Status: Complete!

Circus Freak

Chapter 7: I Think I Can Help You

---------Tre's POV--------------

Fayina had closed the door in my face, making it clear that she was mad at me. For what exactly? I didn't know, but I decided that it was best to leave. I walked around, pondering on the words she said--or rather yelled--before slamming the door shut.

"Because you had that skank all over you in the middle of my performance!" What the hell was she talking about?

When I got home I laid down and thought more about Fayina. Well, about her before she was mad at me.

---------The Next Day------------

I woke up with two motivations that day:
1) Find out exactly WHY Fayina was mad at me and
2) To make her un-mad at.

So obviously there was a day of scheming and planning up ahead! I decided that I should get my two best friends. I dialed Billie Joe's number.

"Hello," stated the voice on the other line. It belonged to Billie.

"Good morning, sunshine!" I said in a very cheery tone.

"Tre, it's 1 in the afternoon. So not morning anymore."

"It is? So...are you doinng anything today?"

"Yeah, me and Addie are--"

"Good, so you're not doing anything."

"Tre, I just said--"

"Listen, buddy, I need your help. Go get Mikey and meet me up at the Rodeo field at 3.

"Didn't we go there yesterday to see that girl perform? Why are we going--"

"JUST MEET ME THERE!"

"Okay...later," he said before hanging up.

---------Fayina's POV---------

"It must be a dream," I thought. I had been doing the tight-rope act again and I had fallen. It had to be a dream. There was no way that this could happen again. Not again.

I closed my eyes expecting to feel the safety net underneath me, but instead I was caught by something else. Something sturdier, but soft and warm. I looked to my side to see someone's chest. I followed it up 'till I saw the person's face. It was Tre. He had saved me. He had caught me, and now I was in his arms. I felt so safe. So warm. So at peace.

Hell, if I could stay in one place for the rest of my life. At that moment, I would have chosen in Tre's arms.

I woke up to the thought that the dream had been kinda romantic.

"Wait," I thought. "What am I thinking? I'm mad at that jerk."

I looked at the clock and it was 1 PM. The good thing about being in the circus is that you never have to wake up early, we just need to be prepared in time for the show. So I went out to eat breakfre--I mean, lunch.

When I got back from eating, I went to the big tent to practice my act for the night, but I saw Kimmy, a unicyclist, on the tight rope like she owned the place.

"Kimmy what are you doing there?" I asked kindly, hiding my irritation.

"I'm practicing for my act. Tonihgt I get to unicycle on the tight rope," she said excited. She was only a year younger than me so I understood her excitement.

"What do you mean you're doing the tight rope act? You only did it twice before."

"Duh , that's why it's called practice."

"Anyways, hurry up! I need to practice too."

"You're not performing tonight."

"What do you mean? I always perform."

"I don't know. Talk to Boris. He said hes doesn't want you to go on after what happened last night. That's why he asked me to do the act. Of course, I said yes."

"What the fuck?" I exclaimed angrily as I went to search for Boris. I found him outside his trailer.

"Why the hell are you cancelling my act tonight? And don't you dare give me some bullshit excuse about my health," I said as I tried to contain my anger--keyword: tried.

"You see, if you go on tonight, and mess up like last night, people are not going to want to come to see the show because they'll think it's going to suck," he said nonchalantly.

"Well in not going to suck, and Kimmy has barely any practice on the tight rope."

"I know she's new at it, but people will be interested to see someone somewhat-new to the tight rope doing the act. And how do I know for a fact you won't mess up again. No one even knows why you fell."

"It was nothing. Now let me perform."

"How about this? I'll let you perform if people demand you. That or you just tell me why you screwed up."

I thought about it for a second and there was no way i was telling anyone--not even Boris. Even if that meant that I couldn't perform. I just need to find a way to make people want to see me.

"I'm not telling," I said determinedly as I left trying to figure out a way to make people demand me. As I walked carelessly around, I bumped into someone and fell. I looked up to see that the person I had bumped into was none other than Tre.

"What do you want know?" I asked, venom evident in my voice.

Tre flinched, but spoke anyways, "I heard what happened and that you're not performing tonight."

"Yeah. What's it to you?"

"I think I can help," he said, giving me a devious, and oh so sexy, smile.