I'm Living the Good Life

One.

"LADIES, WE ARE HERE!" Kyle’s 'outside' voice woke me up.

I woke up in the backseat of FTSK’s van. That’s when I realized it wasn’t a dream. I was really going on Warped Tour. The guys invited us to tag along three days before the tour actually started. So, our super-best-friend, Deana, and I came to help out with merch.

"YAY!" Austin yelled from the passenger’s seat.
I felt Jonathan stir and shift a little in the seat beside me. "Please be quiet!"
I rubbed my eyes to look at the time on my phone. "Yeah, please guys. It’s like 5:30 in the freakin morning." I yawned and leaned on Jonathan.
He wrapped his arms around my torso and securely held me. "I’m glad you came," he whispered and tightened his grip.
I smiled and closed my eyes, sinking back into him. "Of course I came. You would be totally lost without me."
He quietly chuckled and was about to say something when Austin’s voice interrupted him. "DEANA! THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA’S BUS IS NEXT TO US!"
I saw Deana’s head shoot up, then a few seconds later she squealed "OH MY DEVIL WEARS PRADA!"
She started jumping over the seats, until she landed on my lap, causing me to pull out of Jonathan’s grip. "Ouch!" I whined, but I doubt she heard me. She was too busy reaching across me to get her bag. "Deana, it’s 5:30 in the morning."
She looked at me for the first time since she found out that we were near her favorite band. "CATT! IT’S THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA!"
I laughed slightly and grabbed her hand. "You’re not going out there. Wait a few feakin hours!"
She looked at me like I had a dancing elephant on my head, then she finally nodded. "Fine."
Everyone laughed, so she flipped them off. I rolled my eyes and leaned back on Jonathan. He wrapped his arms around me again, then started to play with my fingers. "Go to sleep," he whispered.
I closed my eyes, and let sleep slowly take over my body.
_________________________________________________________

"Catt, wake up." I heard a familiar voice softly say.
"Jonathan. Leave me alone." I lazily waved my arm around, hoping I’d hit him. I didn’t have any luck.
I heard him laugh. "No! You’re getting up!"
I opened one eye. "Why do I have to?"
He stuck out his bottom lip and his eyes got wide. "Because I wanna spend the day wiff you."
I groaned and slowly sat up and Jonathan had his own little victory party. When he was done congratulating himself, I said "So, what are we gonna do?"
He shrugged, and we climbed out of the van. "I dunno. We could take a walk and see what’s around here."
I nodded. "That sounds good, but can this walk consist of stopping somewhere that sells coffee?"
He laughed and put his arm around my shoulders. "Of course it can. Anything for Princess Catherine Paige."
I glared at him. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?"
He looked at me as we walked through the gates. "How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t care? I’ll call you whatever I want." He stuck out his tongue.
I rolled my eyes as we kept walking, turning onto the sidewalk. "Whatever. But I’ll just ignore you."
He let go of me and stopped walking. "So, you’d ignore me if I was being attacked by alligators and I called for Princess Catherine Paige?"
I smiled and nodded. "Yupp."
He pretended to cry. "I thought you loved me!"
I giggled. "I do love you! So, if you were actually attacked by alligators, and you wanted me to come save you, be sure to call for Catt."
He was still pretending to cry. "What if I forget? And it just slips out?" People were starting to stare at us.
I sighed, giving in. "Then, I guess I would have no choice but to save you."
He smiled brightly. "Good." He put his arm around my shoulders again and we kept walking.

After walking a few blocks away from the venue, we reached a Starbucks. "YES!" I ran into the Starbucks, almost knocking down four people. I ran to the counter and waited for someone to take my order. I felt Jonathan’s hands grab my waist. "You need to calm down. I don’t think you need coffee."
I turned around and looked at him. I poked his face. "Don’t get in between me and my coffee. I thought you would’ve known that by now. Isn’t that something a best friend should know?"
He laughed and put his hands up. "Fine! Go! Drink as much coffee as you want! And when your heart stops, because you’ve had too much caffeine, don’t come crying to me." I giggled and he walked away to get a table.
A few seconds later, a young girl with red hair and brown eyes came to the other side of the counter. She smiled and cheerfully said, "Hi, how can I help you?"
"Umm, I want two tall regular coffees."
She nodded and typed the order in, before giving me my total. I handed her a $10 bill, and she gave me my change.
I stood to the side and waited for the coffees, when I suddenly heard "Oh my god! You’re Jonathan Cook from Forever The Sickest Kids!" I looked to the corner to see Jonathan being attacked by three girls. I laughed slightly, then he looked at me with eyes that seemed to say 'help, please.' I picked up our coffees before walking over to them.

"Excuse me," I said sweetly as I tried to get through to Jonathan. That got me nowhere, except shoved by one of the girls, which caused me to spill one of the coffees on myself. "What the freak?! You idiot!" I bounced up and down as the coffee burned my torso.
"Catt! Are you okay?" Jonathan stood up and pushed the girls out of the way.
"Wait, you know her?" One of the girls asked.
He nodded and picked up the, now empty, coffee cup.
"Yeah, I’m his girlfriend!" Jonathan’s eyes got wide, but I gave him a face that told him to just play along.
"Seriously? She’s your girlfriend?" A different girl asked Jonathan as she shot me a nasty look.
"Uh, yeah." He threw away the cup and walked back over to me, before putting his arm around my waist. "We’ve been together for about…"
"Five months," I finished his sentence.
He nodded. "That sounds about right." He kissed the top of my head.
I looked at him and smiled.
"Oh, well I think y'all are a cute couple," the girl, that hadn’t said anything yet, finally spoke, lying through her teeth.
Jonathan pulled me closer to him. "Thanks."
"Uh, well we have to go," the girl that pushed me said awkwardly. "But we’ll see you at Warped Tour."
Jonathan nodded and waved at the three girls, before they left.

When they were out the door, Jonathan took his arm away from me. "Are you okay?"
I shook my head. "I need to go change my shirt. This junk is hotter than a British accent!" I slightly lifted my shirt, just to see that my stomach was completely red.
Jonathan made a face. "That looks painful."
"Uh, it kindda is. So can we go so I can change shirts?"
He nodded. "But do you not want any coffee?"
"I think I’ve had enough coffee to wake me up, thank you very much." I told him as we walked out the door.

He took my hand in his as we walked back to the venue. "So, has anything exciting happened so far on Warped tour?" I asked him.
He laughed slightly. "Well, I obviously got a girlfriend."
I swung our hands. "Yeah, sorry. It was all I could come up with in a short amount of time. And I couldn’t let my best friend get killed by fangirls."
"It’s all good. But why five months?"
I let out a small laugh. "I dunno. It just seemed like a good time span. You know what I mean?"
He nodded his head. "Yeah, I totally understand."
"Speaking of couples, have you noticed anything weird about Caleb and Deana?"
He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"
I hit his chest with my hand that he wasn’t holding. "You know what I mean! The whole freakin world can see it!"
He rubbed his chest, as to say that I hurt him. "You mean, how Caleb acts like he likes her?" I simply nodded, and Jonathan shrugged. "What’s new?"
"I don’t know. I just want to know why he doesn’t do anything about it."
"Like ask her out?"
I shot him a look. "No. Like grow a watermelon! Yes, ask her out!"
We walked through the gates of the venue, after showing security our passes. "Well, I don’t know why he would grow a watermelon, but maybe he’s afraid of getting rejected if he asks Deana out."
"Well, he’ll never know unless he tries."
He chuckled. "Why do you care so much?"
I opened the door of the van. "I don’t know. I just want Caleb to grow a pair and ask her out!"
He laughed and shook his head. "Change your shirt and wake Deana up. You two have to help Ziggy set up the tent soon."
I groaned as he started to walk away. "You’re such a slave driver!" I shouted at him.
He just kept walking and gave me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes and shut the van door.

I climbed to the back of the van, and on my way there I saw Deana sleeping. I kept going until I reached the back seat. I leaned over the seat to get a shirt out of my bag in the trunk. I quickly changed shirts and put the dirty one in Jonathan’s bag, considering it was his fault it was dirty. Then, I climbed back to the front of the van to the seat that Deana was sleeping in. I sat down on the floorboard and got right in her face, before yelling "DEANA! WAKE UP!"
She slapped my face, so I slapped her back. She groaned and sat up. "What do you want?"
I shrugged. "Well, it's almost nine. I thought you would want to go exploring, and maybe see a certain person from your favorite band…" I turned around and got out of the van. "But nevermind." I started walking away.

She finally caught up with me, and said "So this is Warped Tour." Then, she suddenly stopped. I looked at her and she whispered "He’s right there." I looked toward the direction she was looking in, before walking up to the three guys.
"Well, hello there. I’m Mike. And you are…?"
Deana spoke before I could say anything. "I’m Deana. I’m Forever The Sickest Kids’ merch girl." She extended her hand, so Mike could shake it.
She looked at Daniel, who was her favorite member, and smiled. She started to blush when he smiled back. She looked away from him, trying to hide her reddened face. "OOOH, YOU’RE BLUSHING, GIRL!"
She glared at me, and I smiled innocently. She slapped my arm, so I slapped her back.
She rolled her eyes and went back to talking to her favorite band. "So, let me guess. You’re Jeremy and Daniel?"
They looked slightly surprised. "Yup, we are."
She shook their hands and said "I knew. I’m a fan. You guys are kindda my idols."
Their faces lit up. "Well, that's so cool, we never have a girl as pretty as you tell us that were their idols."
Deana blushed a little more, before we heard Caleb’s voice. "DEANA! CATT! WHAT THE HECK? WE NEED TO GET SET UP!" I looked over to see Caleb and Jonathan walking over to us. I smiled to Jonathan, and he smiled back, before reaching me and putting his arm around my shoulders.
Deana rolled her eyes. "Well guys, since you decided that my happiness isn't important, this is Mike, Jeremy and Daniel for TDWP."
Jonathan and Caleb shook their hands. Then, Deana spoke again. "Well, we better go before these butt heads kick our butts."
Daniel laughed. "Hey, how about we meet up later, say about 8, our bus?"
Deana smiled and nodded. "Sounds good to me. I’ll see you then."

Then Deana, Caleb, Jonathan, and I started to walk back to the merch tent. Deana leaned over toward me. "Did that just happen?"
I chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, it did."
Not too long after, we arrived at the tent, to see that Ziggy had already set up. "Good work young grasshopper."
We all laughed and Ziggy flipped us off. I rolled my eyes and sat down on one of the fold-out chairs. A few minutes later, Jonathan asked if he could sit with me. I nodded and started to scoot over, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me up, before taking my chair and setting me on his lap. "You could’ve sat beside me."
He shook his head. "This way, we have more room." He were both silent for a minute as I played with a strand of his hair. "I’m really glad you came."
I nodded. "Me too. Even though I’m the worst merchie ever."
He chuckled. "That may be true, but without my 'girlfriend' I would’ve been attacked at Starbucks."
I rolled my eyes and he kissed my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it so far.
Deana's chapter is next. :)
-Catt
P.S. Comment if you want more chapters.