A Cherry Sunset

Long Island Teas + California Girls

To drown my sorrows of having my boyfriend live overseas, I agreed to go out drinking. It took less convincing than usual and I think both Jason and Victoria noticed. I even did a little shopping to help keep my mind off Oliver and the fact that I still hadn’t been able to get a hold of him.

I bought a new dress and even a pair of heels. Both were not my style, but it felt nice to dress up. I put thick curls in my hair and added some heavy makeup.

When I entered the club, I expected my fellow co-workers to stare but I did not expect the entire crowd to eye me. I was blushing profusely by the time I approached the corner booth where most of everybody was sitting.

Jason was the first to let out a long low whistle. “Damn, Halestorm. You clean up good.” He winked and then pulled me into a tight hug.

“Wait, wait, wait. This is Emily?” Jackie dropped her mouth open and widened her eyes. “Holy shit. What did tour do to you, girl?”

I shyly avoided answering the question as I giggled uneasily. Victoria stood up for me. “She got a hot British boyfriend, who is going to be so turned on when I send him pictures of what he’s missing.” Well, she partly stood up for me.

“Okay, Emily wants a drink!” I exclaimed and giggled some more. The table laughed and Jason signaled one of the waitresses over.

“What can I get you now, Jase?” The woman raised one eyebrow and placed her hands on her hips. It was obvious Jason had already smooth talked her to where she was wrapped around his finger.

I rolled my eyes as Jason turned his clever smirk toward me. “I’d like a Peach Long Island Tea, one shot of straight vodka, one of Jager, oh and a double shot of Jack Daniels. Please?” The waitress gave me a look before running off toward the bar.

“Did the hot British boyfriend get you into drinking too?” Sam raised his eyebrows as the table chuckled. Victoria gave me a worried glance as she read more into my hesitation to answer the question.

“I felt like letting my hair down before I fly to California.” I shrugged and avoided eye contact.

Jason threw his arm around my shoulders. “Well, I like this new Emily and I say we toast to the damn bastard who’s lucky enough to have her.” I elbowed him in the ribs but the table agreed. I rolled my eyes as Victoria snickered and continued to snap away pictures with her phone.

Pretty much everyone already had a drink in hand, but they waited until the waitress came back with my glass and the three shots. I smiled as I picked up the Jack Daniels first. It was Oliver’s favorite.

I didn’t listen to the toast but I cheered with everyone and then swallowed the warm liquid that burned down my throat. Then came the vodka and last, the Jager. I giggled as Jason shook his head at me. “You are fucking insane.”

I shrugged and took a small sip of my tea. “Somebody come dance with me!” I shouted and scooted out of the booth. Hands were on my hips before I even took two steps. I knew Jason would take me up on my offer. I grinned as I led the boy to the dance floor and then spun around in his arms.

It took about three and a half minutes for the alcohol to hit my system. I was giggling uncontrollably and leaning heavily on Jason as we staggered back to the table after a few songs. Victoria was still giving me the concerned look as she raised one eyebrow at Jason’s arm around my waist. I rolled my eyes. We both knew how Jason was.

“Who’s brilliant idea was it to come to a karaoke bar?” Someone I couldn’t pin point complained from beside Victoria. “These people sound like shit.”

“Why don’t you go up there then, Dan?” Jackie smirked as she shot back at him. I continued to sip on my tea as I listened to the table dissect everyone brave enough to get up and sing.

“You know who has a pretty voice.” Victoria started and I groaned. She giggled.

“Halestorm?” Jason followed Victoria’s eyes onto me and stared at me wide-eyed for a few moments. “You’re singing!” He yelled and grabbed my hand. Before I could protest he had already dragged me half way toward the main stage. I pouted as I tugged on his arm.

“I don’t want to sing, Jase.” I whined and batted my eyelashes some. He just smiled over his shoulder before using his right hand to scribble something down on a ripped piece of paper. After he was done he handed the paper to the DJ and squeezed my hand. “Jason, I’m not going up there.”

“Oh, yes you are.”

“No, I’m not. I’m not even a good singer. Vee was just teasing. Please don’t make me go up there.”

“Don’t worry, Em. We’re both going up there.”

“Both?”

“In celebration of your trip to California.”

“But I always go to Cali. What’s so special this time?”

He didn’t have a chance to answer as the music lulled in between songs and the DJ introduced us. “Let’s get some applause for Emmeh and Jase singing California Girls!” Jason pulled me onto the stage and grabbed microphones, handing one to me.

There were too many lights pointed at us to see anyone out in the crowd. It was all just black. The music started again and I swallowed hard. The alcohol was pumping through my veins and my sudden worries vanished, just like I’d hoped. I wasn’t thinking about how much I missed I Oliver anymore or how terrified I was about singing in front of tons of people. I smiled and wiggled my hips to the beat as I winked at Jason.

“I know a place where the grass is really greener. Warm, wet and wild. There must be something in the water. Sipping, gin and juice, laying underneath the palm trees. The boys break their necks trying to creep a little sneak peek. You can travel the world, but nothing comes close to the Golden Coast!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy.
I like this one : ) it's fun, even though there's no Oliver; mmmmm, but Oli comes in the next chapter ; ) comment?
xooxEmber