Status: Neww(:

To Find Perfection in My Pride

Justin

“I’m such a terrible person!” I groaned, plopping down on Nathan’s couch. He raised an eyebrow, first at me and then at Pierce.

“Why did you agree to it, anyway?” Pierce asked, sitting in my lap and motioning for Nathan to sit next to us. Once he did, she put her legs over his and leaned against the arm of the couch.

“Kimber said the boyfriend was a douche and mistreated him—if I can help him see that relationships shouldn’t be like that, I will. But what if he gets attached to me? I could end up hurting him.”

There was silence, and Pierce was looking at Nathan, waiting for him to speak. “What was your first impression of Aiden?” he asked, his baritone voice clear and steady like it always was.

“Cute,” I said, ducking my head slightly. “And sweet.”

“Do you think you could develop feelings for him?” Nathan asked, looking me in the eye. I nodded, because the possibility was likely. Aiden was already plaguing my thoughts, and I had only met him the night before. “Then let everything take its course. Things will work out how they work out, and maybe you’ll end up with a boyfriend you adore.”

Nathan smiled, and turned his attention to Pierce, who was going on about how much she liked Kimber’s hair. The boy had a point with what he had said, and I was glad once again to have a friend that had a way to make me see whatever was going on in a different perspective. I still felt guilty, because he did have a boyfriend and he did love him, but Kimber was clear in the fact that he was a douche.

***

“I feel so pretty, oh so pretty, oh so pretty, and witty, and bright! And I pity, any girl who isn’t me tonight!” Pierce sang, arm linked in mine as we made our way to the salon. I shook my head, laughing at my overly energetic friend. Today, the salon chairs were being installed, and she couldn’t contain her excitement. The walk to the salon was quick, filled with random bursts of songs from the Cuban girl on my left.

Once at the salon, though, I didn’t stay for long. I headed down to the coffee shop where I had, not too long ago, spilt coffee on Kimber. It was slightly déjà vu when I turned with the coffees in my hand, spilling them on myself and someone else. Aiden.

“I’m so sorry Aiden!” I said, quickly reaching for some napkins. The brunette smiled, laughing at me slightly.

“Do you make it a habit to spill coffee on people here?” he asked, taking some of the napkins I offered as we both attempted to remove the brown liquid from his shirt. I laughed, shaking my head. “You know, maybe you’re trying to feel me up. Pretty sure I have neither boobs nor a vagina,” Aiden teased me gently, and I felt a light blush creep onto my cheeks.

“Kimber told you how I phrased it when I told her I was gay?” I asked, looking at my feet with a sheepish expression. Aiden laughed softly, and I found my lips curling into a small smile. Seconds later, I saw an arm wrap around him tightly, and followed it to a dark haired guy that I could only assume was Jersey.

“Who are you?” Jersey demanded, a scowl contorting what were obviously attractive features.

“I’m Justin, one of Kimber’s friends,” I replied, stretching the truth as I reached my hand out for him to shake. He didn’t, and after a moment I dropped it. “I’m guessing you’re Jersey?” He nodded briefly, arms tightening around Aiden. “Anyway, I should probably go get a new coffee for Pierce and head back. It was nice seeing you again, Aiden, and it was nice meeting you.”

Quickly, I got the coffees and left, hurrying to the salon. I rushed into the building and handed Pierce her coffee. “What took you so freaking long?” she asked, gathering her long hair in her hands to put it up in a neat bun. “You were gone forever!”

“I ran into Aiden. I literally ran into him and spilt coffee on him,” I said, and my friend laughed at me. I rolled my eyes, waiting for the comment I knew would come.

“Did you get a quickie then?” Pierce asked, and I shook my head.

“No, but I met his boyfriend. He really seems like an asshole.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO SORRY!

This chapter was garbage, I know. But school started, and there was all this drama and I was an emotional wreck. Add in homework, and I haven't even wanted to write lately. And then my computer wasn't working these past few days.

So I apologize for the crappiness of this chapter.

Comment anyway?