The Matchmaker

It's no Lie, I Am Amazing

Yeah after running for at least five minutes I got kind of tired and I completely lost my sense of direction. Multitasking is not my strong point, luckily it was dark and I don't know this area at all. It was getting real cold so I took my jacket out of my bag and pulled it over my uniform. I was so tired and I didn't even know where I was, I had just ran straight. How does someone get lost runing straight.

I just gave up and sat on the curb. I looked up at the sky and yelled, "why am I so stupid." I put my hands on my forehead and just shook it.

"I'm not going to disagree with you completely," I jumped when I heard it.

"You followed me, I can't believe it," I said rolling my eyes. I looked away and the mummbled to myself, "gotta admire the persistance."

"It's dark and something could happen," he said.

"Nothing worse than the nightmare some asshole is putting me through," I said getting up about ready to walk in the direction I thought I should go. "See that's the problem with you people, you always think that your better and people like me need you."

"Oh yeah so you can handle anything, you don't need help," he said starting to get frustrated. I can't really blame him I was being really difficult.

"You bet I can," I turned to face him. I then started to walk away and I couldn't help but notice a couple figures coming near me in the corner of my eye. I ignored it though, was I really going to be afraid of nothing. But that security was short-lived. Five guys, yeah they easily over power me, but running is no use. I just stopped and watched as they approached me, I crossed my arms and laughed a little bit.

"What do we have here," the middle guy said. Yeah they were all hispanic and two were actually really short, but the other three were bigger.

"Haha just my luck," I said rolling my eyes.

"Ayy Danny she ain't afraid," one of the small ones said.

"No," the middle guy said stepping out of their line and up to me, "I can see the fear behind that pretty face." He was cricling around me and I just had to give him a strange look. I wasn't really scared, none of them had weapons that I could see and all their hands were in the open. This was new to them.

"Back off," I turned and rolled my eyes when I saw him standing there.

"Isn't tis even a little too cliche for you," I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh Danny she's got a boyfriend," the small one said again. It made me laugh because he had one of those high littlevoices, but he talked ghetto.

"Naw Danny," I said mimicing the voice, "you can hurt him if you want. "

"Breanna I'm not kidding get behind me," Anthony said pushing me behind him. I was seriously going to throw up verything about this was cliche. Popular jock guy, plain nobody girl, senseless act of chivalry, like he really even cared.

"Jorge, Jerry," Danny said and they walked toward us I almost laughed about how funny this was turning out to be. One grabbed Anthony and the other punch him and I watched as he fell to the floor. When they picked him back up for more and the middle guy, Danny, started grabbing onto me I decided it was done.

I took my arm and punched him in the face just to get him off of me. "Okay you know what I have a headache," I said pushing the guys off of Anthony. "You see this," I said holding up my cell phone, "yeah you idiots haven't realized I've been on the phone with the cops this whole time." I snapped the phone shut and ten watched the anger come to their eyes.

One of the little ones started charging while yelling, "you little bitch."

"Woah hold up shorty," I said and he stopped. "You do anything wrong and you could easily be put behind bars, think about it, two witnesses who know most of your names Danny, Jorge, Jerry and the two little ones. Let's face it there is too much against you."

They all sort of backed away and looked at eachother and I helped Anthony up so that we could just walk away. "I don't believe it for one second," Danny said grabbing my arm and pulling me toward him. He grabbed my hair and pressed his lips onto mine, I was completely repulsed.

I pushed him away and pressed a button in my back pocket. Sirens started to sound faintly and they grew louder and I said, "you better believe it."

"Shit Danny we gotta get out of here," one of the short ones said. I laughed as half of them started to run. "Yeah you better run or I'll report you." After I was sure they were out of sight I took my phone out and shut it off. Thank God for the police siren app, I never thought it would be of such use to me.

I began to walk and soon enough found a street sign, I was a lot closer to Karly's house than I thought. It was merely one block away and I was relieved. "That was genius," Anthony said.

"Yeah, I told you I could handle it," I said bitterly walking down Calvin street toward Karly's house. I was just ready to sleep, "so tell everyone you know that you found out who I am, it's not going to make a difference." I walked back onto Karly's driveway and threw my bag over her wall to the back yard. I climbed the wall and then jumped to the other side, this could look really bad if it wasn't Karly's house and I didn't know her.

I peaked my head back over the wall and saw his face still in awe at me. "I suggest you leave now," I said and then hopped back down and quickly ran in through their back door and went up to Karly's room. I knew she would still be awake.