My Opinion Doesn't Matter

Chapter 5

The water had stopped and my body went cold. The sudden breeze of cold turned my body frigid as I tried to reach for my towel. Wrapping it around my body tightly I made my way out of the shower and onto the hard tile. My wet hair fell onto my back, leaving droplets of water on my skin.

I felt my heart stop into my chest for a second as I looked into the mirror. This was the real me. My hair was messy and curled in many ways. No make-up was on my face showing the few blemishes and scars.

The bags must've grown since the other day for they were deeper than before. My lip had a cut from them being so dry. I hissed when my teeth grazed it.

Nightmares had kept me up during the night and the lack of sleep caused the bags to grow. I hated not getting sleep, but the nightmares wouldn't leave me alone. Each one different from the one before and none were repeated.

"Ronnie?" I cursed at the sudden voice and gripped the towel around my body tighter.

"Yes?" I asked walking to the door and unlocking it. I peeked through to see my mother.

"Are you ready for school yet? It's almost 7:30."

I rolled my eyes before answering, "Almost mom." She walked away without answering and I closed the door behind me as I left the bathroom.

I pulled out a shirt and a pair of jeans along with a bra and undies. I changed quickly and left my hair to finish drying by itself as I walked downstairs to the kitchen.

"Ronnie would you like a plate of bacon and eggs?" I smiled and nodded.

"Yes please James." James smiled back and made his way over to the stove.

"Veronica where are you?" I let out a small sigh and answered my father.

"In the kitchen!" In less than a minute his figure walked into the kitchen and I turned around to face him.

"Are you ready?" I frowned, but nodded. He had a small smile on his lips for second before it was gone again along with him.

"Ronnie would you like to take some toast with you?" My stomach growled and I nodded.

"Yeah, thanks James." With that I stuffed the buttered piece of bread in my mouth and ran to the hall so I could get my stuff together.



I made my way through the halls. I really didn't have many friends to talk to so I quietly made my way to my first block class where my best friend Lily was.

"Ow." I muttered as someone shoved themselves into me.

"Sorry." The person replied. I lookedaround a second and all I saw was the back of what I guessed to be a brown haired boy. I shrugged it off and continued walking.

When I entered the classroom I noticed Lily right away. Her blonde hair was down in curls like mine. I smiled when she noticed me and waved me over.

"Hey Ronnie."

"Hey Lil."

"Where were you this weekend? I tried calling you, but James had told me you were out." I frowned. Why hadn't James told me Lily had called.

"I'm sorry. My parents dragged me to this party." Lily nodded, understanding my predicament.

"Gotcha. Well I guess we can get together this weekend."

"I can't make any promises." Lily sighed.

"I know."

Lily was probably the only person who got me. Her parents weren't rich or anything, but they did care about her future. Instead of forcing her into things they let her choose her path. Sometimes I wished I was her.Shedidn't have to be forced into anything and she really was living the easy life.

Lily knew how my parents forced me into most things that I did. She also knew that most of the things I was forced into I didn't like. Lily understood me like others didn't, but sometimes she felt that I had the easy life.

The riches were what Lily wished she had. Even though I had told her many times before she still doesn't believe that she has the easy life and that money doesn't mean everything.

"Man I wish I could go to one of those parties." I sighed. Here she goes. "It had to be fun with all the gowns and dancing. Were there any cute guys?" I cringed. She made it sound so nice, but it wasn't anything like that.

"The gowns were hideious and there was no dancing. It was a social gathering." I told her honestly. Her smile faded and her daydreaming stopped as she stared at me.

"Why can't you ever find the beauty in things?" Lil asked me. I frowned.

"I just can't." I replied honestly.

I just never could.