Status: Neww(:

To Find Perfection in My Pride

Justin

One week. Seven days. 168 hours. 10,080 minutes.

That’s how long it’s been since Kimber called me to tell me what had happened. I couldn’t believe it; my mind still refused to wrap itself around it. Why would Aiden go with Jersey? The douchebag hit him!

I sat in the salon’s back room, head in my hands. The phone lay besides me from where I put it after another phone call with Kimber; she hadn’t heard from him yet. Worry filled every inch of my body, and I didn’t know what to do.

It was my fault Jersey hit him this time.

If I had just told her no, Aiden wouldn’t have known me. He wouldn’t have talked to me and then Jersey wouldn’t have gotten jealous.

I was powerless though, in preventing Jersey from hitting him again. I couldn’t even try and talk any sense into him; what if that sick bastard hurt him badly?

A knock on the closed door of the waxing room brought me back to the present. “Yeah?” I said softly.

Pierce opened the door a small amount and stuck her head in. “Any word?”

I shook my head; “No word yet,” was my reply. She walked in and plopped down in my lap and wrapping her arms around me.

“He’ll come around, Justin. Kimber knows him well enough, and she says he’s normally not this stupid. He’s going to realize how idiotic staying with that asshole is and come back to live with her. It’ll be fine; just wait and see,” she reassured as I buried my face into her neck.
Her reassurances did nothing to ease my worries; nothing could.

***

“…There’s a good chance for a severe thunderstorm in the early evening. It would most likely last through the night, and let up sometime around dawn. I’d suggest staying inside for the night….”

The weather report didn’t faze me much as I searched the living room for my set of keys. I’d be inside, seeing as I was stuck at the salon from four until eight, waiting for some damned delivery guy to drop off the couch and the two chairs for the salon’s waiting room.

If by some unlucky event I was forced to wait it out in the salon, there was plenty of space for me to sprawl out on the floor. Smirking, I snatched up my keys from their hiding place underneath the couch before grabbing my backpack and leaving the apartment.

A strong wind was blowing when I walked outside. I shivered, tightening my arms around my torso as I walked towards the salon. The dried leaves on the trees rustled loudly, swaying side to side in time with the wind.

I stopped at the coffee shop, getting myself an espresso and within a few minutes I was at the salon. Humming to myself, I turned the heat on to combat the chilly weather outside. I plopped down on one of the salon chairs, a book in hand, as I got ready for the wait.

An hour and a half, as well as five chapters, passed by the time the delivery van pulled up outside. I directed the slightly balding men into the waiting room, and told them where to put the furniture.

When they were done, the elder of the two turned to face me. “Son, I hope you’re planning on staying here for the night. The sky looks like it’s about to explode, and I don’t want you to get stuck in it. It doesn’t seem safe,” he said, a heavy Spanish accent lacing his words.
I smiled at his concern. “I came prepared, in case I had to spend the night here,” I said, pointing to my backpack. “I’m gonna call my friend and let her know I’m staying here, and then I plan on getting comfortable for tonight.”

The man smiled, patting me on the shoulder. He and his partner left just as the rain began to fall. I quickly made my way over to the phone Pierce had installed recently, and dialed the familiar number.

“Hello?” Pierce said, answering after a few rings.

“Hey, it’s Justin. It started raining, so I’m gonna just crash at the salon.”

“You sure? I could find someone to come get you,” she offered, worry in her voice due to the idea of me spending the night at the salon.

“I’ll be fine. And I doubt the rain’s gonna let up enough for anyone to want to drive out here. I brought food, sweats, and a blanket in case I got stuck anyway. I’ll talk to you in the morning, okay?”

I could hear a sigh from the other line of the phone. “Fine. But I want you to call me first thing in the morning, and if you change your mind just call me and I’ll get you, okay? Be careful, and don’t go outside,” she told me reluctantly.

“Everything will be fine, Piece. I’ll talking to you tomorrow morning, bright and early, and pick you up a vanilla latte on my way home. Sound good?” I said, a smile on my face.

“With chocolate covered espresso beans on the side?” my friend asked hopefully. I laughed, shaking my head.

“Sure, anything for you.”

“Okay. Goodnight, then. I love you!” she said.

“I love you too. Night,” I replied, and hung up the phone. Humming to myself, I walked throughout the salon, making sure all the windows were securely closed. I picked my bag up, pulling out my CD player and a case filled with CDs. Putting one in, I went back to reading my book. I could tell it was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shitty chapter and the wait. School's been a bitch, both the people and the work. And sorry for the lack of proof reading. My brother's yelling at me to clean my room since his girlfriend's spending the night, and I really wanted to get this up.

Comment, yeah? ::D