A Fuzzy Ball of Death

1/1

The sneezing should have been Adam's first clue that something was off in the house. Sure it was early fall and his allergy's were blown all to hell anyway but at the rate he was sneezing, and the way his eyes were watering, Adam was surprised he even still had a head.

Popping two Benadryl should have helped but all it ended up doing was knocking Adam out. So when Tommy walked into the living room and saw Adam literally passed out on the couch, one leg flung over the back of the couch, one arm under his head with the other thrown over his eyes, the bass player couldn't help but giggle.

“Look, pretty, daddy's sleeping.” Tommy whispered to the small orange kitten curled into the bend of his arm.

Adam slept on while Tommy made his way into the kitchen, kitten in hand, to find the small thing something to eat.

When Adam finally did wake up, and manage to make his way into the kitchen for a much needed cup of coffee, it was to the sight of Tommy, sitting in the floor under the dining room table, pulling a string back and forth for a orange streak of lightening.

“What the hell is that?” Adam screeched before jumping up into the kitchen counter, his eyes wide and another sneeze practically exploding out of him.

“Dude, its a kitten.” Tommy said, laughing like it was normal for him to be sitting on the floor under the table with a fuzzy ball of death.

Adam glazed at the older man.

“So that's why I feel like I'm about to die. I'm allergic to cats, you ass.” Adam snapped, his eyes starting to water again.

“Oh.” Tommy said, his face dropping. “Adam, I-I didn't know.” Tommy stuttered as he quickly gathered the kitten up into his arms. “I'll um, I'll just take her and uh,” Tommy didn't know what to do because honestly, he'd planned to keep her.

“Where did you even find it?” Adam asked, sensing Tommy's unease.

“A couple blocks from here. She was backed into a corner by some big ugly dog and she was screaming and I just, I couldn't leave her!” Tommy's eyes were huge and slowly filling with tears. “But I didn't know you were allergic to them. I can take her down to the shelter in the morning.” Sighing, Tommy stood and made his way out of the kitchen. “I'll sleep in the guest room tonight, since I'm covered in kitten hair.”

Adam was pretty much speechless as he watched Tommy walk away from him. It was just a cat, a stupid ugly little kitten and Tommy, bad ass bass player for Adam Lambert, was crying, fucking crying over the silly little thing. Adam was floored.

Adam knew he needed something much stronger than coffee for this one.

Upstairs in the guest room, Tommy was laid out on his back, the orange kitten with bright blue eyes sitting on his chest, purring as the blonde man scratched under her neck.

“Too bad I can't keep you,” Tommy whispered to the small kitten. “I've always wanted a kitten, especially an orange one, but mom was allergic so it was never in the cards.” Tommy sighed. “Looks like its still not.” Blinking the few stray tears out of his eyes, Tommy willed himself to sleep. If he was taking the kitten to the shelter tomorrow, he was doing it first thing and getting it over with.

Outside the bedroom door, Adam was pretty damn sure his heart had just shattered into a million pieces.

“Damn it, Tommy Joe.” Adam mumbled as he made his way back downstairs. He had a few phone calls to make and he was gonna have to do it soon, before he sneezed his entire head off. “If I didn't love your sorry ass so fucking much.” Adam said to himself as he reached the living room and reached for his cell phone.

By the time Tommy woke the next morning, he was even more miserable than he'd been the night before. Opening his eyes and looking around for his, no the kitten, Tommy was surprised when he didn't see her anywhere. Jumping out of the bed, he quickly tore through the room, looking for her. It wouldn't do either of them for Adam to find her.

Running out of the room, Tommy checked the hallway first, then the bathroom and eventually Adam's room. Upon not finding her Tommy started to panic. Making his way downstairs, with the worst possible thoughts running through his mind, Tommy found himself almost knocked down by the sight before him.

“...and that means no shitting anywhere but that cute little box of yours, are we understood little Missy?” Adam asked the orange kitten that was sitting in front of him on the couch.

“Meow.” Bright blue eyes blinked up at Adam and yeah, the glam god himself melted just a little.

“Oh well fuck me, you're adorable.” Adam laughed as he scooped the kitten up into his arms.

“Adam?” Tommy said, finally finding his voice.

Adam turned quickly, a huge smile on his face. His eyes were no longer red and for the whole two minutes Tommy had been standing there, Adam hadn't sneezed.

“Hey, baby. We thought you were gonna sleep the day away.” Adam said, smirking.

“I uh, n-no. I was gonna take the kitten on down to the shelter when I got up-”

“Why would you take your kitten to a shelter, baby? I mean, she's yours, after all.” Adam said, smiling softly.

“But I thought you...” Tommy's eyes were wide.

“It often pays to be me, baby. I made a few calls last night, had an a doctor make a house call, which cost me out the ass, but he gave me something for the allergy to stop the sneezing and watery eyes. Actually, you owe me for the fucking shot I had to get because the damn pills wouldn't kick in fast enough with this little one around.” Adam chuckled as the kitten walked across his shoulders and settled across his neck.

“Adam, I-” Tommy started but stopped when he started to get choked up.

“How could I not let you keep her? I mean, she is kinda cute and all.” Adam said, looking at the small ball of fuzz on his shoulder. “And I gotta admit, seeing you with a kitten, its fucking hot man.” Adam smirked.

Tommy laughed as he moved across the room and settled himself down onto the couch beside of Adam and the kitten. He smiled when the orange baby moved onto his lap.

“So, do you have a name for her yet?” Adam asked, his eyes raking over Tommy and the kitten.

“Actually, I was thinking...” Tommy stopped, a small blush creeping up onto his cheeks.

“What? You were thinking what?” Adam asked, chuckling.

“Well, your babyboy and I'm glitterbaby, so maybe she can just be...babygirl?”

Adam couldn't help it, he smiled as he gathered Tommy into his arms.

“Our babygirl?” Adam asked, tucking Tommy underneath his chin and holding him close.

Tommy smiled as the kitten began to purr.

“Yeah, our babygirl.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Oh, my gosh! I adored this one!! I'm a total cat person, as I have more than you need to know about, so having this prompt was purrrfect for me! Hope you guys liked it too!