Just Another One

Can't Hold Me Down

“So where did you move here from?” Adam asked.

“Los Angeles.” I answered and took another bite of my apple.

“Wow, kinda far.” Eli started, “Why did you move up here?”

“Uhm well…” I thought about lying but telling the truth was the right thing to do.

Just then the bell rang and it was time for the next class. I was saved by the bell. I sighed and Eli led me to the next class.

I took a seat next to Eli and the class soon started.
When the final bell rang, I walked out of the class room and went to my locker. As I was putting stuff away, I realized that Eli’s locker was right next to mine.

Before I could walk off he stopped me, “Do you need a ride home?”

“I’m good, I’m just going to walk home. Thanks though.” I smiled and started my walk back home.

As I was walking home I passed by a house that had a hearse parked in the driveway. I laughed a little and wondered who would ever drive a hearse, then I realized that whoever that was, was out neighbor. I kept walking and took out my phone to check my messages. As usual I had none. I sighed and opened the door to my house.

I called out but no one answered. Then I saw a note sitting on the table.

Tae,
Went to the store. Should be home soon!
Mom.


I picked up the note and threw it in the trash. I went back outside and sat on the front steps and took out my homework. About halfway through my algebra homework, my mom’s car pulled into the driveway.

She got out with only two bags, “How was school hun?” she asked me when she saw me.

“It was okay.”

“That’s good, make any new friends?”

I thought about it, I could call Eli and Adam my friends, “A few.”

She smiled sweetly at me, “That’s good.”

She went to make dinner and I went back inside. The house was still full of boxes and was kind of a mess, but my mom was working on making it look like home. I went up to my room and it looked the same as the rest of the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3