I'm Living the Good Life

Five.

By the time I got to the van, Deana was already there. She was sitting on the ground, leaning against the tire, playing with her phone. I jumped in front of her while I yelled, “DEANA!”
She jumped and kicked my shin. “Catt! I freakin hate you! Why do you have to be a spaz all the time?”
I giggled and shrugged. “I dunno. It’s fun?” I sat down on the ground beside her. “So, what did you wanna talk about, my home skillet?”
She smirked. “What’s the deal with you and Jonathan?”
I groaned and laid on the gravel parking lot. “Nothing! He was being attacked by those Californian girls, so I was helping him. It just came out. And he decided to be a doofus and tell the guys!”
Deana chuckled. “Yeah, whatever.”
I glared at her, then put my arms over my eyes so the California sun didn’t shine straight in them. “What’s the deal with you and Daniel?”
“I don’t know. I mean, he flirted with me…but he could just be a flirt, ya know?”
I nodded, with my arms still covering my eyes. “Yeah. I mean, he is a band guy. We both know how band guys can be. We’re around them everyday.”
I heard Deana laugh. “Yeah, but I think that Daniel’s different, if we’re comparing him to our boys.”
I shrugged. “I dunno. Maybe.”
We were both silent, until I sat up and looked at Deana. “Do you want to head back to the tent? The guys are probably there, just hanging out.”
She nodded, before we stood up and started walking back to the tent.

When we got back to FTSK’s merch tent, we noticed that everyone wasn’t there. It was just Ziggy, Marc, Kent, Austin, and Kyle. I sat down on Kyle’s lap, and he started bouncing his legs, trying to get me off. I giggled, but kept my position on his lap. He eventually gave up and wrapped his arms around my torso, pulling me back to him. “Catt is my bestest friend! And I’m not sharing! Not even with her boy toy, Jonathan!” I rolled my eyes, but didn’t say anything because I figured it wasn’t worth it.

Everyone looked at Deana when she broke the silence. “Where’s Caleb and Jonathan?”
Austin shrugged. “Caleb left after our set, so when Catt left Jonathan, he went to find him. They haven’t come back yet.”
I jumped off Kyle’s lap. “I shall go find them!” I ran off, before anyone could tag along.

After about five minutes of wandering around the venue, and pushing my way through mobs of teenage girls trying to get to some band boys, I decided to go look for them at the van.
I walked to the van, and as I approached it, I heard their voices. As wrong as I knew it was, I hid behind the van and listened to their conversation.

First, I heard Caleb’s voice. “Dude! You don’t understand! She really likes him!”
I heard Jonathan sigh out of frustration. “Caleb, just tell Deana how you feel.”
“She likes him! And I know he likes her! Who couldn’t like her?!”
Jonathan laughed slightly. “Well, I don’t like her.” He paused, and I knew that Caleb glared at him. “Well, I mean, uhh, I don’t like her like that,” Jonathan stuttered throughout his sentence, causing me to giggle quietly.
“Yeah, because everyone knows you like Catt like that.” My eyes got wide when I heard Caleb say that.
I let out a breath of relief when I heard Jonathan say, “Shut up! I don’t like Catt. She’s my best friend!”
Caleb chuckled. “Yeah, okay. Whatever you say.”
Even though I couldn’t see him, I knew Jonathan rolled his eyes. “Come on, let’s head back to the tent.” I heard them stand up, and I quickly turned around and started to hastily walk away. After I took about ten steps, I heard Caleb say my name. “Catt!”
I stopped walking and turned around. “Oh, hey guys! What’s up?”
Caleb put his arm around my shoulders. “Nothing really. We were just talking.”
I raised an eyebrow, pretending I didn’t hear any of their conversation. “About what?”
He shrugged. “Music.”
I nodded and looked at Jonathan. He wasn’t looking at me, so I playfully punched his stomach. He rubbed his stomach and pouted. “What was that for?”
I giggled. “Just because.”
He rolled his eyes, and we continued to walk back to the tent.

When we arrived at the tent, everyone was just sitting around and talking. I sat down on the merch table, while Jonathan and Caleb leaned on it.
Austin smiled at us. “I see you found them.”
I shook my head. “They found me,” I lied.
Before Austin could say anything else, I heard a semi-familiar voice from behind me. “Hey Deana. You ready to go?” I looked behind me to see Daniel. I looked back at Deana as she nodded and stood up. I got off the table and gave Deana a hug. "Have fun and don't get preggers," I whispered to her.
She giggled and pulled away. She walked over to Daniel, and he put his arm around her waist. I looked at Caleb, who was giving Daniel the death stare. I lightly stepped on his foot, so he would stop staring before Deana could see. He glared at me as Deana looked back at us and waved. “Bye guys. I’ll see y’all later tonight.”
I smiled and waved, then when they were out of sight, I looked back at Caleb. “What the freak is your problem?”
He looked at me. I could see anger in his eyes. “What the freak is your problem?!”
“Dude! Calm yourself! I was just joking.”
He pushed through me and Jonathan. “Well, I’m not. Just leave me alone!”
We all watched him walk away, then I heard Austin sarcastically mumble “Well, if this keeps going on, Warped Tour is gonna be so much fun.”

After a few moments of silence, Kent stood up. “I’m hungry. Who wants to go find food?”
Kyle quickly jumped up. “Meeeeeeee!”
Austin, Marc, and Ziggy also stood up and decided to go with them, leaving me and Jonathan. We sat down in the fold-out chairs and watched the crazy kids running frantically around the venue. “So, how’s the first day of tour been for you?” I asked Jonathan, breaking the silence.
He shrugged. “It’s been good.”
“Have you seen our stalkers anymore?” I laughed slightly.
He smirked. “Not since our kiss.”
I rolled my eyes and slumped back into the chair, and muttered “I regret asking you now.”
Jonathan laughed. “Sorry.”
We were both quiet for a few minutes, until I had to help some customers. I stood up and walked to the merch table. One of the two teenage girls asked for a flamingo shirt, and I looked at Jonathan. “How much is that shirt?”
He shrugged. “Twenty dollars?”
I nodded and the girl handed me a twenty dollar bill. Then, the other girl asked for a bracelet, and a black shirt. I gave her a bracelet, then looked around for the bin with the black shirts. After about five minutes of looking, Jonathan laughed and got up. “You’re a horrible merch girl,” he said as he picked a shirt out of the only bin I hadn’t looked in. He handed it to the girl and she gave him the money. He told them to have a good day, before they walked away.
I poked his chest. “In my defense, I have no idea what I’m doing.”
He chuckled. “What have you been doing all day? You were supposed to be learning how to be Super Merch Girl!”
I shrugged and sat down. “Well, I was busy being your girlfriend. Then, I sold merch for an hour as Ziggy went to find food, I watched your set, and I pretended to be your girlfriend some more. Oh! Then I had to go find you and Caleb, but failed and you found me.”
He laughed slightly and shook his head. “Wow. Eventful day.”
I nodded, before Jonathan started talking again. “Speaking of me and Caleb, he, uhh, told me something.”
I looked at him. “What did he tell you?”
“He really likes Deana-”
I opened my mouth and put my hands on my cheeks, making a surprised face. “NO WAY!”
He rolled his eyes. “And he doesn’t want to ask her out, because he thinks Daniel likes her.”
I sunk back into the chair and closed my eyes. “So? Just because Daniel likes her, he can’t ask her out?”
I heard Jonathan sigh. “I guess that’s what he thinks.”
I pointed to Jonathan, with my eyes still closed. “I told you that he just needs to grow a pair and ask her out. And look at him now. He’s acting like he’s on his man-period, because Deana is hanging out with Daniel.”
He chuckled. “Yeah, well I tried to tell him to go ahead and ask her out, but you know how stubborn he is. He wouldn’t even listen to me.”
I shrugged. “That’s his problem. If he wants to watch Deana get taken by another guy, he can.”
“Yeah, because I know for a fact, Daniel and Deana are going to end up together this summer.”
I nodded, knowing exactly what was going to happen. “I know, but Daniel seems like a nice guy…”
Jonathan looked at me and raised an eyebrow. “Catt. He’s in a hardcore band, he can’t be that nice.”
I shook my head, knowing that he may or may not be right. “So, what movie shall we watch on my Iphone tonight?” I asked, changing the subject.
He took my phone and went through the list. “The Hangover, hands down.”
I giggled and nodded. “Deal.”

About an hour later, all the guys returned. Jonathan and I decided to go ahead and head back to the van. We walked there, hand in hand.
When we got to the van, Jonathan unlocked it and we climbed to the backseat. After we got comfortable, I got out my phone and started playing the movie. I leaned on Jonathan, and put my head on his shoulder. Before the movie was even halfway over, I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Comments would be lovely.
I heart you guys bunches! <3
-Catt