Status: Active and updates will be regular

Aerobics

Time to get Honest

I had all the information I needed. I heard Julia call it was time for dinner. I headed downstairs. It was one of my favourite dinners, but not my absolute favourite, cabbage, potatoes and tuna pie. I sat down next to Julia. I had to be right out with what I wanted to tell her.

“Julia, I remember, or at least think I remember that my mum was in an aerobics club or something.” I said.
“Your right and I have to… quickly get something!” Julia went out the door and towards her bedroom. I thought to myself why Julia wouldn’t like to talk about it with me. I mean, I am 13, not a little child anymore. I have a right to talk about it, she’s my mother. Julia always treats me like I’m three or something!
Julia walked back in. I was about to complain, but she quickly cut me off.
“This was your mothers. The day before she died she won this. It was the only thing that survived the fire, apart from this picture.” Julia slowly uncurled her fist. In it she held a gold medal. It read, ‘Aerobics gold medalist.’ My gaze slowly turned to the photo. It was my mum, with the medal slung around her neck, and my dad holding his fishing rod and rubbing my mum’s belly. My mum actually looks big, different then I remember. Memories returned towards me. I gasped.
“My Mum, she was…was…was pregnant!” I stammered.
“Theses, I believe belong to you.” Julia handed them over. I placed them on my bedside table and hurried downstairs for dinner.

The next day at school I met up with Ruby on my way there. After dinner last night I had thought about starting an aerobics class, and I could feel my mum ushering me towards that decision, if doing this would make her alive, in me. I told Ruby my plans and she agreed it was a great idea. I hung up the sign-up sheet I’d made last night on the notice board. Ruby and I were the first to sign. There were eighteen spaces left. We just needed eight more people to make it an official club.

At the end of the day I checked again and we had fifteen members. Ruby explained I now had to talk to the head teacher about getting the club, but I begged Ruby to do it. I lied I was busy. I said I would meet up on MSN with her later.

I didn’t hurry home; I just needed space and time to think about last night. But my mind was filled with memories of my dad. I remembered he was a fisherman, never seen without his rod. Those grand dinners of salmon and tuna, fresh from rivers, all caught by him. He even sold some to shops. He was a true and pure fisherman born at heart.

At home I did most of my homework that had been piling up before I went on MSN.
Casual Freak: How did it go?
Sports Chick: Fine we got a club!
Casual Freak: Great, I’m sure we could figure out a time, days, place…
Sports chick: Done! Gym, on Saturdays and Thursdays 7-8
Casual Freak: Great, I can’t wait. Also thanks!
Sports Chick: Welcome!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! As always comments and criticism is welcome! It gets better so keep on reading!