Last Train to Boston

One Shot

The countryside was a blur as Marie stared out the window of the train as it raced along the tracks. She thought about what she was going to say to him once she arrived in Boston. She wondered how he would take the news that she was leaving to take a job on another coast. Would it be the end of them, or would he want to go with her?

She was so deep in thought that she didn't even notice the door to the compartment she was in open.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" a sweet sounding voice asked, jolting her from her thoughts.

She turned her attention to the dark haired man that had entered, along with two other men and a woman. She was immediately taken in by his appearance. He was dressed in black jeans, a blue button down shirt that he had buttoned to the top, and a black bowtie was securely placed under his collar. His sleeves were rolled up half way between his wrist and elbow revealing colorful tattoos on both arms. His lips were adorned with snakebites, and he had the most beautiful green eyes she had ever seen in her life.

"What was that?" she gulped, forcing her words.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" he asked again with a smile.

"Sure." she said, pulling her bag closer to her to make room.

"I'm Zack." he said. "This is Matt, Val, and Brian."

"Nice to meet you all. I'm Marie." she smiled.

Everyone nodded and smiled at her as they returned the sentiment and took their seats.

"So, you're traveling alone?" Zacky asked, flashing another smile at her.

"Just to Boston. Then I'm meeting someone." she answered.

"That's where we're headed." Val spoke up.

"Really? What takes you there?" Marie inquired.

"Business." Brian said bluntly. "You?"

"Well, I'm going to Boston to tell my fiancé' that I've taken a job with a record label in California. I'm not sure how he'll take it. It may very well end our engagement, but working in the music business has always been my dream." she babbled, not sure why she was telling this group of perfect strangers her business.

"Well, if he loves you enough, he wouldn't want to hold you back from your dreams." Val said with a nod.

"I know, but I don't see him leaving the family business to come with me." Marie added.

"Fuck him then." Brian blurted out, earning a slap to the back of his head by Matt.

"Don't mind Brian. He's a little hung over." Matt chuckled. "What record label? If you don't mind me asking."

"Warner in L.A." she answered.

"Seriously?" Zack exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Yeah, why?" she asked, looking somewhat confused.

The entire group looked at each other for a couple of minutes, then back to Marie.

"It's just kinda coincidental that we're on a train with someone that we're likely to be working with at some point." Zacky finally answered.

"Not to sound stupid, but what do you mean? You guys are a band?" Marie asked.

"Yeah, we sure are." Zack answered.

"Wow. That's amazing. What band?" she asked.

"Well, you're wearing one of our shirts!" Matt laughed as he pointed at her chest.

"Avenged Sevenfold? Well fuck if I don't feel like a complete idiot!" Marie laughed as the others joined in.

"I'm guessing you've only heard us, but not seen us?" Zack asked.

"No, I've seen you. I saw you guys back when Waking the Fallen came out. Unfortunately, since I met Joshua, I haven't been to many concerts." she answered.

"Sounds like he's a douche." Brian grumbled, never opening his eyes.

"Brian, behave yourself." Val scolded.

"No, it's ok. He's not into the same music as me. He's more into that stuffy shit that you hear at the country club." Marie chuckled.

"He needs to broaden his horizons then." Brian said, rearranging himself in his seat, before covering his face with his hat.

"I suppose so, but I doubt that happens. Maybe once I move to L.A. I'll be able to take in some shows." Marie added.

"Well, why wait?! You should come to our show tonight!" Matt exclaimed as he pulled out his phone and left the compartment.

"Where's he going?" she asked.

"Probably working on getting you a pass for the show tonight." Zack smiled.

"I don't know if I can come. It depend on how things go with Joshua."

"Nonsense! You're coming!" Val exclaimed.

"Yes, please come?" Zack said, giving her puppy dog eyes that made her melt into her shoes.

Marie looked at him, then Val, the to a sleeping Brian before turning her gaze back to Zack.

"Ok, but I need to make a phone call before I say it's definite." she said, excusing herself.

Marie found an empty compartment two doors down from hers and stepped inside, dialing her phone. Joshua’s secretary answered to her relief.

“Hi Becky, it’s Marie. Listen, could you tell Joshua that I won’t be there until the morning? I’ve had something come up.” she lied.

“Sure thing Marie. he’s in a meeting, but I’ll tell him as soon as he’s finished.” Becky said cheerfully.

“Thank Becky.” she said, hanging up the phone.

She tucked her phone in her purse and turned to leave the compartment, only to be stopped dead in her tracks by Zack.

“Did I scare you?” he asked.

“Just a little, but it’s ok. I can come tonight. I got it worked out.” she smiled.

“Good.” he said, moving closer to her.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“I’m going to kiss you.” he whispered as he wrapped his tattooed arms around her waist and pulled her into him before crashing his lips into hers.

At first she fought, but soon gave in as his tongue parted her lips and entered her mouth. They kissed long and hard, exploring each other's mouths as Zack slowly reached behind him and locked the door. He caressed Marie's neck as he laid her down on the large bench seat, deepening the kiss as he lowered himself carefully on top of her. Their legs intertwined as she found her fingers snaking their way through his hair. Zack teased her stomach with his fingers where the hem of her t-shirt lay before pushing it up so he could cup her right breast with his hand. Soon, she found herself reaching for his belt as he sat up, pulling off her shirt, then reaching around to unhook her bra. After leaving their clothes in a messy pile on the floor, Zack spread her legs, then buried his face in between them, teasing her throbbing clit with his tongue. Once again, she found her fingers in his hair as her body lost control and she screamed in ecstasy. This excited him tremendously as he stood and drove his hard cock into her opening, pounding relentlessly. She dug her nails into his pale back and moaned loudly as she bit his shoulder, causing him to become more excited. He growled and picked up the pace, pounded her harder and harder as they both came. Zack then collapsed on the floor, pulling Marie down on top of him.

"You, you are amazing." he panted as he wrapped his arms around her.

“So are you.” she whispered, barely audible, as she lay on his chest.

“I don’t know what came over me Marie. I just felt something the second I laid eyes on you and had to do something about it.”

“This is definitely a first for me.” she said, raising her head so their eyes met. “I mean, I’ve known you for all of an hour, and now I’m laying here naked with you.”

“Same here. We’re either a couple of horny fucks, or there’s something to this. Like love at first sight or some shit.” he chuckled.

“I think it’s something more Zack. Like the second I laid eyes on you, something inside me kind of, I dunno, jump started.” Marie said.

“Same here. Question is, what do we do about it? You’re engaged and I’m on the road for the next four months.”

"I don't know. I'm fairly sure Joshua and I will be over as soon as I tell him I'm moving to California. And you know, I'm ok with that." Marie smiled as she stood up, gathering her clothes, then redressing.

"And if he decides he wants to go with you?" Zacky questioned as he put his own clothes back on.

"The way I see it is like this. It doesn't matter. I obviously don't love him the way I thought I did considering I just had sex with someone I only just met. So, the way I see it, I have to end it with him. It's only fair to both of us." she answered.

"Sooooo, you're uh, saying we have a chance?" Zack asked with a confused smile on his face.

"Yes Zack. Like you said, there's something to this. I don't do this, ever. So for once, I'm willing to just roll with it and see where it leads. That is, if you are. No matter, I'm still ending it with Joshua."

"I think I can live with that. The rolling with it, I mean." he smiled before pulling her into his chest and kissing her.

After making sure their clothes were straight and hair back in place, Marie and Zacky made their way back to the other compartment to join the others. When they entered, Marie noticed two more men who Zacky introduces as Jimmy and Johnny. For the next two hours the all talked and got to know a little bit about Marie. When they reached Boston, Zacky walked her to a taxi, where they exchanged numbers, as well as kisses, then vowed to see each other that night at the show.

Marie checked into a hotel, then took a shower before deciding to call Joshua. When she didn't get an answer, she decided she'd go see him and get the break up over with instead of waiting until the morning. When she arrived at his loft, she let herself in quietly. She stopped suddenly in the kitchen when she saw them. She looked closely as Joshua and Becky rolled around in the bed laughing. Marie was shocked, but didn't care. A smile crept across her face as she laid her key on the counter, then slipped out unnoticed. Once outside, she hailed a cab and headed to the nearest pawn shop where she sold her engagement ring at a loss. She didn't care though. After all, it wasn't her money that had bought it to begin with. She headed back to her hotel, calling Zacky along the way. He didn't answer, so she left a message, then called Joshua's cell, and to no surprise, reaching his voice mail.

"Well hello Joshua. I didn't want to disturb you while you were fucking your secretary, so I left my key on the counter for you. Thank you for making it easier to move to California. Don't bother calling me back because I won't answer. Oh and if you want that engagement ring back, you'll find it at Village Pawn. Have a nice life Joshua. I truly hope you catch something that bleach won't wash off." she spat before hanging up.

Once back at her hotel, Marie began readying herself for the show. As she touched up her make up, there was a knock on the door. When she opened it, the bellhop handed her an envelope, along with a small bouquet of pink roses. She laid the roses on the coffee table and opened the envelope, finding a backstage pass and a note:

Hope you like the flowers. I wasn’t sure what you liked, so took my chances. There will be a car waiting out front for you at 6:30. See you soon.

Zack


Marie checked the time, 5:30. She hurried and got dressed, then ran down to the hotel restaurant to grab a quick bite to eat. She finished her meal with five minutes to spare, then headed out front where she found a black limo waiting.

“Are you Marie?” the driver asked.

“Yes.” she answered as he opened the door for her to get inside.

Once they arrived at the venue, she was dropped off in back by the buses where she was greeted by a tall man with long hair.

“You must be Marie.” he smiled as he ushered me inside.

“Yeah, that’s me.” I said timidly.

“Wait in here.” he said, opening the door to a dressing room.

She nodded and he left. She looked around the room, noticing a couple of guitars and a bass sat on stands along one of the walls. One was red with the numbers “6661” on it, and the other was black with white pinstripes. The bass was black with a marbled black design on it. She wanted so badly to pick up that bass for some reason, but was quickly jolted from that thought as the door opened. She turned around to see the entire band, along with Val walk in.

“You came!” Val exclaimed, hugging her.

“I said I would didn’t I?” she gasped, trying to breathe.

Val released Marie with a chuckle. Her gaze fell on green eyes as a smile made it way across her face. Zacky scooped her into a hug, then planted a kiss on her lips. To her surprise, no one seemed to care. It was like they’d been together for ages and it was just and everyday thing. He must’ve told them. That was the only explanation she could think of as he pulled her down onto the black sofa beside him.

“I’m glad you came.” he smiled.

“Zack, I’m not one to go back on my word.” she said softly. “I broke up with Joshua too.”

“Already? I thought you were gonna do that tomorrow?” he questioned with an ever growing smile on his face.

Marie went on to tell him what had happened when she went to see Joshua, along with what she did with the ring afterwards. He couldn’t help but laugh when she told him how she’d told Joshua where he could find the ring if he wanted it back. They talked for quite awhile, then on of the roadies came in and told them they had five minutes before they had to be on stage. Zacky kissed Marie and left her in the care of the tall man, who had finally been introduced to her as Thor. He lead her to the side stage so she could watch the show...

Marie stood there turning her rings on her finger as she watched Zacky and the rest of the guys play their hearts out for the crowd. She felt a hand on her shoulder as she turned to see an eight month pregnant Valary Sanders holding onto her as she adjusted one of her shoes. Marie smiled at her, touching her own bump that had only just appeared in the past week, as they stood together watching their husbands.

“I can’t believe it’s been five years since they played here.” Val shouted over the loud music.

“It’s been exactly five years to the day Val.” Marie shouted back.

“Five years since we met.” Val chuckled.

“The best five years of my life.” Marie smiled as Zacky looked her way.

“I love you.” she mouthed to him.

“I love you too.” he mouthed back with a wink, before running to center stage to do a dueling guitar solo with Brian.

“I’m so glad I took that train.” she thought to herself as she let out a content sigh and watched her man do what he did best.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this for a friend of mine. Who she is isn't important. She knows it's for her. :)

CLICK FOR MY OTHER STORIES

A7X FANS CLICK & JOIN