Status: writer's block... small hiatus :(

It's a Brand New Day

Totes Amazing

Jason and I had been eating lunch together everyday since that forced picnic a couple weeks ago.

We were currently talking about a particular song that he liked that I thought was simply atrocious.

"It's not good Jason I'm sorry. You can't change my mind," I said laughing.

"Well what have you got that's better?" He asked.

"Actually I'm glad you asked that. There's a song I've been working on and I wanna get someone's opinion on it," I took out my guitar and strummed it to make sure it was tuned.

"Alright let's hear it, I've been dying for new music anyway," He said.

I started playing, the notes falling out effortlessly.


I see him standing by his cabin all day
I wanna say hey, but boy I'm too shy to break the ice
I know he knows a lot of my friends
I heard this from them
He's not only fine he's so nice

And I can see that
because of him I've got it so bad
I wonder if he knows
that he's the one boy
but I need help with my approach boy

If only he could step in my shoes
He'd know how I feel
He'd know that I'm good for him
If only he could step in my shoes
Baby he'd see what I mean and let me just make a move
If only he could step in my shoes


"That's all I got so far, for the words anyway. I've got the whole songs chords and progressions and stuff done but the words are eluding me," I said, strumming out the rest of the melody for the song.

"Well what if you told the second part of the song from the guys perspective?" He asked.

"Like how?" I asked.

"Try this." He motioned for me to pick up the chords from where the lyrics leave off.


Sometimes I think she's looking over at me
Like I'm what she needs
But maybe it's all in my mind?
I wish that I could give her a call
Confessing it all
And one of these days I just might
Get her number
But for now I'll have to wonder

If only you could step in my shoes


"Jason that's perfect, you are totes amazing!" I squealed pressing my lips to his quickly.

"It's easy if you apply real life situations to your songs," He said.

I looked at him questioningly.

"Jason if you have something to say you have to say it. If you haven't noticed in the past few weeks... I'm no good at reading between the lines," I told him.

"We've been doing this beach thing for a while right?" He asked.

"It'll be a month on Thursday," I answered.

"We always kiss when I drop you off at your cabin after?" He continued.

"That's very nice yes," I answered, a smile spreading across my face. "Jason Grey what's with the questions?"

"I'm sorry I'm just, not good at this whole expressing my feelings thing. No one ever gives me a chance. They think I'm goofy or stupid so when I'm trying to be serious no one takes me seriously," He answered.

"Well if it's any consolation, I don't think you're goofy or stupid. I think you're funny and unique, with your own way of thinking and expressing yourself. S'one of the many reasons I think you're adorable," I explained.

"You really think that? No one's ever said that to me before. Anyway, August I like you a lot in case you never, you know figured it out. I've never really met anyone as beautiful as you, or anyone I have so much in common with either. I just wanted to ask if you'd be my girlfriend?" He asked.

"You think I'm beautiful? Really Jason? That's like the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me, I don't even know what to say," I gushed.

"An answer would be proper," He said chuckling.

"Oh right. Yes Jason Grey. I would like that more than anything," I answered, my cheeks turning red.

He let out a sigh of relief, and I smiled even wider. His hand came and caressed my cheek. He leaned in and kissed me and somehow this one felt even more electric than the very first one we ever shared.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You guys I have the best news ever!" I squealed, after Jason, my boyfriend walked me back to my cabin.

"Spill!" They all said at the same time.

"Jason asked me out!" I yelled.

"No way," Caitlyn said.

"All the way, way. It was so cute because he was all nervous and junk. He tried hinting but you guys know I'm bad at that whole reading between the lines thing. You guys I'm dating Jason Grey!" I gushed.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO here it is guys... did I make it go to fast? I just have some stuff I want to get in here so I had to get this out of the way... But I like this a lot :)

Song Credit: In My Shoes, Jordan Pruitt

Summer snow bunny
Image

comment/sub/tell your friends! :D