Status: Neww(:

To Find Perfection in My Pride

Aiden

“Jersey.” I begged.

“No. What the fuck was that all about?”

“I’ve only met him once.”

“You know, not that I don't believe you, but that’s bullshit.”

After Justin left the coffee shop, Jersey decided neither of us needed coffee. I argued back and got my coffee. We were now walking across a street downtown where all the houses were abandoned and the street was almost always empty. The moment we’d stepped outside of the coffee shop, Jersey had started interrogating me.

“Jersey, nothing happened.”

“You had your flirty face on.”

I stopped walking and looked at him. “Uh, sorry. My flirty face?”

“Yes.”

I couldn’t help it, I laughed. “Wow Jers. You’re funny. I don’t have a ‘flirty face’ and even if I did, I didn’t have it on when I was talking to Justin.”

“Flirting with Justin, you mean.”

“Fuck, Jersey, I wasn’t flirting with him.”

“How do you know him?” He demanded.

“We’re standing in the middle of the street Jersey.” I pointed out and started walking away.

“Get the fuck back here!” He yelled, grabbing my arm and spinning me around. My coffee flew away from me and hit the ground, splattering all over the road.

“Jersey!”

“This is basically an abandoned street! No one is going to drive down here! Now how do you fucking know him?” He shouted.

“He told you! He’s one of Kimber’s friends!”

“When you pointed out that you fucking obviously have neither boobs nor a vagina, he laughed. Inside joke much?”

“We fucking met once Jersey! God. You’re such a jealous ass!” I shouted, waving a hand on the air angrily.

I turned and started to stomp off but he stormed after me. He grabbed my arm again, whirling me around. When I faced him, his other hand flew down and smacked me clear across the face. My eyes stung and tears sprung up. The right side of my face hurt badly. I kept my face where it had stopped, facing the side, stunned.

Jersey had only hit me once before. Two weeks before he left. I told him that he was a jealous ass that time too. Apparently he doesn’t like it.

“Go home Aiden. I’m going to get a drink.” He growled it and turned away.

I saw his feet as he left. I still hadn’t moved from the spot I had become frozen in just moments earlier.

Minutes passed before I made myself move and walk quickly home. The sun was nearly completely set and it was getting colder. When I walked into the apartment, Kimber was sitting on the couch, legs over Kyle’s lap.

“Hey Aiden!” Kyle said enthusiastically and waved.

I looked at him, waving a finger from the hand at my side. I shuffled into my room and shut the door. Sitting on the foot of the bed, I ignored the knock on the door.

“Aiden. I’m coming in.” Kimber warned.

She opened the door and bit her lip when she saw me sitting there. “What happened? Oh my God! Aiden! You’re face! Its bright red!”

Instinctively, I reached up to brush it with my fingertips. I winced and pulled away quickly.

“I…fell.”

“Fucking bullshit you fell! Kyle, will you grab some painkillers, and a bag of ice?” She called into the living room. She squatted next to me and lightly brushed my face. I bit my lip, but stayed quiet.

“What the fuck did Jersey think he was doing?” She growled.

“We saw Justin at the coffee shop.” I muttered.

“Justin did not hit you.”

“No. Jersey did. But it was because I called him a jealous ass.”

“He was probably being one.”

“Yeah.” I took the white pills Kyle offered and sipped the glass of water. Kimber carefully touched the ice pack Kyle had dug out of the freezer to my face. Tears puddle and I looked up so they wouldn’t fall.

“That fucking bastard is not coming back in this fucking place. Kyle, help me bag up his things.” She put my hand against the ice pack and stood up to help Kyle pack Jersey’s things.

“Kimber, please.”

“No. Either he leaves, or you both leave.” She stormed over to me and started yelling, waving her arms around to prove her point. “I will not stand by and watch shit like this happen any longer! This is bullshit and I am not going to sit here and let it go on! So either you are done with him, or you both can go because I’m done!”

Standing, I took the bag of clothes sitting on the bed, added my own, and pulled our phone chargers from the wall. I pushed them into the bag and walked around Kimber.

I found Jersey outside, about to walk up the steps to the apartment. “We’ve got to find someplace to stay.” I told him.

“Aiden,” He gently took my hand. “I’m sorry.”

I shrugged. “It’s fine. Lets go.”

>>>>>Kimber<<<<<

I stood there while he packed up a few more things and walked around me. I heard the door close quietly and feet padding down the stairs.

I was stunned. I didn’t expect him to do that.

“Kyle.” I mumbled, hand flapping behind me, trying to find him. His hand carefully gripped mine and he pulled me to his chest. “He just chose that ass over me.”

“I know baby.”

“He just chose that ass over me.” I repeated. This was completely stunning.

“What are you going to do?” Kyle asked, pulling back and looking at me.

“What do you mean?”

“Come on, babe. You are not the type to sit around and let your best friend choose basic suicide over you. True that right now Jersey has only hit him. But that violence can lead to worse. He could kill Aiden if he gets angry enough.”

I ran my fingers through my bangs and nodded. “Your right." I thought for a moment and sighed upon my conclusion. "I need to call Justin.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I think its shorter than my other two chapters, but....thats a lot of action for one chapter, and I didn't wanna add anymore drama...soooo...

Comment please dearies!(: