My Opinion Doesn't Matter

Chapter 3

I watched as each strand of hair was picked up and curled. Softly, released to where it dangled against my cheek.

My eyes were coats in black and red. The bags were covered up with magical make-up. My lips were layered in a sticky, deep red lipstick that matched my dress almost perfectly.

"Alright Ronnie, I'll let you get dressed." Beth smiled, kindly before setting the curling iron down and leaving my room.

I slowly rose from the chair I was in and made my way to my closet where my dress was laid out with shoes and all of the above. I hated parties, but I had to go, for my parents needed me. Just for bragging rights.

I slipped my feet through the dress and pulled it upward. The hem of the dress bounced against the ground as I pulled the zipper up all the way. Once it was on I adjusted the straps before placing each foot into the shoes placed on the floor next to the closet door.

Once I was finished I turned to look into the mirror. My lips dragged downward into a frown. I was a life-size Barbie.

No mind of my own.

My clothes were picked out by my owners all my movements were done by whoever was playing with me. Whoever had me in their hands at the time and when I wasn't being played with I was left...

in the cold, alone and with nobody around me.



Our limo pulled up to the front of the house and I felt the cold rush of air come through the door. The lights from the house shone through the door. I stepped out slowly as My dressed dragged across the seat of the car. Once I was out and stable the door was closed and the limo drove off. I glanced back hoping there was a way out, but the driveway was long and rocky. I couldn't run in heels or let alone a long dress and when I turned back to look at the party my parents were gone, leaving me once again in the darkness of the night.

When I got in the house I was even more uncomfortable. I felt like I was being squeezed until I couldn't breathe anymore.

People were everywhere. Ball gowns and tuxes filled the halls of the Jenison Manor. I slipped past a few women who were most likely gossiping until I spotted kids around my age. My eyes scanned the group and landed on a familiar face. I smiled to myself as I made my way over to them.

"No way. Ronnie Manning!" My eyes flickered to the voice and I smiled wider.

"Val Carson!" I cheered. We hugged for a second before I looked at the other three people around her.

"Everyone, this is Ronnie."

"I'm Kadie." She was a blonde haired girl with dark brown eyes. Her make-up was done in a brown to mesh with her dress and eyes. I nodded and said 'hello'.

"Jason." My attention turned to a black-haired guy who looked slightly older than me. He was smiling with a tux and red bowtie.

"And lastly..." Val started. "This is Kaden." He looked the most uninterested in meeting me as I looked up. His lips were pressed into a firm line as he ran a hand through his brown hair.

"Excuse me." He replied, hurriedly. I frowned as he quickly walked away from us. I looked back over at Val and she shrugged.

"Don't worry. He does that a lot." Kadie told me. I forced a smile onto my face.

"So we were just talking about colleges." Jason started. My forced smile turned into a line as I stared at him. "What college are you going to." My breath suddenly felt like it had been taken away from me.

Tonight was going to be a very long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's been awhile and I'm sorry. Got caught up with things. I hope you liked the chapter. :)