A Cherry Sunset

Positions + Beginnings

My head pounded as soon as I opened my eyes. December had got me into quite a lot of alcohol and trouble at my own coming home party. I cringed and shut my eyes, turning over to hide my face in Oliver’s neck. His arms tightened around instinctively, but I could tell he was still asleep by his breathing. We were both still mostly dressed under the covers since there were far too many people that had crashed over.

Josh being one of those drunks that passed out first. I smiled as I replayed the party in my mind. Josh had eventually found us again and he hadn’t left us for the night. I found it slightly humorous how Josh had come off as annoying and cocky within our first meeting, but really he was just a hilarious softy. Him and Oliver complimented each other perfectly.

The rest of Josh’s band was pretty entertaining as well. It was a fun night with the people I’d missed for far too long. But that was something of the past. I wouldn’t ever need to miss these arms, or this bed, or those kids again. This was home.

“Emileh?” I lifted my head and met those warm hazel eyes that just toasted my insides. “Are yeh okay? Does somethin’ ‘urt?” His eyebrows shift together as he brought a hand up to my cheek. I hadn’t even noticed the tear slip until he wiped it across my cheek.

I choked out a laugh and shook my head. “They’re happy tears. I’m happy to be home again.”

Oliver grinned. “Don’t scare me like tha’ love.” He kissed my nose. “I’m so happy teh ‘ave yeh back too. I missed yeh far too much. I don’t think I’ll be able teh let yeh go so easy next time.”

I swallowed hard. “What if there’s not a next time, Oliver?”

He stiffened up a bit. “Wha’ do yeh mean, Emmeh?”

“Well, I sort of have some big news.” I paused, trying to gather my courage.

“And?” Oliver prompted me and I bit my bottom lip.

“I quit my job in New York. I’m not going on tour again.”

“Yeh quit Skeleanimals?” I nodded and continued to chew on my lip.

“I just wasn’t happy with the job anymore, and I hated leaving you. So I was thinking, if you would have me, I’d like to move here and maybe—,” my words were cut off as Oliver kissed me passionately. His hands cupped my face and my eyes closed as I kissed him back.

Slowly he pulled away from me. “I want yeh teh move in with meh, Em. Please?”

I giggled. “Of course, Oliver.”

“And yeh can come work at Drop Dead. I been dyin’ teh see yeh designs on meh shirts. Yeh’ll be a perfect fit down at the shop.”

“Are you sure about that, Oliver?”

“Yeh don’t want teh work at the shop?”

“I would love to, but I don’t know if my,” I struggled with the word. “art would be good enough or,”

“Stop right there, Em. Yeh’re work is some of the best I’ve seen. Drop Dead would be luckeh teh ‘ave yeh. ‘Ell, anyone would be luckeh teh ‘ave yeh drawin’ fer them. Would yeh please work fer the clothin’ line, or at least think it oveh?”

I started to grin as I rested my head on his chest. “I would love to work for Drop Dead, Oliver.”

“Fantastic.” He kissed the top of my head. “We’ll go down teh the shop tomorrow an’ tell Tom the great news. Meh mum will love teh ‘ave yeh down there too.”

“Oh my gosh! I’ll get to work with Carol and Tom!”

He chuckled. “An’ a whole bunch of otheh good artist. Yeh’ll ‘ave a good time, love.”

“I’m so excited.”

“Meh too. We’ll ‘ave teh move yeh stuff from New York though. That won’t be too much fun.”

I blushed. “Well, I may have sort of already packed my stuff up and it may be somewhere in the mail transition to here.”

Oliver laughed and hugged me to him tight. “Tha’s even betteh Em.”

“So it’s not creepy at all?”

“It means I don’t ‘ave teh pack any shit so I’m fine with it.”

“Someone’s lazy.” I rolled my eyes and finally pulled away from him enough to sit up. “So no that the big news is out, what are we going to do today?”

Oliver put his arms behind his head and smiled at me. “Wha’ yeh want teh do with yeh first day back, love?”

“Maybe we could pick the loft up and kick these hobos out.” I winked and his pretty smile turned into that awful smirk that made my knees weak all over again.

“I know where yeh’re dirteh mind is.” He nudged my side and I fell into a fit of giggles.

“My mind’s not dirty! I just hate this place looking so messy and gross.”

“I don’t believe tha’ fer two seconds.” He sat up beside me, wrapping his arms round my middle before attacking my neck with his mouth.

“Oli!” I squealed and attempted to slip out of his arms. I failed at getting away from him, but succeeded in waking up the nearest few boys to us.

“Ugh! Oleh, wha’ the bloodeh ‘ell are yeh doin? Make ‘er stop yellin’.”

We both laughed and I turned toward Oliver to kiss him hard. Things were just how I wanted them for once and I was completely happy. I had Oliver and love and a wonderful place to live with a job that made me excited. It was almost too good to be true, like some happily ever after ending. Except this wasn’t an ending.

This was my beginning with Oliver.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy. Sappy? I believe so. But I also think this story deserves a sappy love ending. So there you have it. This is the official end of my Oliver Sykes adoration. There shall be no more sequels and prolly not another story for him. I can adore from afar now and still smile. xooxEmber.

Goodbye Gorgeous Oliver