Status: Updates may be slow, but comments can get them quicker x

Trapped In The Dark

001

"Zero, what are you doing??" I heard my mothers voice from the other side of the room. Putting on a small smile, I turned my head in the direction her voice came from.

"Trying to write a song mother" I blinked my light grey eyes, not that it mattered...I'm blind and I guess you'd ask 'How can she write a song??' well I write songs to try and be normal...

"I bet it will be a seller one day darling. Do you think I can leave you alone for a few hours shopping?? The cupboards are bare and I think sometime out of the house will help my headache..." her voice was filled with worry and stress. She doesn't leave the house at all anymore, she's busy looking after me...

"Go for it mum, I'll be fine" I shone a smile her way before turning my head back towards my piano I was sat at. This beautiful piece was a present from my father...before he left us with nothing...

My mothers foot steps became softer as she walked away from my music room. I could be left alone, I usually just play the piano when I'm alone.
Ok, so my life isn't a perfect one. I used to be happy with my mum and dad by my side...I used to be able to see, but alas that changed when I grew to the age of 7...I've never seen anything since, and to be honest, it's still scary to be in complete darkness, after 11 years...
I'm 18 year old, Zero Miller. My bestfriend Leliana is 17, she lives next door to me, takes me to college when I'm called in, but other then that...I don't really see her...well, you get the idea...

Hearing the front door close, I felt a long sigh escape me. The piano stopped it's wonderful music as I curled into a ball on the stool and held onto myself.
My mother doesn't know how I feel...not being able to see is horrible...the darkness your trapped in makes you feel alone and empty, holding onto the small pictures of bright lights, colours and memories.
For about 2 years, I've started wanting more then anything to see again. I want to be normal, I want to see my mothers face, see her smiling...to watch my fingers play every note on the piano perfectly, and...I wish I could be like Leliana and find a boyfriend but everytime we walk through college, she tells me every guy looks at her, like she's my hero...when she really isn't.

I feed my fingers through my brunette hair. Mother always comments on how lovely it is, yet it never cheers me up enough. It may look lovely, but to look into a mirror and see it as lovely would be more then a mircale.
It's curly...I have ringlets that will happily wrap around my fingers. So smooth to touch, and they bounce when I walk, completely natural I must add, never ever had those horrid extension things I hear girls wear now-a-days, they sound a pain to have really...

Standing off the stool, I took hold of my stick and felt my way out of the room, not feeling the erge to play, and made my way to the front door.
Taking hold of my door keys, I opened and then locked the door after me when I was standing in the brisk weather. Leliana's house was just a small walk down to the left, and that's where I was heading.

Walking as slow but normal as I could, I felt the chilled wind trickle down my back, making my skin rise and a shiver run laps through my bones...that's until I walked into something warm and solid...

"Woah there!" a male voice screeched. Hands held my arms as I felt my light body lean backwards. Have you ever played that trust game?? Where you fall and you have to trust the person to catch you...well that's what it felt like, but I couldn't open my eyes and see the guy who had caught me...

"Zero!!" I heard Leliana call. My body was pressed against this unknown guy and without being able to see what he looked like, or know his name, I was feeling quite scared but somehow safe at the same time...

Leliana's touch sent a shiver up my spine as she pulled the guy off me. No words forming on my tongue to tell her it was my fault, he didn't mean to walk into me I'm sure...I was the blind clutse around here...

"What do you think your doing??! Walking into a blind girl like that! And then holding her under her will...how could you??!" Leliana screeched. My hearing more heightened it was like she was screaming every word right next to both ears...

"Oh my...I'm so sorry!" his words seemed to send shivers all the way through my body...and yet it was a nice feeling, just Leliana had to ruin the mood once again...

"Look Mr Whatever-Your-Name-Is! Don't look me up and down!" I cringed at her voice rising at the end, and for some reason it slightly hurt...he held me close to him yet checks the screaming crazy friend out...

"You what??! I did no such thing! Look..." he took a deep breath and then let it out gently, "Zero??" I felt his hand touch my shoulder, "I'm really sorry for walking into you, I wasn't paying attention, I lost my way to my mum's house, so I guess...basically I'm just saying sorry..." I smiled at where his voice came from and chuckled. My hand gently laying over his,

"Don't worry about it, it's fine. Your not the first to walk into me, I don't mind"

Leliana pulled his hand off of my shoulder and pulled me to her house. Muttering under her breath snide comments about the guy...I couldn't imagine what she though was wrong. Her voice suddenly stopped as we got to her front door, I'd heard footsteps following us but I hadn't exspected to feel a light breeze of someones breath against my neck,

"My name is Jacob, but my friends call me Mouse"
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter!!
I'd written all of this out on holiday =/...
And man my hand hurt afterwards =P
Next chapter needs to be finished, but I will finish it =)
Please tell me what you think
~*~