Status: In Progress :)

Wonderwall

Heartkiller

(December 2007)

Life was going good. Luc and I separated for a month because of the whole Max thing, but we're back together now. Luc even forgave Max. Everything was going good; especially since Kris took the hint to just be friends.

***•••***•••***•••***

My mother was blubbering as I got my garter and stilettos on. She needed to stop. I was close to tears myself. 

Mother left the room, only to be replaced by my father. "Alicia you look stunning."

"Thanks, daddy." I put on my garter, grabbed my flowers, and linked arms with dad.

They started playing the wedding march. That's my cue. Dad led me down the aisle. I saw Bella, my maid of honor and best friend, in her blue dress, holding a bouquet of lillies and roses. My eyes darted to the other side of the alter to see Kris standing there in his tux. He had a white rose pinned on his chest. As quickly as my gaze met Kris', it left.

My gaze caught on Luc. He was dressed in his tux with a red rose pinned to his chest. He was anxiously waiting for me to join him.

I stopped at the end of the aisle, hugged and kissed my dad, then took my place next to Luc.

"Who gives this girl to this man?" The priest was looking dad in the eyes.

"I do." Dad shook Luc's hand and sat down next to my mother.

The priest started the ceremony. If we thought time was flying before, we realized it was more so now. Before we knew it, the priest gave us our cue to speak our vows. 

Luc looked me in the eyes. "I cannot express in words how much I love you, and it would take me a lifetime to show you just how much you mean to me. And that is what I want to do: spend my life with you, demonstrating my respect, admiration, and love. I love you, Alicia."

I smiled as he put the ring on my finger. A single tear slid down my cheek. I was proud that my voice didn't crack when I was saying my vows. "When I was a little girl, I prayed for a man who would sweep me off my feet and share my feelings, hopes, and dreams. You made that dream come true. There is just one thing different — it is far more wonderful than I ever imagined. I dreamed of being in love, but I never dreamed of sharing my soul. I dreamed of sharing my thoughts, but I never dreamed someone could hear me without words. In my darkest trouble; in my brightest joys; in my coldest silence; in my warmest thoughts; I looked for you and you were there. I give you my life and my love."

The priest just smiled at us and continued on with the ceremony. "Do you, Luc Bourdon, take Alicia Lemieux to be your lawful wedded wife?"

Luc smiled. "I do."

The priest continued on... "Will you love, respect and honor her throughout your years together?"

A tear escaped Luc's eye as he wore a proud smile. "I will."

I choked up a little, but managed to keep my cool. The priest turned his focus towards me. "Do you, Alicia Lemieux, take Luc Bourdon to be your lawful wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Will you love, respect and honor him throughout your years together?"

"I will."

"By the power vested in me, in front of God and Lord Jesus Christ, I pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Luc really laid one on me. When he pulled away, I was gasping for breath.

"I now introduce to you. Mr and Mrs Luc and Alicia Bourdon"

***•••***•••***•••***

After pictures, we arrived at the reception. We served Chicken Parmesan. It. Was. Delicious. After dinner, our cake was served. It was a white chocolate truffle cake that was absolutely heavenly.

The dee jay got everyone's attention.
"We're now going to start the first dance."

Luc and I made our way to the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist. We started moving to the beat.

"Sometimes it's hard when you're so deep inside
To see all you can lose in a blink of an eye
Dreams could be shattered
You could be gone
How would I survive
Cause you're where I belong
My soul-believer
Without you, I don't know who I would be

Underneath, I can feel you move through me
Inside out, you surround me
I breathe you like I'm taking my last breath
Oh, you're everything I know
So how could I let you go

Sometimes I listen to a voice that isn't mine
I disconnect from everything inside
And I have made choices
And wasted all the days
I could have been with you
Where my heart stayed
I know you've waited faithfully
Blessing our love even stronger

Underneath, I can feel you move through me
Inside out, you surround me
I breathe you like I'm taking my last breath
Oh, you're everything I know
So how could I let you go

And I've been blessed
For every kiss
For every breath
(How could I let you down)
And I've been touched,
By hands I trust
My love is risen

Underneath, I can feel you move through me
Inside out, you surround me
I breathe you like I'm taking my last breath
Oh, you're everything I know
So how could I let you
How could I let you go"

We kissed as the song ended.

"I love you, Alicia Bourdon."

"I love you, Luc Bourdon."

***•••***•••***•••***

(May 2008)

"You're pregnant, Mrs. Bourdon." The doctor seemed very enthusiastic.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"I can't wait to tell Luc!" I was grinning the whole way home. Until I got stuck in traffic, that is. 

I rolled down my window when the police officer tapped on my window. "Miss, I'm going to have to ask you to take a detour. There has been a very bad accident here."

"Are you in a situation where you can tell me who it was? I know a lot of people here."

The officer looked very sad. "Luc Bourdon."

I lost my breath. "No." I made the officer move, threw open the door, and ran to the site of the accident. I saw his blood. I saw his smashed up motorcycle. The tears flew down my cheeks very rapidly and I was balling my eyes out. I ran back to the officer. "Where is he?! Where is Luc." 

The officer looked at me like I was crazy. "Probably at the hospital by now."

"Take me to the damn hospital. Now. I need to see my husband!"

The officer nodded and took me there, leading me to the nearest doctor who, coincidentally, happened to be Luc's doctor. "Doctor, this is Luc Bourdon's wife. Can you take her to her husband?"

The doctor had a grim expression. "I'm sorry, ma'am. Your husband is dead."

I never knew that four words could kill a person's entire being. "He- he- he was g-g-going to b-b-be a f-f-father." That was all I could choke out before I ran. I took off as fast as I could. 

My husband is dead. I am pregnant with his child. I did the only thing I could think of; I called our best friend, Kris Letang.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bella's Dress:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/55042975@N03/5104267930/
Bella's Shoes:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/55042975@N03/5104284706/
Luc&Kris' Tuxes:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/55042975@N03/5104324376/
Alicia's Dress/Hairstyle/Veil:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/55042975@N03/5104327884/
Alicia's Shoes:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/55042975@N03/5104330856/
Cake:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/55042975@N03/5103730953/

Underneath by Jessica Simpson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3gMl2RwiPc