Status: writer's block... small hiatus :(

It's a Brand New Day

Connect 3

"Wow the drinks come out of instruments... What doesn't this place have?" I squealed as I poured myself a drink from a french horn.

"Eggs eaten by Jessica Simpson," Ella replied pouting.

"Are you ever going to get over that?" Mitchie laughed as we took our seats. There were only four benches so Ella and Margret sat together.

"No that was one of you stories I would've loved to keep believeing." I eyed her and they all waved it off so I just shrugged and stuck a fork in my potato salad.

"Oh my gosh this is really good!" I praised, stuffing more of it into my mouth.

"Well tell your mom to add one more person to her list of satisfied campers." The guy who'd fallen off the truck earlier came and sat down next to Mitchie. Followed by a boy with curls and another boy with curls. The first one with the big pouty lips sat down next to Caitlyn and the other one sat down next to me.

"I guess the whole introducing you at Camp Fire Jam just went out the window. August this is Shane," She pointed to the one who'd fallen, "Nate," the one with the lips, "And finally Jason, Grey... Brown is their uncle. They came for the whole summer." Mitchie finished as Shane wrapped his arm around her.

"Hi I'm August--" I stopped talking as I had spit food all over Jason's face. Swallowing I handed him my napkin and I could feel myself blushing. "Sorry about that. I was trying to say, Hi, I'm Augustana but as you can see peopel call me August. Just I was gonna say it without the spray of food. But I hear that potato salad is a good moisturizer."

"Well it is nature's happiest vegetable." He replied.

Everyone looked at him.

"How do you come up with that?" Nate asked.

"Because Potatoes grow underground right? Wouldn't you be happy to be nice and warm and cozy underground sleeping for most of the year I think I would!" Jason exclaimed as if it were the most right thing in the world.

"It's okay sweetie someone somewhere will get you," Margret said patting his curls.

I laughed along with everybody else. But in the back of my mind I understood completely. Jason Grey was just as open minded as I am.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"How could I have been so stupid! I mean I spit food on him, and then what was that 'potato salad is a good moisturizer!?' I am a complete and total asshat! Maybe I can make up for it at Campfire Jam, do you think?" I looked at all the girls as we sat on the floor in the cabin.

"Oh someone likes herself a cookie-cutter popstar!" Ella exclaimed.

"I do not!" I squealed.

"Yes you do. If you didn't you would not have just argued with yourself or asked if you could redeem yourself at the camp fire tonight. Not to mention you denied annnnd you're turning as red as a tomato," Caitlyn observed.

"Whatever you have no clue what you're talking about," I scoffed and stood up. I walked over to my stuff and pulled out my music book.

If I was going to blow Jason away I had to sing an amazing song.

"It's okay, August we all have our secrets. We won't tell if you don't want us to," Mitchie said, her hand on my shoulder.

"You won't... Thank you so much!" I cursed myself for saying it. Now there was no denying it. I mean sure Jason was cute. He was freaking gorgeous if we're going to get technical about it, but no asked for all that.

"This song has to be perfect it has to be the most amazing song I've ever written." I flipped through my book before my eyes landed on a song that I had written almost a year ago. "This is it! This one right here!" I showed it to everyone and they instantly loved it. They said it was an amazing way to start off and show everyone my sound.

"Now to make you look amazing!" Ella exclaimed.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Okay and rockin out for her first time at Camp Fire Jam and at Camp Rock August Kincaid!" Brown introduced me and I walked out on stage. I walked to the mic taking a deep breath.

The mic stand was to short so I had to bend down to pull it up. Smacking myself in the process.

"Fudge muffins... Owww!" I looked up and everyone was laughing, including Jason. I flushed red. "This clearly isn't going how I planned so how about I just start singing? Oh and Jason I'm still sorry I spit food on your face that wasn't very cool of me."

I rolled my eyes. I was being stupid. I sighed and started sturmming my guitar.

"When I was younger I saw
My daddy cry and curse at the wind
He broke his own heart and I watched
As he tried to reassemble it
And my momma swore that she would
Never let her self forget
and that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it does not exist

But darlin' you are the only exception..."


I continued strumming and singing looking out to the crowd to see people's mouths hanging open. I saw Jason talking to his brothers and smiling as he listened.

"... And we've got to find other ways to make it alone
or keep a straight face
And I've always lived like this
Keepin' a comfortable distance
But up until now I had sworn to myself
That I'm content with loneliness
Because none of it was ever wirth the risk

Well you are the only exception..."


I heard a clap going and watched to see Jason joining in. I bit my lip as I played the short guitar solo before starting to sing again.

"I've got a tight grip on reality but I can't
let go of what's in front of me here
I know you're leavin' in the morning when you wake up
leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream

ohh, ohh..."


I smiled happy with the reaction I was getting form the crowd. I'd never sang for a crowd this big before. It had always made me nervous, but this was so exhilerating. I couldn't bevieve I'd never tried this before.

"... You are the onvy exception

And I'm on my way to believeing
Oh and i'm on my way to believeing..."


I finished strumming out the last part and stood there waiting. I thought I might cry when I heard the applause finally hit my ears. I looked to see Jason giving me a thumbs up.

"Thanks so much you guys!" I called before walking off stage.

"There's no way he didn't like that... But tomorrow we'll know for sure. He's teaching guitar this summer, and it's on our schedule after stage presence with Shane!" Mitchie squealed excitedly.

"You really think he liked it?" I said, scrunching up my face.

"If he didn't he'd have to be deaf and dumb August because you were amazing," Margret answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohkay so now that the premier weekend of CR2 is over and it's my holiday and I aint gots no school today(technically according to my clock 'cause it's 3:45am where I'm at)

so i thought I'd pump this out and if anyone out there is reading... can you somment please? Even if you do't subscribe I want you to comment becaue I wanna know how you feel about it!!

:D

oh and here's August's camp fire jam outift!!!
Image

comment/sub pu-wease! :)