Status: In Progress :)

Wonderwall

Suzanne's Advice

[Chapter 10]

As soon as I woke up, I got ready for the day and made breakfast. Etienne awoke with a start and began to scream. I ran to him, cradling him in my arms. "It's okay, baby. Mommy's here." I calmed him down and began to feed him.  He ate as much as he could and then yelled. He grinned. I got him cleaned up and dressed. We made our way to the car and headed to the Boucher residence. 

I knocked on the door. After a few minutes, Suzanne got up and answered the door. "My daughter and my grandson!  What a surprise!" She hugged us. I smiled. "Hi, mom."

She invited us in and made coffee. "Mom, sit down. I can get it." She shoved a pastry to shut me up. "Alicia, I am capable of making coffee." I smiled and nodded, eating the pastry, sharing with Etienne. Mom startled me by talking after a silent period while she prepared the coffee. "He's gotten big. Looking more like his father every day." I nodded. "He'll be a heartbreaker. All in due time."

"Have you found someone else?" She was so forward about it. I didn't know how to respond. "I know it's early, Alicia, but you have to move on sometime. My son isn't coming back. I know it's hard to think about, but it's the inevitable. He loved you very much. He wouldn't want you to be alone for the rest of your life. Besides, Kris Letang calls me a few times a week to check up on me and to chat for a while. Don't even think about frowning. You have your hands full with Etienne. My point was that Kris talks about you a lot. He tells me that he's in love with you. He thinks you might be able to love him. He even mentioned the whole incident with your father. He called me last night. Ignore your father. If you two are in love, he should respect that."

I nodded. She continued on with her words of wisdom. "Tomorrow you are going to drive back to Pittsburgh and go see Kris. Today we can make cookies." She offered me a warn smile and a hug. Moms really do know how to make you feel better.

We sang along to the radio as we made cookies. The house smelled delicious. Before we knew it, Suzanne had sent me to the hotel to retrieve our things. I got back only to find Suzanne and Etienne watching Barney. I smiled and joined them after putting our stuff in the room. Soon enough, we all passed out, enjoying each others' presence.

•••

I stopped in front of Kris' apartment. I got Etienne out of the car and we walked to his room. I knocked on the door.

Kris answered the door, groggy. He had clearly just woken up. "Alicia?" He looked surprised. I kissed him. "I'm falling in love with you, Kristopher Letang."

He grinned and kissed me. "Finally." He ushered us in. We sat at the coffee table for a while when we both blurted out: "I know it may seem fast, but I want to move in together." We both smiled. He held my hand. "So it's settled."

I nodded. "You'll move into my house."

Today is gonna be the day 
That they're gonna throw it back to you 
By now you should've somehow 
Realized what you gotta do 
I don't believe that anybody 
Feels the way I do about you now 

Backbeat the word was on the street 
That the fire in your heart is out 
I'm sure you've heard it all before 
But you never really had a doubt 
I don't believe that anybody feels 
The way I do about you now 

And all the roads we have to walk along are winding 
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding 
There are many things that I would 
Like to say to you 
I don't know how 

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one who saves me? 
And after all 
You're my Wonderwall