Status: Active

From Rags to Riches

Chapter 5

As I stood there staring in the mirror I was in disbelief. I had never seen myself so clean before. My skin looked soft and my hair didn't look greasy. My eyes were shining back at me as I looked in the mirror.

Sarah called me to her attetion. "Come on, dear, let's get you some shoes and then we can go eat lunch."

She went and got me these sandaled heels, but she quickly discovered that I didn't know how to walk in heels. So She opted for flip flops instead. I was thankful because I felt like I was going to fall to my death in those things. It felt like I was walking on stilts.

We started on our journey downstairs. And Boy were there alot of stairs. Sarah led me to the dining room where all the guys were. They all looked up and stopped what they were doing. I wonder if I really did look that different. I walked to a chair next to Aiden and sat down with eyes on me the whole time. It was very nerve wracking. I didn't like having eyes on me. It was never good to have eyes on you for a long time when you were in the streets. Sarah cleared her throat and the boys seemed to snap out of the daze I put them in.

There were a couple of questions I had to ask them but i doubt they would answer them. But i thought it would be worth a try. "How old are you guys," i asked, "Not you Sarah."

There was a silence for a while and I didn't think I would get an answer until Jeff said," Well, I am 18."

"I'm 17," Said X.

"I'm 16."Said Jac.

"Were 16 and a half," said the twins at the same time. It was a little creepy I must admit.

"Do you guys always do that," I asked them.

"No," they both said again.

I just shook my head and dropped the subject, because lunch came out. Everyone settled down and started to eat. I was starving but I didn't want to be rude and stuff my mouth, so I really tried to take my time. Even though I didn't eat fast I was still the first one done with my food. I was still hungry but I was afraid to ask for more. So I sat there quietly while everybody else was socializing and eating the rest of their food. I guess Sarah noticed something was wrong because she asked "You want some more Drea? Are you still hungry?" Everybody looked at me waiting for my answer. I immediately started blushing and I looked down.

"She looks like she's still hungry look at how skinny she is," Jeff said in a teasing tone.

Everybody started laughing and I blushed even more.

"Maggie," Sarah called. Maggie came walking out of the kitchen. Maggie was a woman who looked like she was in her early fifties. She had gray eyes and blond hair that seemed to be turning a little white. She looked like she was in shape however. She didn't look like the old, broken down people I usually encounter.

"Can you bring Drea a little more food," Sarah asked.

"Sure, she looks like she can use some meat on her bones anyway," Said Maggie earning a laugh from the boys and a blush from me.

Maggie brought me another plate and I ate all of it. "Where does it all go," X asked. Again everybody roared with laughter while I just sat there and blushed this was getting kind of old.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sigh I am just typing this story because I want to If you want to read it you can some constructive criticism would be nice. This is my first story I was thinking about not finishing it but I had to. COmments are wanted.