The Matchmaker

He's Going to Tell the World

"You are so dumb," Karly said. I was explaining what had just happened and I wasn't even done yet. We were in her room just laughing at everything. It wasn't even that it was all funny, we just reached that point where we are so tired everything is funny.

"Shut up and listen to the rest," I said.

"You stopped, you should have run," she said.

"I could have gotten shot," I said raising my eyebrows, "now just listen." I continued to tell the story and she stayed silent until the very end even though I could see that it was killing her. As soon as I finished she burst out laughing. "What," I said slightly joining the laughter.

"It's all so ridiculous and dumb," she snickered, "how much of that was made up."

"None, and I thought it was genius," I said taking a victorious position.

She rolled her eyes, "oh yeah genius, you should have left Anthony there." I was shocked at her use of sarcasm, but at the same time a little angry.

"I was thnking about it," I said, "but then the whole living with guilt and you know." I was mumbling, I knew it would have been wrong, but why was it so tempting at the moment.

"Is that really worse than living with him," she said giving me a questioning look.

"Oh stop making me regret it," I said and I jumped on her bed and pulled the covers over my head. I really hate this, my punishment for saving him is my secret being told to everyone in the entire school.

------------

It was the day that I was definately dredding, Monday. It's not like Monday's aren't already the worst day of the week, but I was about to walk into a frenzy of people who knew the one thing I did not under any circumstance want them to know. I shut my car door and took a deep breath. I hesitantly walked into the school, and I was surprised that no one even looked at me. Maybe it was because no one in the school really knew who I was, there were so many other girls how would they know which one was Breanna.

But I found it more strange that when I actually walked by people I knew, there was still nothing. I was awestruck, what was going on. Maybe he was waiting till later t embarras me.

"Nothing's hppening," Karly said as I sat next to her.

"I know I'm a little freaked out, but you know its going to happen," I said looking at Karly. I was do involved in being figured out I was walking around like a paranoid freak who thought they were being followed.

"Maybe he won't," Karly said shrugging.

"Of course he will he's .. well himself," I said not knowing what to say to him. Personlly I know that I would tell evryone, but then again I don't understand anything. I don't even begin to understand the inner workings of the male mind.

"I don't know," she shrugged again grabing her backpack at the sound of the bell. I was lost in confusion, but I tried to shake it from my expression as I walked home. I sat in the seat I usually sit in and Allison ran over to sit next to me.

"Bre I'm sorry," she said, "please tell me we're on speking terms." I was sort of ignoring her since she was the idiot who let my secret out.

"Yeah," I said, "i guess it was kinda my fault." I trusted her and that was such a dumb descision.

We were cut off when our teacher made us listen to the announcements. Some teachers take it so seriously, I honestly don't see the point. If I did hear my name I would immediatly pay attention, thats the way my head functions.

The announcements were going on about the usual, meetings, cafeteria special and sports stuff. I had just about tuned out when our student body president Malcom Green said, "we have a special announcement from my friend Anthony Haines."

This was it he was going to yell it out, on the announcements, to the entire school. I would get to hear how he delivered the news, but I didn't want to hear it. "There's a girl out there, she knows who she is, and I will be waiting in front of the Rockford Cinema for you tonight, for our first date."

I wanted to start laughing, does he really think I would show up. Instead I just rolled my eyes at the girls in my class who said aww and kept repeating, "she's so lucky."

"At least he didn't use my name," I whispered to Allison, "because then I would have to do it." I hate that in high school when you say no and the question was made public you are seen as a heartless bitch. I would be the most heartless bitch, but it doesn't matter because he saved me and I wouldn't go anyways.

"Bre you gotta admit," she started. I knew what she was going to say and I started making a sour face, "it's kind of..."

"It is in no way cute," I said rolling my eyes. I can't believe she even tried to finish that when she saw the look on my face. It was practically begging her to just not finish the statement. It's not cute it is somewhat manipulative, let's see how he feels being stood up. God knows he's done it enough to girls, it's time for that jerk to get a big table spoon of his own medicine.

The bell rang and I grabbed my bags while Allison skipped and sang 'we're going to stats'. I rolled my eyes and stoped at my locker to get my calculator. A bunch of flowers fell out of my locker and Allison smiled as I gave her a stern look to wipe it off her face.

"You have got to be kidding me," Karly said laughing a bit. I was throwing them all in my locker.

"I'll just avoid using my locker," I said shrugging.

"How are you going to do that," Allison questioned as we walked to class. It was the only class all of us had together.

"I'll just use Jessica's books, she won't mind," i said shrugging. We walked into English, I knew this would be an interesting year, but I could have never imagined this. It was ridiculous, he knows very well I don't want this crap to happen.