Status: Active and updates will be regular

Aerobics

A first try

The week went by quickly and I had no more memories of my parents. When I did think of them they seemed a world away, and then I forgot them. I spent more time at Ruby's house and she spent more time at my house. But after school on Thursday it was hard to try and forget my parents as I walked into the changing room with Ruby.

Ruby and I had gone shopping for leotards and we had spent time at my house customizing them. (Ruby spent a lot of time at my house and had many sleepovers at mine because her mum, even though Ruby pleaded her not to, spent most nights out into the early morning drinking.) Ruby had bought a dark blue one and sewed yellow sequins into the shape of a star on it. It really suited her. I gazed at my deep pink one. I had used red sequins to make a heart and even went into the trouble of using sequins to write, ‘Sports my thing!’ on it. I smiled to myself, we both looked great.

The two teachers were females, and thank goodness. If they were male I bet that half the girls here would be fluttering their eyelashes and giggling and begging for help just to be close to them. I was sure happy they were female.

She started by telling us the rules of aerobics. She said she would teach us aerobics dancing. Which had dance moves and gymnastics added in it as well, not only small aerobics exercises. She went on to talk about more things, but I was to busy thinking about my Mum to listen. How she mastered the sport so well, I knew she was a woman who enjoyed her job as an aerobics teacher a lot.

I heard a glimpse of what the rules were towards the end. She said she would start by teaching them all a simple routine if aerobic exercises. But before we could we had to run five times around the gym. The teachers ran with us. Ruby could have run those laps quickly and easily, being the sporty chick she was. But being a true friend she stopped hung back with me. We ran as we talked about the people who were here.

Many people I didn’t know were here. But I spotted Bad Becky, Cheeky Charlie and Sweet Salina. After the five tiresome laps I slumped onto the floor, completely breathless while we waited for everyone to be finished. I looked into Ruby's eyes. She was panting, but only slightly. Her eyes were gleaming with the joy of running. Sport didn't tire her out; it just made her want to more of it.

Next the teacher told everyone to get a little step from the back of the gym. For an hour we did exercises, each step getting harder. When the lesson was finished the second teacher said we did well and the next lesson was Saturday. She said if we continued to do this well we would move onto the dance section of the lessons in around three months. She said her and her colleague didn't do the dance section. But two male teachers will be here. ‘Oh great I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you still are enjoying it. Once again any comments:) or criticism is welcome xxx