‹ Prequel: Little Secrets
Sequel: Little Laughs

Little Memories

“The charm...the genius of memory, is that it is choosy, chancy, and temperamental.”

The Quidditch Pitch was booming with student activity that rainy October morning. It wasn’t warm in the least, but it didn’t stop the students from coming out and cheering on their team. A majority of the students were wearing red and gold even if it wasn’t the house they were sorted into. It was a clear sign that they did not support the other team. One section, however, proudly wore green and silver. Speculation between who would win the match was in favor of Gryffindor, but they knew Slytherin would end up giving a decent fight for the Quidditch Cup. Slytherin’s stellar player lineup was unmatched and those who supported Gryffindor knew they couldn’t be counted out completely.

As usual, when the Slytherin team and captain’s name were called, they were greeted with the chorus of boos, hisses, and angry shouts. When the Gryffindor team and captain were called, the pitch erupted into cheers, inciting much eye-rolling and scoffing from the opposing team. Soon enough, both teams were on their broomsticks and in the air, ready to fight and play for their chance to win the Quidditch Cup for their house. Madam Hooch was quick to lay down the rules--nothing they hadn’t been told before--and release the Snitch, then the Quaffle into play.

“Good going, Malfoy,” Jackson hissed as the Slytherin team walked into their locker room, soaked and defeated.

“Yeah, way to be staring at Daphne’s water-soaked, see-through shirt the entire time,” Theodore murmured as he roughly shoulder-checked a livid Draco to walk further into the locker room.

“We wouldn’t have lost had you three not continuously dropped the Quaffle,” he yelled back in return, referring to Charlotte, Theodore, and Beckett.

“Maybe if the arseholes had actually kept the Bludgers away from us, we could have actually focused on just making goals,” Charlotte retorted forcibly, taking her time to scowl at the Captain and the two Beaters.

“Yeah? Well maybe-” Gregory boomed from just beside his sister.

“ENOUGH!” Draco shouted and the locker room immediately fell silent. Despite the fact that no one dared to speak, there was a ton of glares and snarls being cast amongst the players. “Next week, we’ll all go back to practicing the essentials and the basics, since it seems we all need help in that area.” With that, he disappeared into the Captain’s office and slammed the door on his way. The locker room remained still for a few moments, the protests they had for him dying in their throats as they realized he was not to be messed with.

“Someone’s on his period,” Charlotte murmured as she walked over to her locker and opened it, causing both Jackson, Theodore, and Beckett to snicker lightly to themselves. She gasped playfully and turned to the boys before saying, in the most seriously voice, “ Or maybe Daphne knocked him up. She has man hands and a deeper voice than any man I know.” This incited further laughing and this time Crabbe and Gregory joined in. Charlotte turned to the Beaters sharply and they immediately stopped laughing. Jackson and Theodore exchanged worried looks as they noticed the slightly surprised yet sad look on the blonde’s face. Charlotte stared at her brother for a moment before turning and placing her broom in her locker, her expression and happy mood seemingly vanished.

“Could you imagine the monster that child would be?” Jackson asked softly, with a crooked grin. Charlotte looked over at him for a moment before she cracked a small smile.

“Besides the fact, it would be born by a man…Lord Voldemort would be out of a job, for sure,” she said softly, causing all of the players, minus the beaters to laugh again. Charlotte turned and stared into the depths of her locker, glad that the door was hiding her face from the boys beside her. Her smile fell as quickly as she had forced it and her eyes grew inexplicably sad. She joked about it with everyone, but it still hurt her how fast it seemed he had moved on. And no, she didn’t want to imagine the monster of a child Draco and Daphne’s child would be. She wanted to marry Draco and have his children and that broad he was with only provided complications.

Heaving a sharp sigh, she pulled off her cloak and draped it over the bench to dry a little before she placed it into her locker. She wanted to be rid of her wet, soggy clothing as soon as possible, so she stripped out of them as fast as she could before pulling out her wand and beginning to dry them with a strip of hot air from the tip of her wand.

“Could you do that to my uniform, please?” Theodore asked from beside her, grinning crookedly at her. She nodded silently as she placed her uniform back into her locker, all folded nicely and neatly. Her normal clothes were placed off to the side, but she’d worry about changing into them later. It seemed her idea of drying off clothes with her wand had caught on and soon enough everyone was copying her, spare Theodore, who was watching Charlotte lean over his uniform and dry it in only her knickers. He was only in his boxers, his pale, flawless skin a bit damp from coming in contact with his clothing. Just as she finished up with his trousers, a sly grin curled his lips as he leaned forward, catching her wrist in his hand.

She looked up at him with wide blue eyes, silently asking him what the hell he thought he was doing. He merely continued to smirk at her before discreetly nodding twice. Charlotte seemed to catch on and she slowly mirrored his expression.

“Charlie,” he breathed alluringly, leaning closer to her. She bit her bottom lip as she could feel eyes beginning to watch the two of them. In a flash, they attached hungrily at the lips, their teeth hitting together and their tongues sliding against each other. Charlotte’s spindly fingers knotted themselves into his hair, gently pulling at the strands. Theodore’s hands roughly grabbed at her waist, pulling her hips flush with his. The blonde girl let out a content sigh as they backed up against the row of lockers.

Kissing Theodore, Charlotte found, was a much different experience than kissing Draco. Theodore kissed her with a bit more force, a bit more lust. Draco always made sure their kisses were romantic and slow, like he was breathing in just a bit of her. Not to mention that their lips were completely different shapes and textures. Yet, since she was a teenager with sometimes uncontrollable desires, something within her couldn’t help but to like being pressed up against a locker, so close to a fit boy’s body.

“God, you two. Get a room,” Jackson hissed with disdain; a practiced line, of course. This stint had been planned loosely, but they certain hadn’t intended their plan to occur with such a lack of clothing. The whole locker room soon was watching the commotion. Beckett gave a loud wolf-whistle and murmured something about Theodore “getting it”. Crabbe merely stared hungrily, the creep, his mouth slightly open and his eyes wide and unblinking. Gregory looked almost surprised as he watched the boy he had beaten up for what was said about his sister, groping and fondling the same girl. “This is the third time this week,” Jackson added exasperatedly as he began to place things into his locker.

Eventually, the two of them broke apart, breathing heavily as Charlotte continued to lean back against the lockers. Charlotte’s eyes darted up to her brother’s over Theodore’s shoulder. She grinned knowingly as she wiped the back of her hand over her mouth, it was the same hand, connected to the wrist that had always worn that charm bracelet Draco had given her. He gave her a bit of betrayed look at this before they both turned and started to chance into normal clothes. Charlotte continued to smile to herself, shooting coy looks to Theodore from the corner of her eyes. Her brother, out of loyalty, was going to most certainly going to tell the one person she wanted to hear about her and Theodore the most.

Draco pulled Daphne behind him down the boy’s dormitory corridor later that day, after he found he was going to need some help getting over their loss. The girl would occasionally turn over her shoulder and giggle proudly and boastingly to her friends before Draco opened the door to the seventh year boy’s dormitories and pulled them both inside without another word. The dormitories were completely empty, which they were both thankful for. He walked over to his neatly made bed quickly, Daphne still giggling and tittering annoyingly behind him.

Sitting down on the edge of his bed, he slowly looked over Daphne as he dropped her hands and put his hands on her waist. She looked down at him with a smirk, now completely quiet before she tantalizing bit her bottom lip. Not a word was said between them as they stared into each other eyes and she straddled his legs and sat down on his lap. He gave her hips a gentle, yet sharp squeeze in approval before drawing in a sharp breath of air when he felt her breathing against his neck, soon followed by her lips sliding against his skin.

The girl on his lap suddenly pulled away and gasped, leaning over and swiping something from his pillow. Draco’s brow furrowed slightly before she righted herself on his lap. Daphne was dangling an awfully familiar bracelet in front of him, beaming from ear-to-ear. Draco stared at the fairy and dragon charm in shock, his stomach turning uneasily and his mouth falling open slightly. As far as he knew, that bracelet hadn’t left Charlotte’s wrist since he had given it back to her when she escaped from Azkaban.

“How sweet, Draco,” Daphne cooed loudly and obnoxiously, “you really shouldn’t have!” She really sounded nothing like Charlotte did, he thought, as she immediately clasped the bracelet around her wrist, without even verifying it was even meant for her. Draco merely stared at her, gaping in awe and a loss for words. He let out a small noise, not really knowing what to say to her in response to that. “It’s perfect,” she whispered with a dazzling, beaming smile before leaning forward and pressing her lips against his, silencing any protests Draco had, at least for an hour or so.
♠ ♠ ♠
SURPRISE! I'm updating twice this week! And hopefully from now on! You can blame the newest GaGa album for my influx of creativity. I'm really excited about the direction this is going in. I also really appreciate how many of you are putting thought into the comments and what not. I want you guys to think about things! The question for the chapter is: how do you think Draco is going to find out about Charlotte and Theodore and how will he react?

I would like to thank what's the story?, SilenceOfStars, THxFan, TheFoolOfWonderland, Sarah Santtos, minimaldisagreement, and under.cover.novelist[times two!] for commenting on the last chapter!

Love,
Bree