled her hair to the side and turned around. There on her neck was a red mark where the necklace had sat. Draco raised his hand and touched the burn like scar around her neck.

"Stella there has to be something we can do," Draco whispered, removing his hand and turning her around to look at him. Stella looked up into Draco's icy blue orbs as she clasped the locket back around her neck.

"Draco, I have no idea what this locket is. I'm afraid if I take it off, he'll know I did and punish me for it, or worse. I can't take it off until I know how he is connected to it. This locket if far more important that it seems and I need to figure out it's importance." Stella said. Draco hung his head down.

"I hate that you have to be in this mess," Draco stated. Stella placed her hand under his chin and lifted it. She gazed into his eyes before placing a small sweet kiss on his lips. "I think I can get used to that," He smirked. Stella rolled her eyes at his remark and removed the silencing spell she had placed earlier.

"Good night Draco," She said softly before retiring to her dorm. Draco watched the silhouette of Stella retreat up the stairs before collapsing back on the couch with a large sigh. The locket Stella was forced to wear gave Draco an idea of how to kill Dumbledore. Though he was still clueless as to what to do for everything else. Once again expectation crept upon him. He had to fix the cabinet, he had to kill Dumbledore, he had to bring back his family honor, he had to protect his family and himself, but most importantly Stella. Draco was starting to sweat. He was scared and with good reason. How was he going to pull off all of this? He had to be strong for Stella's sake, for she was already falling apart. Draco wanted to tell her how terrified he was, but it would be unhelpful if they were both a mess. For the first time since Draco has known Stella, he felt alone. Sighing, he stood up and left for bed. He'd think about things tomorrow after he had some rest. Though he knew himself that rest would not come easy.

Stella paced the length of her dormitory quietly as to not wake anyone up. She had to figure a way out of this mess that Draco and her were in. Draco may have said that there is nothing they could do but try and succeed with their task, but Stella would have none of it. She knew there had to be a brighter out come for them and she was determined to make sure it happened. A plan slowly started to form it's way into her mind. First she had to talk to Snape. She had the strongest intuition that her New DADA Professor wasn't all for the Dark Lord as he seemed to be. She knew he had to know what the locket was and she aimed to figure out what that was. She was also determined to make sure Draco would be safe throughout all of this, even if that meant her own safety would be jeopardized. etely thankful for it. He didn't know how much longer he could have gone with out her.

Daphne smiled at Draco gratefully. Stella was not the same girl she was before summer break, but Daphne knew that if Draco kept this up, she'd have her sister back in no time. She wondered when Draco would realized he loved Stella. Her sister has loved Draco since they were little, but would constantly deny it to anyone who asked. Though one time in her third year, Stella's second, she remembered Stella crying over Draco.

Stella ran up the dormitory stairs, with tears flowing down her face, to her room. She had just seen Draco snogging with Pansy and was devastated. Daphne rushed to her sister's side upon seeing her in this state.

"Stella, what's wrong? Are you okay? What happened?" Questions flowed from Daphne's mouth. Stella clung onto her sister, crying onto her shoulder. Daphne didn't know how to react to this. She wasn't use to Stella crying over anything, she was too head strong.

"I saw... I saw Draco snogging with Parkinson. I knew it would happen! She's been all over him since he got hurt by that Hippogriff." Stella sniffed and pulled away from her sister and wiping at her eyes.

"Your crying over Draco? A boy you keep saying you have no feelings for?" Daphne stated slowly, with a knowing smirk playing across her face. Stella glared harshly and pushed Daphne away from her.

"Oh sod off! Your not helping at all!" She yelled. Daphne rolled her eyes at her sister's behavior. Stella could be such a brat sometimes.

"You like him, just admit that!" Daphne said as she watched her sister walk toward the door. Stella turned around and continued to glare at her.

"So what if I do like him Daphne? He's never going to feel the same way about me! I'm only a second year, who is nothing more than his best friend, he will never see me as anything more!" Stella was frustrated at herself for falling for Draco. She knew she'd never be able to have him for herself and was foolish for thinking she had a chance all these years.

"Maybe you should just tell him how you feel about him? Your the only one he treats nicely and vise versa." Daphne suggested with a small shrug. Stella was always nicer to Draco than anyone else, even Daphne.

"No don't be so stupid, he'll never see me as anything more. It's best if I just forget about any feelings I have for him other than friendship. I'd rather have him as my best friend than to not have him at all. I don't love him Daphne and I no longer like him. Just forget about any of this." Stella said.

"Who are you trying to fool? You can't just say you don't love him? Love doesn't have a on or off spell Stella." Daphne was clearly annoyed now. She just wanted her sister to be happy and the only way that would happen is if she finally got with Draco.

"Well I don't Daphne, believe what you will but I'm over it." Stella retorted before stomping out of the room. Daphne knew however that Stella was trying to convince herself that more than anyone else.


"Daphne's right. You need all the energy you can get." Draco said before placing his arm back around her. Daphne once again smiled at him to which he just gave a small nod.

"What about you? I don't see you eating." She glared, looking up at him. He rolled his eyes at her before grabbing a roll off her plate and ate it. Draco looked at her expectantly, to which Stella just rolled her eyes and started eating to please him. After eating a few bites of the food on her plate, Stella started fiddling with her thumbs before looking up at the sound of Harry and Luna entering the room. Draco let out a low growl before tearing his gaze away from them. Stella sensed Draco's uneasiness and placed her hand on his thigh, giving it a reassuring squeeze. He looked at her with a half smile as the lights started to dim. Stella turned her gaze to see Dumbledore with his hand raised at the enchanted ceiling, moving clouds to shroud the moon. Stella felt her stomach lurch and quickly looked away from Dumbledore. She paid no attention to her headmaster as he started in on his welcoming speech. She was to busy losing herself in her own thoughts about their tasks.

Draco can't kill Dumbledore, I don't think his will is strong enough. I know I am suppose to make sure Draco succeeds with his tasks, but if Draco can't kill Dumbledore does it mean I have too? I can not kill him... I'm not a killer and neither is Draco... Then there is Professor Snape... He knows about mine and Draco's tasks. He was there when we got the mark. What else does he know? This isn't how I wanted my life. I never wanted to be a Death Eater. I never wanted Draco to be a Death Eater. Stella battled with herself. Draco looked around bored before pulling out his wand and started to levitating his fork, Stella looked at him amused.

"Now off to bed, pip pip!" Dumbledore's voice rang as he clapped. Draco stood up and held his hand out for Stella to take, which she did. Draco made his way to the seventh floor corridor, making sure he wasn't being followed. Stella walked behind Draco quietly, knowing already they were headed to the room of requirements. Neither said a word as they walked into the mysterious room with junk laying all around. In the middle of the mess stood a tall piece of furniture covered in a sheet. Draco grabbed the sheet and revealed the vanishing cabinet underneath it. He stepped back and took in the sight. Draco opened the cabinet and looked inside. It was broken terribly and he knew it would take him forever to fix.

"This is going to take all year!" Draco growled slamming the cabinet door. Stella rolled her eyes before looking at the trinkets around her.

"You know Harry already believes you are a Death Eater. Why would you do that to him? It's only convincing him further that you are one." Stella scolded, crossing her arms. She wouldn't care if they were under different circumstances, but giving the current situation she was not to pleased with what he did.

"Oh please, don't tell me your on his side." Draco replied angrily. He couldn't believe she was getting on to him about that. He thought she'd be pleased to know he dealt with him.

"Of course I'm not on his side. He deserved it, but I don't think its wise to draw such attention." Stella told him before grabbing the sheet off the floor and throwing it over the cabinet again. "Lets not worry about this tonight Draco. I'm tired and I would rather be rested for our first day of classes." Draco merely nodded in response and followed Stella out of the room. Making sure they weren't followed they walked their way back to the Slytherin common room.

"Where have you two been?" Blaise asked once he saw the two enter the common room.

"Snogging, I bet." Tracey giggled with everyone else. Stella and Draco rolled their eyes.

"Shouldn't you lot be in bed already!" Draco snapped. Everyone stopped laughing quickly and got up to leave for bed. Draco smirked. Them fearing him, made him feel like he had power, when everyone else in his life made him feel weak and like nothing.

"Draco can we sit down here for a while?" Stella begged, pulling Draco over to the couch. Draco simply nodded and sat down next to her.

"it's been a while since we just got to sit and talk, hasn't it?" Draco spoke kicking his feet up on to the table in front of him. He watched as Stella tensed a little and gave him a weak smile.

"Yes it has," She mumbled a reply. Draco frowned and looked away from her ashamed. He should have never gotten so mad at her.

"I'm so sorry Stella," He told her with all the sincerity he could muster up. He still felt horrible about it. "I didn't mean to hurt you." Stella shook her head at him. She didn't want him to apologize. Yes she was still upset about what he had done, but she just wanted their dispute to be over with so they could once again be friends.

"Draco, please don't. I don't want to hear you say I'm sorry. Its fine, its in the past, whats done is done." She told him. Draco sighed angrily.

"How can you just forgive me for that? You've been there for me for basically my whole life. You read and replied to every letter I wrote you in my first year. You sat by my bedside when I got scratched by the hippogriff. You hexed Granger when you found out she punched me. You ran and got McGonagall when Moody turned me into a ferret. And that's only a few things you have done for me. You've done so much for me and I repaid you by abandoning you when you actually needed me. But yet you still sit there and forgive me, why? Is it because I said I needed you and you thought you had to be there for me like all those other times?" Draco ranted. He just couldn't believe that she forgave him so easily. Granted, he was thankful that she did forgive him, but at the same time he wanted her to yell at him and tell him off. But Stella didn't, she let out a small sigh and looked up at Draco, who during his rant had stood up and walked to the fire place. Stella looked into Draco's eyes and saw a swarm of emotions in them, fear, sadness, hopelessness, confusion, admiration, love, all jumbled together. Tears brimmed her eyes as she slowly started to speak.

"What do you want me to say Draco? I missed you, I missed us, our friendship. After that fight we had, I was devastated. I had lost everything. My father was murdered and my mother drifted into depression. I was branded with the Dark Mark and lost any hope I had for a normal future. My mother then decided it would be best to arrange a marriage for me, but once I found out it was my best friend I had hope again. You see, my best friend was going through almost the exact same thing as me. I was glad to possibly have someone to talk to through out this whole ordeal. Someone who I thought would be able to comfort me and tell me that I was not alone through all this. But I was wrong, he yelled at me and told me he didn't need me at all then left me alone to descend into the depression that also took my mother. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't speak. All I could think about was the burden around my neck, the mark that tainted my skin, the safety of my future husband, and the engagement ring around my finger that he had sent by owl." Stella now had fresh tears rolling down her face. Draco just listened, feeling like the scum of the earth. Stella rested her elbows on her knees before raking her hands across her tear stained face.

"I was sick with worry about you Draco. I wanted to run to you everyday and spill my guts out like I always did if something was bothering me, but I couldn't. I didn't know what to do, the person I always went to for anything and everything didn't want me. Sure I had Daphne, but Daphne is not you Draco. Beside all she did was pity me and I didn't want that! I was already wallowing in my own self pity. So when you apologized on the train, I accepted it because of my own selfish reasons not because you needed me. I accepted it because I couldn't keep going through this hell alone. I accepted it, Draco, because I needed you." She confessed. Draco looked back at her as a unknown feeling warmed its way through his body. He walked to Stella and pulled her up gently, unsure of what was coming over him.

"You are the most unselfish person I know Stella," Draco told her before gently placing his lips on hers. This kiss was different from the quick peck they shared on the train. This kiss held the passion that has been brewing since they were kids. All the emotions they felt was poured into that kiss, leaving them both breathless. Even as they pulled apart their lips still tingled. Stella looked away as a blush creeped across her face. Draco saw this and smirked. It took all he had to not capture her lips with his again. He had wanted to do that since his third year.

"I am going to slap you if you don't stop smirking," Stella said as she playfully nudged him away. Draco's smirk only widened. He pulled her closer and fell back onto the couch with Stella in his arms.

"I quite enjoy this." He mumbled closing his eyes. Stella nodded in agreement and snuggled closer into him and looked at her ring.

"I hope this future marriage doesn't lead to destruction." She whispered twirling the ring around her finger, something she has gotten accustomed to doing.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked opening one eye to look at her. Stella looked around before placing a silencing charm on the room.

"Well it's just... I've been thinking and well... I believe the Dark Lord has sent you on a fools errand. Please don't get mad at me but honestly... kill Dumbledore? If it was so easy then why hasn't he done it? No one has been able to kill Dumbledore Draco, no one. Now I am not for one second doubting your capabilities, but think about it Draco... The Dark Lord is pissed at your father... I believe he made you a Death Eater to get back at your father and he gave you this mission hoping you would fail and be killed by Dumbledore. I think he is just using you as a decoy, other wise why else does Bella and the others need to get into the school for? There is no point in fixing the cabinet if he knew you could kill Dumbledore. If Dumbledore's attention is drawn to you, then he won't have time to react to someone else coming up and killing him." Stella confessed. After their dispute that day in the office, Stella holed herself up in her room and did nothing but think. She knew there had to be a method of madness behind Voldemort's plan to enlist two young Death Eaters.

"Stella, whether what your saying is true or not, it doesn't change anything. At least if I die by Dumbledore, The Dark Lord won't kill you or my parents. However, the Malfoy name will still be down in the mud. Then again if I succeed then our name will be restored and we dodge another spell. We'll have our place back in the world again and we will be able to carry on a normal life together. Well normal for Death Eaters maybe." Draco tried to lighten the situation but Stella didn't want none of it.

"What if you manage to kill Dumbledore and the Dark Lord still loses to Potter? Then you will be sent to Askaban for the rest of your life. You have to think of all the possible out comes Draco! Every scenario I have planned out in my head ends with you dying! We have to do something else, something that ensure's our safety! I do not want you to die on me Draco!" Stella sobbed helplessly. She never use to be the one to cry in public, but lately it seems that that's all she can do. Draco pulled Stella into him, letting her cry on his shoulder. He gently brushed his hand through her hair as she wept. He knew she had been holding all of her emotions in by the way she was crying with such ferocity. Draco thought of all she said to him and felt nothing but expectation fall onto his shoulders. His father, mother, Stella and including himself, expected him to kill Dumbledore. Their future depended on him succeeding. Stella was right, every scenario ended with him dying. The only scenario that ended good was him killing Dumbledore and Voldemort killing potter. Draco felt the effect of realization hit him hard. It was time for him to grow up and be strong. It was all he could do to not break down crying with Stella. Then it hit him, Stella talked about the Dark Lord setting him up for failure because he was angry at his parents, but what about her? What was Stella's out come in all of this?

"Stella, what about you? Yes the Dark Lord is pissed at father, but he is also upset with yours." Draco found himself asking out loud. Stella wiped at her tears as she pulled away from Draco. She had thought about this too and knew her part. Stella tugged at the locket around her neck and felt a faint stinging she had come accustomed to. She knew she was becoming weaker everyday.

"I think... I think I'm already dying Draco." Stella refused to look him in the eyes as she said this. Draco was confused, he didn't know what she had meant.

"I don't understand." He told her, "What do you mean you think your already dying?" Stella sighed and stood up before pacing in front of him.

"The locket Draco... I think it's sucking the life out of me. Little by little every day." She told him as she fiddled with the locket. Draco stood abruptly and stared at the locket around her neck. He shook his head a looked at her.

"Take it off then! Put is somewhere where no one can find it. Only wear it when you have too." Draco insisted to her. Stella just shook her head.

"I can't Draco. I think its... alive... I don't know... It just... It doesn't feel right. It has this faint ticking feeling, almost like a heartbeat. It feels like he is here in the locket. I feel like its draining me. Its heavy around my neck and it stings terribly. See for yourself..." Stella took off the locket and held it out for Draco to hold. Draco hesitantly took the locket from her hands and held it. As soon as he touched it he felt the faint ticking Stella had spoke of. The locket felt evil and deadly, Draco understood now what she had meant. He shook his head sadly and handed it back to her. "And look," Stella said as she pulled her hair to the side and turned around. There on her neck was a red mark where the necklace had sat. Draco raised his hand and touched the burn like scar around her neck.

"Stella there has to be something we can do," Draco whispered, removing his hand and turning her around to look at him. Stella looked up into Draco's icy blue orbs as she clasped the locket back around her neck.

"Draco, I have no idea what this locket is. I'm afraid if I take it off, he'll know I did and punish me for it, or worse. I can't take it off until I know how he is connected to it. This locket if far more important that it seems and I need to figure out it's importance." Stella said. Draco hung his head down.

"I hate that you have to be in this mess," Draco stated. Stella placed her hand under his chin and lifted it. She gazed into his eyes before placing a small sweet kiss on his lips. "I think I can get used to that," He smirked. Stella rolled her eyes at his remark and removed the silencing spell she had placed earlier.

"Good night Draco," She said softly before retiring to her dorm. Draco watched the silhouette of Stella retreat up the stairs before collapsing back on the couch with a large sigh. The locket Stella was forced to wear gave Draco an idea of how to kill Dumbledore. Though he was still clueless as to what to do for everything else. Once again expectation crept upon him. He had to fix the cabinet, he had to kill Dumbledore, he had to bring back his family honor, he had to protect his family and himself, but most importantly Stella. Draco was starting to sweat. He was scared and with good reason. How was he going to pull off all of this? He had to be strong for Stella's sake, for she was already falling apart. Draco wanted to tell her how terrified he was, but it would be unhelpful if they were both a mess. For the first time since Draco has known Stella, he felt alone. Sighing, he stood up and left for bed. He'd think about things tomorrow after he had some rest. Though he knew himself that rest would not come easy.

Stella paced the length of her dormitory quietly as to not wake anyone up. She had to figure a way out of this mess that Draco and her were in. Draco may have said that there is nothing they could do but try and succeed with their task, but Stella would have none of it. She knew there had to be a brighter out come for them and she was determined to make sure it happened. A plan slowly started to form it's way into her mind. First she had to talk to Snape. She had the strongest intuition that her New DADA Professor wasn't all for the Dark Lord as he seemed to be. She knew he had to know what the locket was and she aimed to figure out what that was. She was also determined to make sure Draco would be safe throughout all of this, even if that meant her own safety would be jeopardized.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know it's been awhile, but just know I am still writing this story. I have a few new chapters already written, but I just want to have more chapters written before I post any. I hope you like it. I know its a little slow right now, but trust me in the next few chapter it will pick up. However, I really want some feedback, maybe some suggestions as to what you want to happen, so please please please help me out here. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!