Status: Might be revised

Virtual Reality

Black

“What happened!?” Pink Rabbit screamed, grabbing onto her brother’s sleeve. “I’ve never heard of players passing out before! Did he just suddenly log off or something?”

Kneeling down next to Star, Quintis suppressed the urge to tell his thick skulled sister that basically their new friend wasn’t a he or a she for that matter. But there were more pressing matters at hand. She was right though, players couldn’t pass out; if Star had simply had to log off suddenly her character shouldn’t have been in such extreme pain before it collapsed.

He bent to pick Star up, with Pink Rabbit hovering around worriedly. Then, he stopped. Star had begun to stir in his arms and he gently put his new team mate down on the floor. He found himself staring into two blood red orbs and he fell backwards in shock. Hadn’t Star had silver eyes? And had Star been so muscular, with such dark hair? The gender ambiguous bubbly creature he had known had clearly changed into something very male and sinister looking.

“Star!?” Pink Rabbit exclaimed as she and her brother collectively moved backwards. She helped her brother up, both staring shocked at the slowly rising form of what had been Star.
Star had been tall but this new person was taller, and every piece of clothing was a dark consuming black. He stretched languidly, cat like, keeping them both rooted to the spot with his hypnotising eyes. Finally he strolled forward and put his hands on his hips, a reckless grin stretching across his dulled silver skin.

“My, my, you’re a pretty weak bunch to be thinking you can train ME.” His eyes roved over them, almost hungrily.

“Who’re you?” Quintis was the first to speak and move, snapping out of the trance like state he had nearly drowned in. His hand crept clenched around his staff and he shifted to place himself in front of his sister who was too dumbstruck to object at being protected.

The Star imposter grinned even wider, exposing fangs that caught the moonlight. “Oh, that must’ve been rude of me. Name’s Black. And I’m taking over for a while.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but powerful? I don't like this chapter, it feels too corny but the main purpose of introducing the newest cast member has been fulfilled. Dear readers, meet....Black! Although he seems super evil he's...Okay he's super evil but you'll grow to like him. :D (I hope)

Thank you for all the comments!